HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Rob Scuderi (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1210701)

Reaper45 06-18-2012 06:25 PM

Rob Scuderi

Rob "the piece" Scuderi. 3.4 million for one more season. Major part of the Kings defense but I'm of the belief that age will catch up to him sooner than later. Time to sell high on the two time Stanley Cup winning defensive defenseman, so what would your team offer for Scuds?

Disclaimer: Fellow Kings fans I know he's not likely to be moved but hypothetically you move Scuds and go after Suter.

wej20 06-18-2012 06:29 PM

I'd be surprised if age caught up with him next season, he's managed to stay remarkably healthy for a shot-blocking dmen and he's never relied on his skating so I don't see that being a problem.

rajuabju 06-18-2012 07:22 PM

So you want to create a huge hole in our D?

Forbort is 2-3 years away.
Muzzin is totally unproven. May work out but I wouldnt put him into a top 4 role.
Hickey doesnt play that style

So the only move that would make sense would be a lateral move for another defensive D that is perhaps younger or a lower salary...

Unless you are thinking Drewiske takes his spot, which I hope is not your line of thinking...

KINGS17 06-18-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajuabju (Post 51061653)

Muzzin is totally unproven. May work out but I wouldnt put him into a top 4 role.

So the only move that would make sense would be a lateral move for another defensive D that is perhaps younger or a lower salary...

Unless you are thinking Drewiske takes his spot, which I hope is not your line of thinking...

The OP is obviously thinking the Kings would win the Suter lotto.

Reaper45 06-18-2012 07:57 PM

You don't read do you?
Quote:

Originally Posted by rajuabju (Post 51061653)

KingCanadain1976 06-18-2012 10:19 PM

wow im surprized no one offered anything Im bumping this up to see if there will be any interest

Ziggy Stardust 06-18-2012 10:23 PM

Scuderi's value to a team is a lot higher than it would be in the trade market. Cup contending teams need players like Scuderi who carry themselves with the leadership and a calming presence on the blueline.

Can't see who or what the Kings would be interested in acquiring for Scuderi, especially if his replacement is going to come at a very hefty cost.

tyflames 06-18-2012 10:27 PM

On a side note what would it take to get hickey from LA. From a flames standpoint?

KingCanadain1976 06-18-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 51068933)
Scuderi's value to a team is a lot higher than it would be in the trade market. Cup contending teams need players like Scuderi who carry themselves with the leadership and a calming presence on the blueline.

Can't see who or what the Kings would be interested in acquiring for Scuderi, especially if his replacement is going to come at a very hefty cost.

only thing i can see is pick or scoring winger prospects or both I dunno :help:

Vic Vinegar 06-18-2012 10:36 PM

If we do miraculously end up with Suter then I think Scuderi would be dealt for a good scoring prospect and a pick. I can't see the Kings taking any salary back.
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyflames (Post 51069095)
On a side note what would it take to get hickey from LA. From a flames standpoint?

I don't know... Maybe a 2nd rounder?

Sweech 06-18-2012 10:39 PM

Well since no one has offered anything the Jets will give you some future considerations.

tyflames 06-18-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DimMak187 (Post 51069503)
If we do miraculously end up with Suter then I think Scuderi would be dealt for a good scoring prospect and a pick. I can't see the Kings taking any salary back.

I don't know... Maybe a 2nd rounder?

Flames don't have one for the next 2 years.. Ya our GM has a fear of them I believe. Anyway how about something like Brett Carson and a 3rd round?

Capn Brown 06-18-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45 (Post 51059289)

Disclaimer: Fellow Kings fans I know he's not likely to be moved but hypothetically you move Scuds and go after Suter.

My thoughts almost exactly. You've got to first GET Suter before you give up Scuds, though. :p:

Bad Will Hunting 06-18-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

No way

CobraAcesS 06-18-2012 11:15 PM

How realistic is it that LA goes after Suter?

Two defenders making 7M? Yeah your going to be in trouble at some point trying to keep that roster together.

Resign Stoll and look for a replacement for Penner if he wont sign cheap. To bad Jones is off the market now.. Want to make an offer?

danaluvsthekings 06-18-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Without knowing what the new CBA is going to bring, going after another big salary player could be very risky for the Kings. You have Kopitar at $6.8, Richards at $5.75, Carter at $5.272, Doughty at $7 mil, Quick is going to be making north of $5 mil on his next contract and I'd imagine Suter is going to be in that $7 mil range with Doughty. Using a $6 mil figure for Quick and $7 mil for Suter, that's $37.8 mil for 6 players. If the cap drops in a new CBA the Kings could find themselves having a hard time filling out the rest of the roster. Don't get me wrong, the idea of adding a Suter or Parise to the reigning Stanley Cup champs is a tempting one, but with the CBA being up in the air, it could be a dangerous move. Even a small drop (possible if the players get a smaller percentage of revenue) to like a $60 mil ceiling would only leave the Kings with $22 mil for 17 players.

ObsessedCreative 06-19-2012 02:52 AM

Quote:

Rob "the piece" Scuderi. 3.4 million for one more season. Major part of the Kings defense but I'm of the belief that age will catch up to him sooner than later. Time to sell high on the two time Stanley Cup winning defensive defenseman, so what would your team offer for Scuds?

Straight up swap of Martin and Scudz?

KEEROLE Vatanen 06-19-2012 03:12 AM

maybe a 3rd round pick...i'm always weary of defensemen who come off a long playoff run and play the type of game he does, the wear and tear could catch up to him....

BrookswasHere44 06-19-2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative (Post 51074237)
Straight up swap of Martin and Scudz?

I was thinking the same thing..cant see LA ever doing it

McSorley 33 06-19-2012 03:21 AM

Quote:

At first I was pissed that you wanted to move him until I read the whole post and it makes sense. He is getting old. A Suter sign and scud trade would be magic.

We don't have anyone who could replace Scud and play at his level.

Habitant le colon 06-19-2012 04:45 AM

Therrien know him pretty well and I do think That Bergevin love that d-man type player.

Greg Pateryn + Nashville 2nd 2012

GCM 06-19-2012 06:31 AM

Mason Raymond, 3rd 2012 from the Canucks.

Raymond is a risky asset. Could pay off big time from a change of scenery (he has great speed and has made improvements in his hands/shot).

Though I don't think he'd get better in Sutter's system. He is reliable as a PKer and we use him in a defensive role. He doesn't really have an identity anymore.

The 3rd is more of something actually solid so that even if Raymond doesn't work out they still have something to show for the trade.

It's not much but it's only a 1 year deal that Scuds is on and he's decently old so I think it's fair value but I might be off.