HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   St. Louis Blues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Your 2012-2013 St. Louis Blues...part zwei (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1210755)

The Note 06-18-2012 02:44 PM

Your 2012-2013 St. Louis Blues...part zwei
 
MOD NOTE
Reached out limit on thread 1.

Continuing the discussion here...
-CN





Quote:

Originally Posted by Multimoodia (Post 51048551)
On the primary trade board the Dallas fans have indicated they may very well have a fire sale and the possibility of Mike Ribeiro has been thrown around.

I would do this trade, 5/year or not:

D'Ags + Ponich + 3rd


Instantly solves our center issue, Ribeiro played well for Tippett and I suspect would for Hitchcock. While I would prefer someone larger, he does play larger than he is and while I would prefer more of a goal scorer for the Blues way they play their centers, his offensive skill is enough that he could very likely be the sort of center that would turn around Stewart.

Just some thoughts...

I'd do that trade no problem. Idk how Dallas would feel about it though

Chojin 06-18-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Multimoodia (Post 51048551)
On the primary trade board the Dallas fans have indicated they may very well have a fire sale and the possibility of Mike Ribeiro has been thrown around.

That Dallas fan is retarded. Dallas doesn't need to blow up their team, and with their attendance problems, they'd probably irreparably damage the franchise if they did.

Multimoodia 06-18-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chojin (Post 51050479)
That Dallas fan is retarded. Dallas doesn't need to blow up their team, and with their attendance problems, they'd probably irreparably damage the franchise if they did.

It is not mine to question what or why, simply to take advantage of a situation when it presents itself.

The odd thing is there is a lot of Dallas fans agreeing that Ribeiro could be on the way out. Obviously I highly doubt he goes for the collection I indicated, but I do not think his value is all that great at the moment either.

Blue Goose 06-18-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Multimoodia (Post 51052155)
It is not mine to question what or why, simply to take advantage of a situation when it presents itself.

The odd thing is there is a lot of Dallas fans agreeing that Ribeiro could be on the way out. Obviously I highly doubt he goes for the collection I indicated, but I do not think his value is all that great at the moment either.

I wouldn't mind having Ribeiro in STL. It would instantly improve one of our greatest areas of weakness: shootout percentage.

taylord22 06-18-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Goose (Post 51055461)
I wouldn't mind having Ribeiro in STL. It would instantly improve one of our greatest areas of weakness: shootout percentage.

...and it would give us an actual playmaker.

If he were actually available, Army would be all over it. Unfortunately, Dallas is pretty weak at Center so they have zero incentive of trading him unless another one is coming back.

Chojin 06-18-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Multimoodia (Post 51052155)
It is not mine to question what or why, simply to take advantage of a situation when it presents itself.

The odd thing is there is a lot of Dallas fans agreeing that Ribeiro could be on the way out. Obviously I highly doubt he goes for the collection I indicated, but I do not think his value is all that great at the moment either.

Oh yeah, there are a lot of players on Dallas that I'd love to have; it just doesn't seem likely that they're available.

BlueDream 06-18-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blanick (Post 51049329)
Something I just thought of is that alot of our posters seem to have our top two lines locked in as

Perron-Backes-Oshie
McDonald-Berglund-Tarasenko

now what I just noticed is that line 1 is all rightys and line 2 is all lefties. I just do not see how that is going to work. I don't think Hitch is going to break up Backes and Oshie after the season they had last year and I really think McDonald with Tarasenko could be lethal together. So maybe Hitch will try McDonald as #2C and move Berglund down. Also we wouldnt have to start Schwartz in Peoria and could have our top 9 set already to put all our focus on a dman partner for Petro

Steen-Backes-Oshie (L,R,R)
Perron-McDonald-Tarasenko (R,L,L)
Schwartz-Berglund-Stewart (L,L,R)

McDonald will play wing.

What would be ideal is if Stewart could get his ass in gear and start scoring so the Blues could roll something like:

McDonald-Backes-Stewart
Perron-Berglund-Tarasenko
Steen-Sobotka-Oshie

I like that 3rd line because they can provide offense, energy, and play a shut-down role. Oshie will probably be in the top 6 though.

Celtic Note 06-18-2012 06:12 PM

From JR's recent morning skate...

