HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Kings News: LA Kings Release Pre-Season Schedule (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1212005)

Ziggy Stardust 06-20-2012 02:39 PM

LA Kings Release Pre-Season Schedule
 
http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?i...id=DL|LAK|home
Quote:

LOS ANGELES The Los Angeles Kings, the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions, today announced their preseason schedule for the 2012-13 NHL season. The Kings are currently scheduled to play seven preseason games -- including two at STAPLES Center on September 24 versus the Phoenix Coyotes and October 8 versus the New York Rangers.

In addition to the two home games at STAPLES Center, the Kings will host the Colorado Avalanche at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on September 29 and the Ducks at Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario on October 6.

The Kings travel to Phoenix on September 24 (as part of a split-squad game), to Colorado on September 26 and to Anaheim on October 1.

Tickets for the two Kings preseason games at STAPLES Center are scheduled to go on sale later this summer. Tickets are currently on sale for the games in Las Vegas and in Ontario.

For all Kings ticket information, call 1-888-KINGS-LA (1-888-54647-52) and visit LAKings.com.

Date, Date, Opponent, City, Venue, Time (Pacific)

Mon., Sept. 24, Coyotes, Phoenix, Jobing.com Arena, 7:30 p.m.

Mon., Sept. 24, Coyotes, Los Angeles, STAPLES Center, 7:30 p.m.

Wed., Sept. 26, Avalanche, Denver, Pepsi Center, 6 p.m.

Sat., Sept. 29, Avalanche, Las Vegas, MGM Grand, 7 p.m.

Mon., Oct. 1, Ducks, Anaheim, Honda Center, 7:05 p.m.

Sat., Oct. 6 , Ducks, Ontario, Citizens Business Bank Arena, 7 p.m.

Mon., Oct. 8, Rangers, Los Angeles, STAPLES Center, 7:30 p.m.

King'sPawn 06-20-2012 02:42 PM

Oct 8 preseason game? Really?

ouendan1 06-20-2012 02:44 PM

normal stuff with the exception of the game against the Rangers. I assume this means NY will start the season out west? It seems odd to have them play a West coast game as their last preseason game.

Also it seems like October 8th is a late end to the preseason...

Ziggy Stardust 06-20-2012 02:45 PM

Noticed that too. My guess is the season will start that week for teams playing over in Europe and the first games in North America will be played shortly after those games. It is unusual as I am used to seeing the Kings open their season around the first or second week of October.

Vamos Rafa 06-20-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 51142307)
Noticed that too. My guess is the season will start that week for teams playing over in Europe and the first games in North America will be played shortly after those games. It is unusual as I am used to seeing the Kings open their season around the first or second week of October.

I thought that there wasn't gonna be a European tour for any NHL team next season.

KopitarFAN 06-20-2012 03:07 PM

I don't know if 2 games against phoenix is a very good idea. Better dress Westgarth in one and Clifford in the other.

Ziggy Stardust 06-20-2012 03:10 PM

Wasn't aware the NHL won't be sending teams to Europe this year. If that is the case, then it makes the late start to the season rather inexplicable. But I'm not going to complain, the later start may benefit the Kings.

Herby 06-20-2012 03:22 PM

Wow, they are starting late this season.

FF is going to have more minor league players than usual.

SLang 06-20-2012 03:25 PM

What? Already? Seems like the season just ended like a week ago!

:handclap:

kingsholygrail 06-20-2012 04:24 PM

Kings not going to Europe?

Looks like no Stanley Cup for 2013..

FrozenKing18 06-20-2012 04:32 PM

Seems late

onlyalad 06-20-2012 04:47 PM

I am guessing the late start is to give a little more time to get a new CBA.

Sydor25 06-20-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsholygrail (Post 51146843)
Kings not going to Europe?

Looks like no Stanley Cup for 2013..

Nobody is going to Europe next season. As long as there isn't a lockout, anyone can win the cup next season. ;)

johnjm22 06-20-2012 05:07 PM

I doubt any of these games actually take place.

Vamos Rafa 06-20-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjm22 (Post 51148443)
I doubt any of these games actually take place.

I made a thread about the lockout earlier this past season and from the replies I read, no one was worried about it. Now we should be?

Ziggy Stardust 06-20-2012 06:03 PM

Seeing how they are actually about to start negotiating the CBA pretty soon, I do not foresee another lockout occurring.

Quattro 06-20-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grillinnap (Post 51150277)
I made a thread about the lockout earlier this past season and from the replies I read, no one was worried about it. Now we should be?

well, the negative neds have to have something to complain about now :laugh:

kingsfan28 06-20-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Mon., Oct. 8, Rangers, Los Angeles, STAPLES Center, 7:30 p.m.
Interesting.Unless the NYR are starting the season out west, seems like a wasted trip

Ziggy Stardust 06-20-2012 07:30 PM

I like that the Kings only leave California for one pre-season game, and that's for Frozen Fury in Vegas. They'll get plenty of rest before the start of the season, which I expect to start at home. Guess we'll find out tomorrow morning.

Wildturkey12 06-20-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 51156501)
I like that the Kings only leave California for one pre-season game, and that's for Frozen Fury in Vegas. They'll get plenty of rest before the start of the season, which I expect to start at home. Guess we'll find out tomorrow morning.

Denver too.

Ziggy Stardust 06-20-2012 07:33 PM

Oh yes, missed that one. This pre-season schedule is quite generous for the Kings. Hoping they don't hit the road till the 2nd/3rd week of the season.

johnjm22 06-21-2012 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 51150553)
Seeing how they are actually about to start negotiating the CBA pretty soon, I do not foresee another lockout occurring.

Mckenzie thinks otherwise. I usually ignore pundits, but it's hard to argue with Bob, he's usually right.

JureEe 06-21-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 51156701)
Oh yes, missed that one. This pre-season schedule is quite generous for the Kings. Hoping they don't hit the road till the 2nd/3rd week of the season.

schedule is out.. :)

Capn Brown 06-21-2012 01:39 PM

What, no TV? We're the champs! The champs, dammit! Give us televised pre-season games!!! :soap:

Ziggy Stardust 06-21-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capn Brown (Post 51191597)
What, no TV? We're the champs! The champs, dammit! Give us televised pre-season games!!! :soap:

The TV schedule hasn't been released yet. That'll come at another date.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.