HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   The Nash Thread III (all things Nash here) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1212841)

Samkow 06-21-2012 02:43 PM

The Nash Thread III (all things Nash here)

n/t.

thrillermiller89 06-21-2012 02:48 PM

so there's a press conference....

you guys think it's to announce a nash trade?

Samkow 06-21-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrillermiller89 (Post 51195641)

Nope.

HoldFast13 06-21-2012 02:49 PM

With Bobby Ryan supposedly in talks....I'm going with No.

Skraut 06-21-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

There is no press conference.

The Blue Jackets PR guy tweeted a few minutes ago the difference between a "Press Conference" where deals are announced, and "Media Availability" Where the press can ask him a bunch of questions that he'll have no comment to.

Samkow 06-21-2012 02:51 PM

Still, it wouldn't be totally shocking if Howson was asking Resnik for Nash's approval on a trade as we speak.

The press conference has nothing to do with that though.

leesmith 06-21-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 51195805)
Still, it wouldn't be totally shocking if Howson was asking Resnik for Nash's approval on a trade as we speak.

The press conference has nothing to do with that though.

You mean the "media availability"? :sarcasm:

99 CBJ 06-21-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

No, it is to announce he is staying, giving back the C, and is going to become the 4th line enforcer on this team to take out his frustrations on others. :)

HoldFast13 06-21-2012 03:01 PM

Of course! Its just Howson announcing his retirement.

GhostofBoomer 06-21-2012 03:03 PM

The next 48 hours for CBJ fans:

CapnCornelius 06-21-2012 03:14 PM

My bet regarding the "media availability"--Howson throws Nash under the bus a second time, this time crying about how Rick won't waive his no trade clause.

Seems about right given Howson's lack of understanding of the concept of leverage.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe 06-21-2012 03:18 PM

I think the media availability is going to result in a lot of non-answers about potential Nash trades ("We're looking for the best deal") and tomorrow's draft ("We're going to look at all our options.").

Wash, rinse, repeat

leesmith 06-21-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe (Post 51197113)
I think the media availability is going to result in a lot of non-answers about potential Nash trades ("We're looking for the best deal") and tomorrow's draft ("We're going to look at all our options.").

Wash, rinse, repeat

you forgot "always looking for ways to improve the team" :laugh:

CapnCornelius 06-21-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leesmith (Post 51197275)
you forgot "always looking for ways to improve the team" :laugh:

"Let me start off by saying that I'm not going to answer any questions about any specifics we've discussed with regards to any trades."

Fast forward two questions in:

Media Member A: Any truth to the rumors that Player X has been discussed in connection with a potential trade of Rick Nash?

Scott Howson: I've already stated that I will not comment on any specifics.

Media Member B: What about rumors of Player Y being traded to the Jackets?

Scott Howson: Again, Media Member B, I've already stated...

I think I've seen this once or twice.

Top 6 Spaling 06-21-2012 03:28 PM

Just curious, do you guys think a deal around Nash + 2nd overall for 1st overall +++ is a possibility. You get Yak, they get Murray, everyone is happy at the draft. Just depends on what else Edmonton adds I guess.

Samkow 06-21-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling (Post 51197613)
Just curious, do you guys think a deal around Nash + 2nd overall for 1st overall +++ is a possibility. You get Yak, they get Murray, everyone is happy at the draft. Just depends on what else Edmonton adds I guess.

That ++++ would have to be huge.

Besides, Nash ain't going to waive his no trade clause to go to Edmonton.

Top 6 Spaling 06-21-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 51197667)
That ++++ would have to be huge.

Besides, Nash ain't going to waive his no trade clause to go to Edmonton.

Obviously it would be alot. What are some ideas. Any way that Eberle/Hall/Nuge aren't involved, because I doubt Edmonton moves Yak and one of them. Hemsky+Klefbom+2nd or something?

As for the NTC, I agree its a stretch, but with the Oilers young core, they'll be good soon.

Roadman 06-21-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Nope.

First don't think Nash would waive to go to EDM.

Second in all the threads I've read that has anything to do with the first overall the EDM posters are absolutely opposed to giving up anything approaching any kind of value.

Their magic beans are even too good to be traded for anything the CBJ might offer.

leesmith 06-21-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling (Post 51197783)
Obviously it would be alot. What are some ideas. Any way that Eberle/Hall/Nuge aren't involved, because I doubt Edmonton moves Yak and one of them. Hemsky+Klefbom+2nd or something?

As for the NTC, I agree its a stretch, but with the Oilers young core, they'll be good soon.

Problem is, Nash has heard that promise one too many times here in Columbus.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe 06-21-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Nyet.

EspenK 06-21-2012 03:35 PM

Okay, I am confused. According to Porty, Nash has to approve the trade even if its to a team on his list. WTF? If he requested the trade and gave a list of teams he'd waive for why in God's name does he get a second go at it.I mean c'mon. i understand if a non-list team makes a great offer but this I don't get.

CapnCornelius 06-21-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EspenK (Post 51197963)
Okay, I am confused. According to Porty, Nash has to approve the trade even if its to a team on his list. WTF? If he requested the trade and gave a list of teams he'd waive for why in God's name does he get a second go at it.I mean c'mon. i understand if a non-list team makes a great offer but this I don't get.

Pretty sure it is a CBA formality. He has to consent at the time of the trade. Concern is that if 10 minutes earlier they traded their whole team, it wouldn't be fair to hold him to the dated list from months ago.

EspenK 06-21-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapnCornelius (Post 51198229)
Pretty sure it is a CBA formality. He has to consent at the time of the trade. Concern is that if 10 minutes earlier they traded their whole team, it wouldn't be fair to hold him to the dated list from months ago.

Thanks. On the other hand if the whole team had been traded, he'd probably stay.:sarcasm:

Samkow 06-21-2012 03:54 PM

So, this media availability thing going to be shown on the web?

RDriesenUD 06-21-2012 04:06 PM

https://twitter.com/Russostrib

Quote:

#Cbj‬ GM Scott Howson says he's no closer to a Rick Nash trade than he was at the trade deadline