HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   LA Kings-Stanley Cup Champions!! NEW Video! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1212131)

jmsalsa 06-20-2012 06:05 PM

LA Kings-Stanley Cup Champions!! NEW Video!

Finally got it done. Thanks to everyone for all the kind words on all the videos. It's been an honor to share them all with you. Can't wait for next season!

Please share on facebook, twitter (i'm @jsalsLA), everywhere!!

Puck U 06-20-2012 06:50 PM

OK ... crap ... I'm crying again ... damnit. :)

drbob 06-20-2012 07:13 PM

Great job again, Thanks!

I got goose bumps watching your video!

One of my all time fave moments in LA Sports history, maybe my #1.

Been a Kings fan since the 70's...

Bless you!

palffytofrovlov 06-20-2012 07:23 PM

Great video!!! all pumped to get this going again!!! :handclap:

TruKingFan 06-20-2012 07:34 PM

Awesome work, man! Gratis.

Nefarious 06-20-2012 08:01 PM

http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachm...et-posters.jpg

jml87 06-20-2012 08:12 PM

Been waiting for this and for that countdown to finally hit zero.

I got chills, the music choice was perfect.

Thanks for these videos, they'll be bookmarked for a long time by me :)

savemefromtears 06-20-2012 08:46 PM

Good work JMSALSA!!!

Woot woot!

Scottkmlps 06-20-2012 09:07 PM

Very nice work.

Now let's do it again next year :thumbu:

Rorschach 06-20-2012 09:41 PM

That was more than good.

KingsKnight 06-20-2012 09:55 PM

That was amazing! All the emotions came back. Great work jmsalsa!

One thought, when you get the official sound byte of Bob Miller calling the game (whenever that comes out), you may want to replace the one from the radio show. Just a thought.

Chruceg 06-20-2012 09:55 PM

I am a wordy individual. I have often been described as verbose. This is because I find it important to accurately convey what I am thinking and being beholden to the English language this ties me to using as many specific words as possible to accurately convey what I feel.

After watching your first three videos, this one truly surprised me. I fully expected you to increase the intensity as the emotions increased through the playoffs ... but you took it in the opposite direction.

I find myself searching for the words that can illuminate what swirls inside me ...

"amazing" is inadequate
"touching" is distant
"astounding" is lacking
"wonderful" debases the subject matter
"tremendous" paints a picture stunningly derelict compared to what you've done
"heartfelt" ... is ... surprisingly close

I feel a care and attention in these videos that I can relate to. The words "thank you" fall so shockingly short it seems nonsensical to even say them.

All I can say is that when people ask me to describe the playoff performance of the 2012 LA Kings I can point them to your videos ...

... and then deeply hope that they understand the emotions we all feel.

Stupid Sexy Flanders 06-20-2012 10:31 PM

jmsalsa: You. Are. The. Man.

(although I have to admit, I was hoping it would end with "Look at this ****in' team right here!")

Butch 19 06-20-2012 10:47 PM

I love you jmsalsa!! (no, really I do)

I liked the puck off the post with the clanging sound effect... overall a very excellent production.

CTKingsFan 06-20-2012 11:23 PM

You really did a wonderful job on these videos! Other the championship dvd. This video is what I looking forward to the most!

Lead Role in a Cage 06-21-2012 12:48 AM

Goosebumps. Beautiful.

Great work.

RyWill09 06-21-2012 01:00 AM

Awesome videos! Truly inspiring.

DaAnimal 06-21-2012 01:31 AM

hey bro

awesome job on the video. Really enjoyed it :):yo:

Edit: I also wanted to note that if you could send this video to the kings organization, they would love it.

kingsboy11 06-21-2012 02:30 AM

Bob's call right at the end and the countdown really got me. Watch all the videos in increasing order. It is just flat out awesome. Really Well done. Lets do it all again next year. :yo:

LadyKing17 06-21-2012 03:11 AM

I am literally in tears. I think this is the first playoff montage I've seen that truly captures the emotions of the thing. Most just end with a few brief snapshots of cup hoisting and the team photo with some sort of celebratory music, but your choice of music, the way it built up, and the voice overs made it much, much better. I could feel the emotions at the end of this one and for that I thank you. I've been waiting to see a video that really makes me feel the way I did in the moment and I should have known it would come from you. :)

Muzzfan 06-21-2012 07:34 AM

Man, I am impressed and wow'ed. Thanks for making my day, bro.

AKAY47 06-21-2012 08:44 AM

Absolutely amazing, tears were flowing again. I can't believe it's been a week and a half since we won the cup, where has the time gone!!!

Telos 06-21-2012 10:06 AM

Hell yes! Stanley Cup Champions 2012! Hopefully the first of many in the coming years! GO KINGS!

Shellz 06-21-2012 11:10 AM

Beautiful. It's still surreal to me. GO KINGS!!

jmsalsa 06-21-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chruceg (Post 51164865)
I am a wordy individual. I have often been described as verbose. This is because I find it important to accurately convey what I am thinking and being beholden to the English language this ties me to using as many specific words as possible to accurately convey what I feel.

After watching your first three videos, this one truly surprised me. I fully expected you to increase the intensity as the emotions increased through the playoffs ... but you took it in the opposite direction.

I find myself searching for the words that can illuminate what swirls inside me ...

"amazing" is inadequate
"touching" is distant
"astounding" is lacking
"wonderful" debases the subject matter
"tremendous" paints a picture stunningly derelict compared to what you've done
"heartfelt" ... is ... surprisingly close

I feel a care and attention in these videos that I can relate to. The words "thank you" fall so shockingly short it seems nonsensical to even say them.

All I can say is that when people ask me to describe the playoff performance of the 2012 LA Kings I can point them to your videos ...

... and then deeply hope that they understand the emotions we all feel.

thank you so much for this. (and all the comments from everyone else). it really makes all the hours of sleep i lost making all the vids worth it.