HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Edmonton - Pittsburgh (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1213455)

Unagi 06-22-2012 06:09 AM

Edmonton - Pittsburgh

Scenario: EDM takes Yakupov No.1 OV

:edmonton
- Paul Martin (Cap Hit: 5 mil until 2015/2016)
- PIT's 2012 2nd rounder (52nd OV)

:pens
- Ales Hemsky (Cap Hit: 5 mil until 2014/2015)

Reasoning:
Edmonton gets a Veteran D man to help out their defense, who gets off their books when Yakupov's ELC ends. Hemsky's place will be taken over by Yakupov.

PIT moves a D man, as Sero wants, and adds a Winger to improve scoring. Pens can now play Malkin/Neal and Crosby/Hemsky on their Top 6. Hemsky gets off their books once Malkin gets UFA.

UPDATED.

Value Good or Bad? Does it address the Teams' needs? Flame Away! :handclap:

Left Circle OneTimer 06-22-2012 06:13 AM

Meh don't think any team wants hemsky

HabsGER 06-22-2012 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Left Circle OneTimer (Post 51231223)
Meh don't think any team wants hemsky

Same for Martin on his current contract.

Captain Hook 06-22-2012 06:17 AM

It's not bad from a Pens POV. I don't like including our 1st but we get the early 2 so it's not a total loss and I'd rather have 5 million in another forward than D-Man given our organizational depth. I don't think Martin will waive his NTC for Edmonton though and I think they'll be a different way to move him along without packaging our 1st but we'll see.

SIDGENO8771 06-22-2012 06:37 AM

We arent giving up a 1st + for an equally bad contract, maybe worse becuase Hemsky never plays.

wej20 06-22-2012 06:37 AM

It's not terrible but do Edmonton really want to move Hemsky? How about Martin + 2nd for Edmonton's 2nd.

mwalluk 06-22-2012 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wej20 (Post 51231533)
It's not terrible but do Edmonton really want to move Hemsky? How about Martin + 2nd for Edmonton's 2nd.

Considering the draft is IN Pittsburgh, I guarantee Shero will NOT trade his first unless he's getting another first in return....

TorstenFrings 06-22-2012 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwalluk (Post 51231843)
Considering the draft is IN Pittsburgh, I guarantee Shero will NOT trade his first unless he's getting another first in return....

I would not be that adamant about it, if he could present an exciting deal to the crowd instead. I however agree that he is not ever doing it for Hemsky, even if the draft was in Podunksville, Montana.

Brian28 06-22-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwalluk (Post 51231843)

While Pits moves their 1st and Martin out in the same deal they also don't lose any other valuable assets. They could still turn Staal into a high 1st for the draft or work a package of lesser assets into another 1st. Or take out Pits 1st and replace with next years 2nd and lower Edmonton's pick accordingly.

Ugene Malkin 06-22-2012 07:31 AM

Shero isn't trying to dump salary so it makes it for pieces of NHL rosters coming back.

I'd do a deal around Martin for Hemsky, but the 1st is a non starter.

Martin, 2nd 2012 for Hemsky.

These two players value are not that far off each other. There's reward with risk in both.

Unagi 06-22-2012 07:38 AM

Updated the OP.

Morozov 06-22-2012 07:41 AM

I don't get the constant "Shero won't trade the 1st with the draft in Pittsburgh", if the right deal came along that involved Shero giving up the 1st rounder then he will do it. Making the best move for the team is far more important than having fans get a little extra excited because the Pens are drafting in the first round.

Hell if anything if they announced a trade at the draft then the fans in attendance would probably find it more exciting finding out what the deal was than finding out who the Pens are drafting.

Eskimo44 06-22-2012 07:49 AM

I'd much rather have Hemsky.

TorstenFrings 06-22-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morozov (Post 51232711)
I don't get the constant "Shero won't trade the 1st with the draft in Pittsburgh", if the right deal came along that involved Shero giving up the 1st rounder then he will do it. Making the best move for the team is far more important than having fans get a little extra excited because the Pens are drafting in the first round.

Hell if anything if they announced a trade at the draft then the fans in attendance would probably find it more exciting finding out what the deal was than finding out who the Pens are drafting.

I am with you on it not mattering in a good deal. Here we are talking about Ales Hemsky though.