Quote:

• The assumption from many is that the Blues will be looking for a defensive partner to play with Alex Pietrangelo. The indication from Armstrong is that the Blues need to sign a top-four defenseman, a move that I think would be made in addition to the possibility of re-signing Barret Jackman. "To say that you want to find a player to play with Petro ... Petro can play with anybody," Armstrong said. "We want to find a top-four defenseman. Whether (that top-four defenseman) plays with (Kevin Shattenkirk), whether he plays with (Pietrangelo), whether he plays with Roman. If we could add one player that we feel really comfortable about being in the four, then we really feel good about our group."
• Armstrong indicated that if the Blues find a righthanded defenseman, then Pietrangelo, a righthander, could play on the left side. "I think Petro could move to the left and play with Shatty," Armstrong said. "I think he could move to the left and play with Roman if he had to. He's the guy that's going to make whoever he plays with better. It's more of a compliment to Petro, but given an injury, I believe he can play, with his hockey sense, he could play wing if he wants. I hope I'm not putting too much pressure on him, but I think he's an elite and special player. We're lucky to have him."


Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hocke...#ixzz1yBlyrGrb
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hocke...a4bcf6878.html

Would you entertain the option of brining in a RHD and moving Petro to LHD with Shattenkirk or Polak?


Also, Army said he will be looking for a third line center in addition to a 7th piece of the defense group. Finally, he said Oshie, Steen or Sobotka could play 3rd line center if necessary. via... http://www.101sports.com/templates/a...yer.php?a=8147

BlueDream 06-18-2012 07:04 PM

Nice. I'd like to get a 3rd-line center like Stoll. I wouldn't be penciling Nichol back in just yet.

Alklha 06-18-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celtic Note (Post 51058737)
Would you entertain the option of brining in a RHD and moving Petro to LHD with Shattenkirk or Polak?

Nope, and I don't think that it is something that is being seriously considered. I think the point is if injuries happen, or if we don't get the defenseman we want this summer and need to shake our pairing up for whatever reason next season, then we have some options. I don't doubt for a second that Pietrangelo could play LHD to a very high standard, but it might only be 90% of his ability on RHD and you don't want that kind of trade-off.

BTW, do we not need a new thread for this because it is over 1000?

Celtic Note 06-18-2012 07:44 PM

Your 2012-2013 St. Louis Blues...part zwei
 
^ Good call!

BlueDream 06-18-2012 09:11 PM

Yeah I think you looked into the possibility of moving Pietrangelo to the left side way too literally. IMO that means nothing and it's just Armstrong trying not to show his cards and blatantly say "WE WANT A LEFT-HANDED DEFENSEMAN LIKE GARRISON OR SUTER!"

Halak Ness Monster 06-18-2012 09:19 PM

It definitely sounds like the Blues will be after Ryan Suter on July 1st.

Now whether or not they are 100% committed to adding him, I doubt it. However, Army said enough to make it seem like we'll be players for him.

They want to add a top 4 d-man and they have the money for a difference maker. I have a feeling Suter lands 7 million from Detroit and the most the Blues can go is under 6.5 million so I don't think we'll get him. However, if Suter is interested in taking a little less to stay in the heart of the Midwest, we'll be of interest to him.

Ignore42me* 06-18-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halak Ness Monster (Post 51066393)
It definitely sounds like the Blues will be after Ryan Suter on July 1st.

Now whether or not they are 100% committed to adding him, I doubt it. However, Army said enough to make it seem like we'll be players for him.

They want to add a top 4 d-man and they have the money for a difference maker. I have a feeling Suter lands 7 million from Detroit and the most the Blues can go is under 6.5 million so I don't think we'll get him. However, if Suter is interested in taking a little less to stay in the heart of the Midwest, we'll be of interest to him.

Couldnt agree more. STL meets the criteria of most things hes looking for + he get to plays with Pietrangelo or Shattenkirk. It would be amazing if he would take 6-6.5 mil to play here. If he wants 7 mil, sorry but i dont want him that bad.

Mike Liut 06-18-2012 10:30 PM

The difference between 6.5 and 7 shouldn't deter the Blues from signing him. What the hell is 500,000 these days in pro sports ? I know where the Blues could shed 3 million pretty easily. I will give you a hint...

