HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Habs select Charles Hudon - 122nd overall (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1214827)

PyrettaBlaze* 06-23-2012 10:32 AM

Habs select Charles Hudon - 122nd overall
 
RDS rejoice!

Habs 4 Life 06-23-2012 10:33 AM

Front page tomorrow morning on le Journal de Montreal

JesusBouillon 06-23-2012 10:33 AM

So do I, good pick.

CanadienKid25 06-23-2012 10:34 AM

Love this draft, lots of boom/bust type guys

PS - Happy Birthday !

chaosrevolver 06-23-2012 10:34 AM

Not a bad pick at all in the 5th round.

Habs 4 Life 06-23-2012 10:34 AM

He looked really weak in the defensive zone in that clip RIS showed of him in the last couple of minutes. Poor guy couldn't they have showed him scoring a goal or something

#57 06-23-2012 10:35 AM

Holy hell Timmins is killing it !!!

Watsatheo 06-23-2012 10:35 AM

How does he compare to Archambault?

Team_Spirit 06-23-2012 10:37 AM

He looks a bit like Whalberg.


http://www.allhabs.net/wp-content/up...569_resize.jpg

Et le But 06-23-2012 10:37 AM

Really not a bad pick at all.

We know why he was drafted but was the best option for that role. He's a fine boom/bust prospect, and he has the work ethic to be a good part of the organization.

Plus he's from the Montreal area.

Habs 4 Life 06-23-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Et le But (Post 51378521)
We know why he was drafted but was the best option for that role. He's a fine boom/bust prospect, and he has the work ethic to be a good part of the organization.

Plus he's from the Montreal area.

it's definitely a big +. Drafting french players will always make them push harder in order for them to succeed

Good for him and it's a hell of a Birthday gift for Charles

Team_Spirit 06-23-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watsatheo (Post 51378255)
How does he compare to Archambault?

Archambault is a soft puff, still can warp my head around that pick.... Hudon is hard on the puck.

Jabba11 06-23-2012 10:40 AM

If he cuts his hair, he should be a better player. I saw so much of Giroux in him..to fall to the 5th round when Bussières got picked 2nd round is insane.

HCH 06-23-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watsatheo (Post 51378255)
How does he compare to Archambault?

That was my first thought... stats are better but I would like to see the scouting reports on him.

RoyBoyCoy 06-23-2012 10:41 AM

Our yearly Fortier/Dumont/Archambault pick :laugh:

KBstyle 06-23-2012 10:43 AM

Hudon is always at the right place, he read the play very well.

hototogisu 06-23-2012 10:44 AM

Love it :heart:

Gustave 06-23-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 51378101)
He looked really weak in the defensive zone in that clip RIS showed of him in the last couple of minutes. Poor guy couldn't they have showed him scoring a goal or something

You are both right and wrong:

Yes, the player was soft on coverage.

However, it wasn't our Hudon in the clip. RDS for you.

MTL-rules 06-23-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy (Post 51379151)
Our yearly Fortier/Dumont/Archambault pick :laugh:

Are you comparing Dumont to Archambault ? :help:

Et le But 06-23-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 51378767)
it's definitely a big +. Drafting french players will always make them push harder in order for them to succeed

Good for him and it's a hell of a Birthday gift for Charles

Well, I believe Quebecois always have a place on this team at least for that reason, but personally my loyalty is to Montreal over Quebec so it matters more for me to have local kids as opposed to guys from Quebec City or small towns.

Charles seems like a good kid so I wish him luck.

NotProkofievian 06-23-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBstyle (Post 51379503)
Hudon is always at the right place, he read the play very well.

I hope you're right, as he can really pull the trigger. If he can get the chances he'll be successful.

WeThreeKings 06-23-2012 10:54 AM

Headline tomorrow for the draft..

WELCOME TO MONTREAL HUDON
Minor mention of the rest.. Well Bozon is french

Asamu 06-23-2012 10:55 AM

There will be free Tourtière from St-John Lake in the locker room before every game in 4 years. Hmmm! :sarcasm:

Seriously the Saguenéens were very happy to grab him in the 1st round (6th total) and he's a safe pick for the Habs.

Stanley Cup 06-23-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeThreeKings (Post 51381047)
Headline tomorrow for the draft..

WELCOME TO MONTREAL HUDON
Minor mention of the rest.. Well Bozon is french

Tomorrow is the St-Jean, there's no headline :sarcasm:

habitue* 06-23-2012 10:58 AM

Well, at thatt point of the draft, I would had go with a goalie from the Q. We need goalies, not another smallish frail forward.

If I would have had to choose ONE local born player from the Q this year, it would had been Mallet or Paquette, not Hudon.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.