HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Tampa Bay Lightning (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: [TB/BOS] Benoit Pouliot for Ouellet and a 5th (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1214787)

stammerhammer91 06-23-2012 09:36 AM

[TB/BOS] Benoit Pouliot for Ouellet and a 5th

RenlavoieRDS just tweeted that we got benoit pouliot from boston. I think that could be a solid pick up. Boucher should be able to work wonders with him

Bish Please 06-23-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Benoit Pouliot really happy to be traded to Tampa. Lightning think they could do with Ben what they did with Teddy Purcell.

https://twitter.com/#!/RenLavoieRDS
Anytime you can add a young player who can chip in around 15 goals for just a 5th you gotta do it.

He also had a Stamkosian 5 game winning goals out of 16 total.

HeavyHammer 06-23-2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stammerhammer91 (Post 51368619)
RenlavoieRDS just tweeted that we got benoit pouliot from boston. I think that could be a solid pick up. Boucher should be able to work wonders with him

Good, we needed 3rd line scoring.

BoltSTH 06-23-2012 10:08 AM

He was 4th overall. After 257 NHL is considered a bust?

Seems Wild, Habs and Bruins gave up on him

TheDaysOf 04 06-23-2012 10:13 AM

https://twitter.com/erlendssontrib
Quote:

#tblightning‬ now confirm Pouliot trade for Ouellet and a 5th; Pouliot a pending UFA

Bish Please 06-23-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 (Post 51374799)

Capgeek and BP say RFA.

Doctor Drej 06-23-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoltSTH (Post 51373889)

He was decent for the B's last year. He's not a player who's going to hit everything that moves (or at all) but he's got some offense to his game; something we sorely lacked on the 3rd line last year.

I like this.

nhljohnson 06-23-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoltSTH (Post 51373889)

He's a legit NHLer, so is he a bust? Only in the sense that he wouldn't have been drafted 4th if it was known then he'd top out as a depth FW. Not sure the Bruins gave up on him. They used him, from the get-go, on the bottom lines. Think it's just a matter of his being due for a raise and having plenty of options to replace him with.

Still All In 06-23-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhljohnson (Post 51376293)
He's a legit NHLer, so is he a bust? Only in the sense that he wouldn't have been drafted 4th if it was known then he'd top out as a depth FW. Not sure the Bruins gave up on him. They used him, from the get-go, on the bottom lines. Think it's just a matter of his being due for a raise and having plenty of options to replace him with.

Based on what they thought he would be? Sure.

Boston took him for what he was... a depth forward with good hands that can actually pot some timely goals. We're doing the same.

BoltSTH 06-23-2012 10:52 AM

is he RFA or UFA?

Capgeek says RFA, but above and Cam Neely on TV said UFA

Bridges31 06-23-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoltSTH (Post 51380867)
is he RFA or UFA?

Capgeek says RFA, but above and Cam Neely on TV said UFA

I think Neely made a mistake. He's a RFA.

For some reason he was always under appreciated by most of us Bruins fans, but hes a great 3rd liner who can chip in 15 goals. Good acquisition by Tampa.

LightningStrikes 06-23-2012 11:17 AM

Sweet! Very happy about this deal. Pouliot was on my wish list (see here). :)

Hockeyfan02 06-23-2012 11:32 AM

Good value, should be a solid player on the bottom lines.

TBLHoser 06-23-2012 11:54 AM

TSN does not have listed amongst their UFA's. He's more likely an RFA which is good - he made $1.1 last year.

HoseEmDown 06-23-2012 12:18 PM

Seems like CC, Killorn, and the rest of the AHLers will be staying there for another year unless they kill it at camp.

Hockeyfan02 06-23-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoseEmDown (Post 51391643)
Seems like CC, Killorn, and the rest of the AHLers will be staying there for another year unless they kill it at camp.

I think this has been the plan all along.

crunchrulz 06-23-2012 02:28 PM

Hey Bolts..Minnesota, Montreal, Boston, or Tampa for the winter..that should be incentive enuff for anyone to perform!

TBLbrian 06-23-2012 02:52 PM

we gave up nothing and got an NHL body that can play 3rd line minutes and put up some points

mashmont 06-23-2012 03:10 PM

I'm going to Miss Pouliot on the B's. He was a decent third liner if you can get him to have some chemistry with his linemates and hell put up a highlight goal or two.

B's Weren't going to resign him anyways, so good luck to you guys with him.

Maybe Stamkos can teach em a thing or two. haha

LightningStrikes 06-24-2012 09:45 AM

bostone737 06-24-2012 10:34 AM

^ he definitely has his moments

I liked him in Boston, but I think the bruins are content with getting something for him. You guys will like him but will get frustrated at times with his dumb penalties and his inability to stay off his but. Seriously, watch out for how much he falls, it will get funny. But he words pretty hard and does have some scoring ability.

Follower of Yzlam 06-24-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bostone737 (Post 51444035)

I liked him in Boston, but I think the bruins are content with getting something for him. You guys will like him but will get frustrated at times with his dumb penalties and his inability to stay off his but. Seriously, watch out for how much he falls, it will get funny. But he words pretty hard and does have some scoring ability.

Awesome... someone for Connolly to learn from...

KnightofBoston 06-24-2012 07:26 PM

The bruins didn't give up on him, he was just poised to make a lot more than they felt he was worth through arbitration and we have some cheaper options coming up not to mention Caron who showed a lot of promise down the stretch last season

I actually really like Pouliot, he showed a lot of improvement under Julien. Just don't expect anything more than ~30 points. His "dumb" penalties are greatly exaggerated by butt hurt b's fans that like to blame the caps series loss on him (even though he was one of the only players that played up to his current ability)

He hustled, he hit, he was relentless on the puck and has a surprisingly long reach that broke up a good amount of plays. So long as you are patient with his so-so hockey sense and lack luster skating ability (although he is pretty fast) he'll be a good addition to your team.

IdealisticSniper 06-24-2012 07:33 PM

Anyone that runs over Caps goalies and scores at the same time is good in my book.

TBLHoser 06-24-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bostone737 (Post 51444035)

I remember when I was a kid and I used to watch another player that kept falling on his butt....and it was funny, I'll admit it. That player?...former Leaf, Flame AND current Hall of Famer - Lanny McDonald.

So any player that always falls on their butts can't be all bad.