HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Colin Murphy - Chris Conner - Tyler Shelast (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=121178)

BDubinskyNYR17* 12-30-2004 04:42 PM

Colin Murphy - Chris Conner - Tyler Shelast

Is this guy and UFA or was he drafted?? Reason I ask is cause he is a very skilled centre that we can use and he has ok size at 5'11 195. Another player that I like is 5'7 175 LW Chris Conner. Another player that I like is LW 6'1 195 Tyler Shelast. He is big and physical and can score. 8 of 9 goals for Shelast has came on the PP. We can use some PP help as well.

Kovy274Hart 12-31-2004 01:04 AM

I believe Murphy is an unsigned free agent. Connor I liked the most on Tech.

nrf83 12-31-2004 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Is this guy and UFA or was he drafted?? Reason I ask is cause he is a very skilled centre that we can use and he has ok size at 5'11 195. Another player that I like is 5'7 175 LW Chris Conner. Another player that I like is LW 6'1 195 Tyler Shelast. He is big and physical and can score. 8 of 9 goals for Shelast has came on the PP. We can use some PP help as well.

Hey JO, is there a hockey game that you've watched that you haven't espoused signing one player for NYR from whatever team that is playing? I suspect Glen has a handle on many FA and prospects that are available. ;) : ;)

AG9NK35DT8* 12-31-2004 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41

Just because these guys look good at a college game doesnt mean they are NHL'ers.These scouts see things in players that we the fan dont thats why we are not scouts.I understand you get excited when watching hockey, but its like everytime you watch a game and see a player who plays good you say NYR should sign him.Thats not how it goes.

Out West 01-22-2005 04:14 PM

Michigan Tech

Collin Murphy is certainly showing his skill in the past month...The team is winning games against top ranked teams and Murphy is leading the way...Chris Connor is contributing and the line of Murphy - Desmet - Connor are playing excellent hockey...Murphy graduates after this season...He definatley deserves a shot in the Pro Leagues...MTU freshman Tyler Shelast is playing very well on the 2nd line...Lots of great attributes (Shelast just turned 20)...A few more seasons with Jamie Russell and he'll be a great prospect...MTU is doing a great job recruiting and gearing up for success in the next 2 - 3 years...Connor has 1 more season left at MTU after this year...Watch for him from here on in...