Big, lazy, doesn't hit

Robb_K 06-18-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ignore42me (Post 51067113)
Couldnt agree more. STL meets the criteria of most things hes looking for + he get to plays with Pietrangelo or Shattenkirk. It would be amazing if he would take 6-6.5 mil to play here. If he wants 7 mil, sorry but i dont want him that bad.

I'd play him with Shattenkirk, rather than Pietrangelo, just as The Blues had MacInnis and Pronger on two different regular shifts, so one or the other could be on the ice most of every game.

So, with the re-signing of Jackman, that leaves us STILL hoping that Cole will develop quickly to be adequate as Pietrangelo's shiftmate. I'd rather see Jackman mostly on the 3rd shift. I hope Cole can rise to the challenge in Camp, and during the pre-season (assuming that there will be one).

letmesleep 06-19-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Liut (Post 51069221)
The difference between 6.5 and 7 shouldn't deter the Blues from signing him. What the hell is 500,000 these days in pro sports ? I know where the Blues could shed 3 million pretty easily. I will give you a hint...

Big, lazy, doesn't hit

Another option would be trading D'Agostini and Crombeen for picks/prospects. That would certainly hurt our depth though.

Halak Ness Monster 06-19-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robb_K (Post 51069337)
I'd play him with Shattenkirk, rather than Pietrangelo, just as The Blues had MacInnis and Pronger on two different regular shifts, so one or the other could be on the ice most of every game.

So, with the re-signing of Jackman, that leaves us STILL hoping that Cole will develop quickly to be adequate as Pietrangelo's shiftmate. I'd rather see Jackman mostly on the 3rd shift. I hope Cole can rise to the challenge in Camp, and during the pre-season (assuming that there will be one).

I'd expect the Blues to shop Cole at the draft or early in free agency.

He doesn't have a place to play this season. Hitchcock won't play him with Pietrangelo against top lines.

BlueDream 06-19-2012 12:24 AM

I don't think Cole is going anywhere. You need to carry at least 7 defensemen on the roster and then have 2 guys in Peoria who can come up and play at the NHL level if injuries hit. Cole is young with potential and cheap. I don't see why that would just be traded away...

Cole will find playing time.

Halak Ness Monster 06-19-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDream (Post 51072453)
I don't think Cole is going anywhere. You need to carry at least 7 defensemen on the roster and then have 2 guys in Peoria who can come up and play at the NHL level if injuries hit. Cole is young with potential and cheap. I don't see why that would just be traded away...

Cole will find playing time.

We have Cade Fairchild who can fill in and Ian Cole has solid trade value.

Cole doesn't have a spot now or for the future.

If we can move him in a deal for a Jordan Staal type player, do it.

No point in keeping him around to play 20-25 games. He needs consistent playing time.

Ignore42me* 06-19-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halak Ness Monster (Post 51072045)
I'd expect the Blues to shop Cole at the draft or early in free agency.

He doesn't have a place to play this season. Hitchcock won't play him with Pietrangelo against top lines.

if Suter came i would think he and shattenkirk would be our top pairing. if that was the way we paired the d. Honestly with Suter id pair him with any of our RDs.

BlueDream 06-19-2012 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halak Ness Monster (Post 51072661)
We have Cade Fairchild who can fill in and Ian Cole has solid trade value.

Cole doesn't have a spot now or for the future.

If we can move him in a deal for a Jordan Staal type player, do it.

No point in keeping him around to play 20-25 games. He needs consistent playing time.

No dude. Cole is better than Fairchild. Ian Cole is not getting traded because of Cade freakin' Fairchild. He's an undersized d-man who has played 5 NHL games...Hint: He's not making anyone expendable.

The organization needs both for depth.

Mike Liut 06-19-2012 07:39 AM

Yeah, let's not push Cole out the door so quick. There is no reason to yet.

Blanick 06-19-2012 07:51 AM

So out of our two remaining RFAs (Oshie and Perron) who gets signed first?

Vegas odds say its 50/50. Taking all bets. Who ya got

PocketNines 06-19-2012 08:05 AM

I suspect we hear about Langenbrunner and Nichol (if they're going to sign) before we hear about Perron and Oshie. In a radio interview yesterday, Armstrong hinted that he was very comfortable going to July or even August but that in the end those two would be signed. Of course, that could be some positioning to get the players a little lower in their asking price (if the players want to get it over with quicker) but generally I'd take Armstrong at his word on that.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.