HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   36th Annual Flyers Wives Carnival: Wells Fargo Center on Sunday, March 3 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1212743)

shipwreck 06-21-2012 12:26 PM

36th Annual Flyers Wives Carnival: Wells Fargo Center on Sunday, March 3

Now that the season is officially out - While the next carnival hasn't been announced, I can infer that it will likely be February 10, 2013.

The Flyers front office guy who called me yesterday (asking me what I thought of the game I went to, the day before the last Carnival) told me that they always try to set it the day after a Saturday home game.

With that in mind, it looks like the 10th would be the day.

I don't think any date has been officially announced yet, though. Anyone know anything for sure?

--------------------------------

Mod edit:

http://www.flyerscarnival.com/about/

Quote:

ABOUT THE CARNIVAL:
The Flyers Wives Carnival is one of the oldest and most successful one-day charity events hosted by a professional sports franchise, raising more than $25 million for Philadelphia-area charities.

The Flyers Wives Fight for Lives Carnival is a genuine family affair that involves the participation of the Flyers’ players, management,staff, alumni and their families. The first Carnival was held February 1, 1977. Later that year, one of the Flyers’ own, Barry Ashbee, died of leukemia. With his death came a truly heartfelt focus to the Flyers Wives Carnival. The monies raise through the Flyers Wives Carnival fund a number of charities, including the original charity of decades ago, the Barry Ashbee Research Laboratories at Hahnemann University Hospital.

pughater 06-21-2012 09:35 PM

i dont think anything has been set in stone esp with the season in limbo. and the ladies running the show. Mrs. Pronger and Mrs. Coburn im sure have their hands full right now. Mr. Pronger not being well. And the Coburns being new parents. Im sure the carnival date is exactly the first thing on their mind. Im sure they have a rough idea on what they want to do and how they want to do it . we will just have to wait and see my best answer .

pughater 08-05-2012 09:00 PM

pretty dumb question maybe someone can answer or take their best shot. if there is a shorten season or no season do they still have the carnival? does anyone remember when the nhl last striked if they had it?

shipwreck 08-06-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pughater (Post 53308175)
pretty dumb question maybe someone can answer or take their best shot. if there is a shorten season or no season do they still have the carnival? does anyone remember when the nhl last striked if they had it?

I wondered the same thing back when I started this thread - but there really was't any follow up so I never bothered to ask that too.

Nothing official has still be sent - guess we'll just have to wait and see...

pughater 01-06-2013 09:19 PM

now the season is back on, anyone think the carnival will be a go?

shipwreck 01-06-2013 10:32 PM

I was just thinking about this earlier. I won't be going this year if they do have it, though. But, right now, it's probably too soon to say...

GKJ 01-06-2013 10:34 PM

If you're going off the old schedule, throw it out. It doesn't exist anymore.

STH's haven't gotten anything via email. At least I haven't.

Tanner Glass 01-06-2013 11:33 PM

Rangers fan browsing. Would someone be so nice as to tell me more about this carnival...

SeanCWombBroom 01-06-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti (Post 57223915)
Rangers fan browsing. Would someone be so nice as to tell me more about this carnival...

Charity carnival put together by the player's wives (and a ton of other people). Show up to the stadium. Games. Giveaways. Meet the players. Get autographs and pictures.

Raises money for charity.

Tanner Glass 01-06-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener (Post 57224097)
Charity carnival put together by the player's wives (and a ton of other people). Show up to the stadium. Games. Giveaways. Meet the players. Get autographs and pictures.

Raises money for charity.

Wow... Our events suck

RussianRocket10 01-07-2013 12:05 AM

I'm not sure if they will have it this year unless the wives were still making the plans during the lockout. It's always in February it seems like and one month doesn't seem like enough time to put it together.

shipwreck 01-07-2013 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 (Post 57224773)
I'm not sure if they will have it this year unless the wives were still making the plans during the lockout. It's always in February it seems like and one month doesn't seem like enough time to put it together.

That's what I Was thinking. Takes time to do it. And, they need an afternoon game the day before to do it. They MAY still have it, but probably not in Feb. We'll see

MiamiScreamingEagles 01-12-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

As part of the 2012-13 schedule, the 36th Annual Flyers Wives Carnival will take place at the Wells Fargo Center on Sunday, March 3. Times and ticket information will be released at a later date.
http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|PHI|home

shipwreck 01-13-2013 07:03 PM

Now I am actually contemplating going - go figure... :naughty:

pughater 01-13-2013 09:36 PM

will be fun i cant wait

pughater 01-13-2013 09:42 PM

i wonder who this year will be presales other than goalies. i couldnt see leighton selling out. or i could be wrong lol

shipwreck 01-13-2013 09:57 PM

I wanna get Lavi to sign this: :D

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g3...Stuff/jam1.jpg

pughater 01-13-2013 10:01 PM

ship didnt you forget your camera last year?

shipwreck 01-13-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pughater (Post 57560291)
ship didnt you forget your camera last year?

Yes I did. I will know tomorrow if I can get a day off to go to it. And yea, I will not be forgetting my camera this time :laugh:

Wife has enough airline miles that the airline ticket would be free. Would only have to pay for the hotel.

slitz 01-14-2013 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pughater (Post 57559389)
i wonder who this year will be presales other than goalies. i couldnt see leighton selling out. or i could be wrong lol

figure probably bryz, giroux, briere, hartnell, timonen, maybe one of couturier or schenn

shipwreck 01-14-2013 06:12 AM

Last year, I heard several times that Simmonds had way more people than they expected. So, they may presell his tickets too

shipwreck 01-14-2013 12:32 PM

Well, I will be going for sure this time :)

Hollywood Couturier 01-14-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shipwreck (Post 57579533)
Well, I will be going for sure this time :)

Glad to hear. I'm still on the fence whether I want to go but it may be my last chance to get Kimmo to sign the WC ticket.

RespectTheCouts 01-14-2013 03:05 PM

I'm stoked that this is going on this year, I will be attending as well as my girl

pughater 01-14-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier (Post 57579959)
Glad to hear. I'm still on the fence whether I want to go but it may be my last chance to get Kimmo to sign the WC ticket.

im sure kimmo will be doing signings here and there