HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   National Hockey League Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Bold Statement by Calgary GM on Jankowski (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1214435)

illpucks 06-22-2012 11:03 PM

Bold Statement by Calgary GM on Jankowski

On TSN he said something like

"In 10 years when they look back on the 2012 draft, Jankowski will be seen as the best player"

Thoughts?

Personally, I think its great that someone is bold enough to pick against the grain.

SmellOfVictory 06-22-2012 11:04 PM

I'm personally not a fan of the pick currently, but I hope Feaster ends up being right.

SLAPSHOT723 06-22-2012 11:05 PM

Sounds like something Craig Button would say.

LukeD 06-22-2012 11:06 PM

Feaster also guaranteed a playoff spot last season :shakehead

That said, this has the potential of being a big move, only time will tell.

Henrik To Daniel 06-22-2012 11:07 PM

I'm sure 10 years from now someone will dig a clip of Feaster saying that and make a thread on this website containing that clip and everyone will be laughing.

VeteranNetPresence 06-22-2012 11:07 PM

not the first time feaster has made a bold statement and came out looking like an idiot and it certainly won't be the last knowing his big mouth

RogerRoeper* 06-22-2012 11:08 PM

What a stupid comment.

Noori 06-22-2012 11:09 PM

I actually like the pick, but I wish Feaster would stay quiet. The only knock on Jankowski is that he plays in a crappier league.

JWK 06-22-2012 11:11 PM

Nice job putting all that pressure on him Feaster.

Ashasx 06-22-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWK (Post 51347347)
Nice job putting all that pressure on him Feaster.

Or confidence, but I guess people will spin this comment in the direction that fills their agenda.

Shinsuke Nakamura 06-22-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashasx (Post 51347517)
Or confidence, but I guess people will spin this comment in the direction that fills their agenda.

Huge Flames homer strikes again.

Feaster's an idiot for taking this kid this high. He could've had him in the 2nd round in all likelihood, and used the 1st to select someone that would be NHL ready in half the time or less, but leave it to Calgary to screw up another 1st round pick. Outside of Bartschi, when was the last time that team did anything right with its 1st round pick?

JurassicTunga 06-22-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyutinMyOwnHorn (Post 51347753)
Huge Flames homer strikes again.

Feaster's an idiot for taking this kid this high. He could've had him in the 2nd round in all likelihood, and used the 1st to select someone that would be NHL ready in half the time or less, but leave it to Calgary to screw up another 1st round pick. Outside of Bartschi, when was the last time that team did anything right with its 1st round pick?

Weisbrod said there were teams ready to pick him in the first round

IHaveNoCreativity 06-22-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeD (Post 51346811)
Feaster also guaranteed a playoff spot last season :shakehead

That said, this has the potential of being a big move, only time will tell.

I pitty Flames fans, truly I do... They've put up with so much crap.

Tad McMikowsky 06-22-2012 11:19 PM

I feel bad for Flames fans, and I guess Jankowski too.

Jay Feaster is not doing a very good job in Calgary. Just spinning the tires in the mud.

Trance Kuja 06-22-2012 11:20 PM

It's hard to feel bad for the Flames. I feel for their fans, though.

Langdon Alger* 06-22-2012 11:20 PM

Like I said on the prospects board, it's amazing how quickly a player who was considered to be an intriguing prospect with good skills and a very good chance of being a steal can turn into a worthless piece of crap with no chance of playing in the NHL the instant he's drafted by the Calgary Flames.

TheHudlinator 06-22-2012 11:23 PM

People hate Feaster because he isn't a hockey guy and then people hate Feaster when he listens to his scouts who are hockey guys he can't win. Did you see Jankowski light up when Feaster said that the kid was pumped Feaster wasn't putting pressure on the kid but on himself.

Puckgenius* 06-22-2012 11:23 PM

Feaster is a beyond horrible gm, i think he spent too much time at the desert bar tonight. Drafts down so he can choose jankoski over Teuvo? Really?!:laugh:

TheHudlinator 06-22-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky (Post 51348021)
I feel bad for Flames fans, and I guess Jankowski too.

Jay Feaster is not doing a very good job in Calgary. Just spinning the tires in the mud.

Yea that Sven kid was a bust too wait a minute what?

Qrispy 06-22-2012 11:27 PM

He's aspiring to become the Brian Burke of the west methinks.

Tad McMikowsky 06-22-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGleninator (Post 51348337)
Yea that Sven kid was a bust too wait a minute what?

I said he hasn't done a very good job. for a guy who is so adamant about not rebuilding, where have the Flames gone?

Cool, you guys have Sven. I never said he was a bust either. So I'm not sure where you got that from, but good for you.

oilersfan11 06-22-2012 11:31 PM

Jay Feaster is a jackass.

There are so many players that will be better than Jankowski.

LegnaRouy 06-22-2012 11:32 PM

Here's the thing. It's not that anyone thinks Jankowski is going to be a crappy player. It's that people think the Flames wasted a 1st rounder on him. I'm sure he could of been picked up in the 2nd round.

Put it this way. In 2004 the Colorado Avalanche had the 21st pick. Which they used on Wojtek Wolski. They later used their 2nd round pick 55th overall on Victor Oreskovich.

Imagine the Avs wasting that 1st round on Oreskovich( again, not a crappy player, just a player that could be had in the 2nd round) and skipping out on Wolski? That's the blunder with the Flames. Sure Jankowski has the potential to be a great player....but man.....He's going to have to be better than Girgenson( Buffalo's 14th overall ) career wise in order for this not to be a draft blunder.

Hopefully he and the Flames prove me wrong though, because the Battle of Alberta hasn't been the same lately, mostly because of us and our last place finishes. :shakehead

Langdon Alger* 06-22-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegnaRouy (Post 51349019)
Here's the thing. It's not that anyone thinks Jankowski is going to be a crappy player. It's that people think the Flames wasted a 1st rounder on him. I'm sure he could of been picked up in the 2nd round.

Not if you believe the Flames' assistant GM, who said that two other teams wanted Jankowski in the first round. If that's the case, the Flames either had to pick him at 21 or not at all.

Puckgenius* 06-22-2012 11:41 PM

I bet you jakowski doesnt even make the NHL.

Jay stop giving out your 2nd round picks like candy, then you wont be so desperate to get it back at the draft. And the guy always runs his mouth and makes himself look like an idiot.