HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Prospect Info: 2012 Draft | #82 | Ottawa selects LW Jarrod Maidens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1214629)

SixthSens 06-23-2012 09:06 AM

2012 Draft | #82 | Ottawa selects LW Jarrod Maidens
 
Ottawa selects LW Jarrod Maidens from Owen Sound of the OHL.

12G, 11A in 28 games played.

Marvelous Manked 06-23-2012 09:45 AM

Absolutely thrilled.

Love this kid to death

mianjo 06-23-2012 09:45 AM

Jarrod maidens


http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/roster/show/id/6780

JonnyMacSen 06-23-2012 09:46 AM

>pumped<

Sens Mile 06-23-2012 09:46 AM

Not good to here the concussion news on this guy. Worries me already

metalfoot 06-23-2012 09:46 AM

Have to ask my cousins in OS what they think of him.

Terrence 06-23-2012 09:46 AM

Great pick. Jelly.

starling 06-23-2012 09:47 AM

Jarrod Maidens.
Remember him scoring OHL final GWG in OT of game 7 one year ago.

Tyskie 06-23-2012 09:47 AM

I like what Mackenzie was saying about him.

Edit: Minus the concussion issues of course.

Marvelous Manked 06-23-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sens Mile (Post 51370477)
Not good to here the concussion news on this guy. Worries me already

Listen to me when I say this guy would 100%, 100% be an early 2nd Round Pick if he wasn't injured.

sexytime 06-23-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyskie (Post 51370611)
I like what Mackenzie was saying about him.

Edit: Minus the concussion issues of course.

What he say?

Sens Mile 06-23-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyManked (Post 51370675)
Listen to me when I say this guy would 100%, 100% be an early 2nd Round Pick if he wasn't injured.

Its the if issue with me, and still not being cleared of a concussion symptoms seven months later is straight up scary

JonnyMacSen 06-23-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyManked (Post 51370675)
Listen to me when I say this guy would 100%, 100% be an early 2nd Round Pick if he wasn't injured.

Agreed, I'm a big fan, this could be our "Prince" pick of this years draft.

Pilgore88 06-23-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sens Mile (Post 51370945)
Its the if issue with me, and still not being cleared of a concussion symptoms seven months later is straight up scary

We have the depth to gamble, if it works out, we come out like bandits.

Marvelous Manked 06-23-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sens Mile (Post 51370945)
Its the if issue with me, and still not being cleared of a concussion symptoms seven months later is straight up scary

Why would we pick a safe forward? That's just stupid.

If you pick a forward, go high risk high reward.

Nabokov20 06-23-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sens Mile (Post 51370477)
Not good to here the concussion news on this guy. Worries me already

With the prospects we've already got, he's worth the risk, imo. Go big or go home!

Lazarrr 06-23-2012 09:52 AM

He was a first rounder at the start of the year, could be another Mark Stone!

metalfoot 06-23-2012 09:55 AM

Now Sens can have their drs look at him.

carsonscave 06-23-2012 09:55 AM

I am sure the Sens will step in and help out with his recovery and development from here on. I wouldn't write off a young player because of an injury. Often times the injuries remain issues because they are not properly dealt with.

N Bahn Ahden 06-23-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carsonscave (Post 51371847)
I am sure the Sens will step in and help out with his recovery and development from here on. I wouldn't write off a young player because of an injury. Often times the injuries remain issues because they are not properly dealt with.

It's a concussion and he hasn't played since. There isn't much a medical staff can do for that. It's a waiting game.

carsonscave 06-23-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N Bahn Ahden (Post 51372041)
It's a concussion and he hasn't played since. There isn't much a medical staff can do for that. It's a waiting game.

I don't agree.

Ghost in the Shell 06-23-2012 10:06 AM

Good pick.

sens2k9 06-23-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N Bahn Ahden (Post 51372041)
It's a concussion and he hasn't played since. There isn't much a medical staff can do for that. It's a waiting game.

Junior kids don't have access to the same specialists an NHL team can afford.

Look at crosby's concussion, turns out to be soft tissue in his neck, not a concussion.

Hell, if you recall Antoine Vermette's career may not have even begun if he hadn't seen the right specialist, he just had pinched nerves!

N Bahn Ahden 06-23-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sens2k9 (Post 51374203)
Junior kids don't have access to the same specialists an NHL team can afford.

Look at crosby's concussion, turns out to be soft tissue in his neck, not a concussion.

Hell, if you recall Antoine Vermette's career may not have even begun if he hadn't seen the right specialist, he just had pinched nerves!

I'm making the assumption that, given the severity, Maidens, his family, Owen Sound, they've pursued this issue.

Fenix Rises 2026 06-23-2012 10:30 AM

Anybody got any sort of scouting report on this kid?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.