HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Grit Hockey tower.. 33" or 36"?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1213363)

Eesh 06-21-2012 11:57 PM

Grit Hockey tower.. 33" or 36"??

Hey guys.. I'm looking at getting a Grit Hockey tower... I'm not sure if I should get a 33" or 36 inch model. I don't use shoulder pads anymore. But for those of you that have them I'd like to know your thoughts

nickerjones 06-22-2012 12:14 AM

just get the 36" both of them are big and bulky. Be prepared to get chirped wherever you go.. I am an adult beer league player. I get chirped by my team and other guys at tourneys.. Oh well , I have a horrible back and don't care what people think. Less stress on my back means less hockey missed. I really like my bag other than it being so big and bulky.

Wilch 06-22-2012 12:58 AM

I've never been chirped for having a grit tower in the 6 months I've had it for.

I do travel around quite a lot, so it's quite handy.

ChiTownHawks 06-22-2012 08:16 AM

I would make fun of a teammate for it, but I look for any excuse to make fun of my teammates. :) I would never make a comment to guy on another team I don't know about it though.

Brunomics 06-22-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTownHawks (Post 51233759)
I would make fun of a teammate for it, but I look for any excuse to make fun of my teammates. :) I would never make a comment to guy on another team I don't know about it though.

One of my teammates has one and I make sure to get in a comment or two every time we have a game. But I pretty much do that for any of my mates that have a wheeled bag. Be a man and carry your stuff.:yo:

Jarick 06-22-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brunomics (Post 51235971)
Be a man and carry your stuff.:yo:

...on your back with two straps :handclap:

michaelshu 06-22-2012 10:06 AM

Those are awesome bags... the price is not friendly though.

Jarick 06-22-2012 10:27 AM

I'd love to have something like a Grit hockey tower in a backpack form. I wouldn't mind a bigger backpack that had shelves in it. Or even just a bigger backpack.

jsykes 06-22-2012 11:54 AM

For an adult, you want the 36".

While I use a carry bag, a locker room full of beer leaguers with Grits is nice. They stand up and make a lot more space in the locker room.

sabresEH 06-23-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarick (Post 51239399)
I'd love to have something like a Grit hockey tower in a backpack form. I wouldn't mind a bigger backpack that had shelves in it. Or even just a bigger backpack.

Grit came out with a carry bag with the compartments. No back pack yet tho.

judge301 06-23-2012 02:38 PM

It really doesn't matter. Just make sure the color matches your hip purse. :laugh: Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

I don't know if I would recommend one of these. Both my kids have these bags. Both bags started coming apart after about 2 years and they are quite pricey.

Guffaw 07-01-2012 07:04 AM

36" all day. I'm 6'2" and my stuff just fits.

Pros: Compartments and easier on the back bc you aren't bending over.

Cons: Expensive, heavy, and bulky.

Overall I like the bag.

Chirped? Can't say I've ever been which sucks bc I welcome that sort of thing. Always went my own way and find it amusing when people can't handle it. They usually regret saying something by conversations end:)