HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The AHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Favorites for the 2012-2013 Calder Cup? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1211719)

Billy Mays Here 06-20-2012 02:53 AM

Favorites for the 2012-2013 Calder Cup?
 
I really don't follow the AHL much but I was just wondering who you guys thing will be some good teams next season? Is it too early to tell given the fact that we haven't completed the draft, yet alone gone through free agency, or is there already some teams that you guys have in mind?

I suppose it's also gonna be hard to know where some of the younger players on each team will be playing next season as well. By that I mean will they be sent back to their CHL/European team, sent to the AHL, or will they earn a spot on the NHL club's roster?

SFTC Addict 06-20-2012 03:11 AM

Chicago
St. john's
Hershey

GarbageGoal 06-20-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan (Post 51123181)
I really don't follow the AHL much but I was just wondering who you guys thing will be some good teams next season? Is it too early to tell given the fact that we haven't completed the draft, yet alone gone through free agency, or is there already some teams that you guys have in mind?

I suppose it's also gonna be hard to know where some of the younger players on each team will be playing next season as well. By that I mean will they be sent back to their CHL/European team, sent to the AHL, or will they earn a spot on the NHL club's roster?

I wait until Thanksgiving to decide who's going to be good.

Frostbite Warrior 06-20-2012 12:01 PM

I have 4 words for ya Adirondack Phantoms win Calder Cup

axecrew 06-20-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frostbite Warrior (Post 51134575)
I have 4 words for ya Adirondack Phantoms win Calder Cup

I got 4 more for you.......yeah well fat chance.

No Fun Shogun 06-20-2012 12:28 PM

St. John's vs Hershey in the East
Chicago vs Oklahoma City in the West

Adshockey06 06-20-2012 12:34 PM

It's tough at this point to guess...i would bet on the east division to represent the eastern confrence... make that what 10 years in a row? and I like Chicago out west right now but I would ask again in september.

Rumblick 06-20-2012 03:01 PM

The last time a Calder Cup champion switched affiliates, they won the Calder the following year (Springfield Indians 1990-91).

Therefore, the Norfolk Admirals will be your 2013 calder Cup Champions.
:D

adsfan 06-20-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumblick (Post 51143009)
The last time a Calder Cup champion switched affiliates, they won the Calder the following year (Springfield Indians 1990-91).

Therefore, the Norfolk Admirals will be your 2013 calder Cup Champions.
:D

Shouldn't that be Syracuse?

210 06-20-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frostbite Warrior (Post 51134575)
I have 4 words for ya Adirondack Phantoms win Calder Cup

Except, well, ummmm, that's five words....

210 06-20-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adsfan (Post 51149171)
Shouldn't that be Syracuse?

No, in 1989-90 the Indians won the Calder Cup as the Islanders affiliate. In 1990-91 the Indians won it again as the Whalers affiliate.

Metro Misfits 06-20-2012 06:33 PM

I may be a little bias :laugh:

Charlotte Checkers.

Recently signed John ( I am the Moose ) Muse.

2 NCAA Championships with BC, and Kelly Cup winner.

When he was in Charlotte, his numbers was unbelievable. With a rock in net, and more vets coming back.

We was #2 in the Western Conference for most of the year and fell off when Muse left.

adsfan 06-20-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 210 (Post 51150443)
No, in 1989-90 the Indians won the Calder Cup as the Islanders affiliate. In 1990-91 the Indians won it again as the Whalers affiliate.

My point is the Norfolk players are moving to Syracuse. They have a lot of playoff experience and that should carry over if there aren't too many call-ups.

Billy Mays Here 06-20-2012 10:41 PM

Just curious what you guys think about Houston considering I'm a Wild fan and all.

pelts35.com 06-21-2012 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 210 (Post 51150307)
Except, well, ummmm, that's five words....

Now that's beyond a Hutchism

http://2wheeltuesday.com/wp-content/.../epic-fail.jpg

IceCapsNation 06-21-2012 08:48 AM

I wouldn't flat out say the IceCaps are going to be a contender for the east. They're looking at a totally different Defence core. A few of their players who can walk this year were large contributors last season.

210 06-21-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adsfan (Post 51165689)
My point is the Norfolk players are moving to Syracuse. They have a lot of playoff experience and that should carry over if there aren't too many call-ups.

The Binghamton Whalers were the worst team in the AHL, and then many of those players won the Calder Cup the next season with the Indians.

Anything can happen in the AHL...

SFTC Addict 06-21-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceCapsNation (Post 51177159)
I wouldn't flat out say the IceCaps are going to be a contender for the east. They're looking at a totally different Defence core. A few of their players who can walk this year were large contributors last season.

I'm thinking in terms of how these teams operate a little different then the other teams get to.

Lurch 06-21-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun (Post 51135741)
St. John's vs Hershey in the East
Chicago vs Oklahoma City in the West

I wish I could agree with the Hershey prediction, but it is going to be a tough year for us by the looks of it. The Caps have raided our cupboards ad I have not seen any replacements. Holtby not coming back is the tip of the iceberg. Unless we end up signing some vets quickly, Hershey will be fielding an ECHL caliber team this year.

210 06-21-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurch (Post 51207477)
I wish I could agree with the Hershey prediction, but it is going to be a tough year for us by the looks of it. The Caps have raided our cupboards ad I have not seen any replacements. Holtby not coming back is the tip of the iceberg. Unless we end up signing some vets quickly, Hershey will be fielding an ECHL caliber team this year.

No, they'll finally be fielding an AHL caliber team :laugh:

KingJet* 06-21-2012 07:06 PM

St. John's/OKC final

SFTC Addict 06-22-2012 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurch (Post 51207477)
I wish I could agree with the Hershey prediction, but it is going to be a tough year for us by the looks of it. The Caps have raided our cupboards ad I have not seen any replacements. Holtby not coming back is the tip of the iceberg. Unless we end up signing some vets quickly, Hershey will be fielding an ECHL caliber team this year.

See McFlicker is gone.

SFTC Addict 06-22-2012 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 210 (Post 51207763)
No, they'll finally be fielding an AHL caliber team :laugh:

So them and the Wolvies are AAAA

Figured it out. They should play eachother 76 times and whoever wins the series should play the NHL Champion for the right to be Puck's Champ!

Billy Mays Here 06-22-2012 03:17 AM

Alright no one is answering my question so I'll ask it again. How about Houston? They'll have a number of good prospects coming in such as Charlie Coyle, Zach Phillips, Brett Bulmer, and Jason Zucker. A few other players that may arrive in Houston, depending on what moves are made between now and the start of the season, include Johan Larsson, Granlund, and Jonas Brodin.

I'm trying not to be a homer but I think they'll have at least a decent team.

AdmiralsFan24 06-22-2012 04:04 AM

Nobody knows because nobody knows what prospects will sign and which ones will be assigned to the AHL.

Binghamton won the 2011 Calder Cup and finished with the fewest points in the AHL in the 2011-12 regular season.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.