HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Dan LaCouture With the Hat Trick Vs Monarchs! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=121497)

FLYLine24* 01-01-2005 08:20 PM

Dan LaCouture With the Hat Trick Vs Monarchs!

I HAD to post this......Dan LaCouture is beating the team the Pack are after by himself! :handclap: :handclap:

That a boy Dan!

Providence - Dan LaCouture (Tomas Kurka, Brad Boyes) 12:07
Manchester - Tom Kostopoulos (Brad Smyth, Tim Gleason) 19:32

Period 2
Providence - Dan LaCouture (powerplay) (Brent Thompson, Ben Guite) 3:45
Providence - Dan LaCouture (Brad Boyes, Brendan Walsh) 5:08

3-1 Bruins after 2...maybe he'll get another goal or 2. :)

FLYLine24* 01-01-2005 09:19 PM

I jynxed it. Bruins lost 5-3. :shakehead

BDubinskyNYR17* 01-02-2005 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
I jynxed it. Bruins lost 5-3. :shakehead

Im glad LaCouture found a team to play on. He is a player who gives his all and fights for his teammates, too bad he dont have that much talent but he can help Boston like Donato did for them, another player we should have kept to help our pahtetic pk.

Brooklyn Ranger 01-02-2005 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Im glad LaCouture found a team to play on. He is a player who gives his all and fights for his teammates, too bad he dont have that much talent but he can help Boston like Donato did for them, another player we should have kept to help our pahtetic pk.

Why should we have kept him? There are plenty of prospects who are the same type of player as LaCouture already playing in Hartford.

Son of Steinbrenner 01-02-2005 02:35 AM

Quote:

wasn't lacouture a penalty killer on that pathetic pk?

BDubinskyNYR17* 01-02-2005 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
wasn't lacouture a penalty killer on that pathetic pk?

yea but so was nedved, messier, poti. LaCouture would at least block shots and not be afraid to hit someone.

in the hall 01-02-2005 10:24 AM

Quote:

yea but so was nedved, messier, poti. LaCouture would at least block shots and not be afraid to hit someone.

but that's not all messier and poti were here for

just another jortmeyer special..

Barnaby 01-02-2005 10:36 AM

Wasn't he an overpayed 4th liner who was easily replaceable? I'm not about to cry over a guy like that.

Fletch 01-02-2005 10:40 AM

Lacouture blocked shots

I missed that one.

I can't say a lot of bad about Dan, nor could I say a lot good about him. I wasn't too thrilled with his 'gooning up' activities in a few games. I liked that he played hard, and was a willing player, but he's a dime a dozen. I think at this point Hollweg's close to replacing him, and perhaps with the upside Lacouture never fulfilled.

True Blue 01-02-2005 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
I think at this point Hollweg's close to replacing him, and perhaps with the upside Lacouture never fulfilled.

All depends of what your thought of Lacouture's upside is. I mean, what do you ultimately project him for? I do not think that he has such a high "ceiling" per se. Hollyweg can be the player that Todd Harvey could have been prior to all of the injuries. Or he could be a Harvey clone. A suicidal hitter and agitator, whose body sustains so much abuse that he can neve truly take it to the next level.
Somehow Darcy Tucker has managed to prevent his body from breaking down quite as much as Harvey. Although the concussions that Harvey had hd very much to do with his decline. Which is my fear for Hollyweg.

Taz 01-02-2005 01:21 PM

Dan played really well last year for the Bruins 12 points in 22 games

Fletch 01-02-2005 04:09 PM

Lacouture was drafted..

in the second round..in fact, he was drafted very high by the Isles, so the bexpectations were pretty high...higher than Holweg, I believe.

BDubinskyNYR17* 01-02-2005 04:31 PM

Quote:

in the second round..in fact, he was drafted very high by the Isles, so the bexpectations were pretty high...higher than Holweg, I believe.

Lee Falardeau was also drafted in the second round and everyone around here still wonders why. For LaCouture I doubt they were that high. Islanders dealt LaCouture for Mariusz Czerkawski.

Fletch 01-02-2005 05:41 PM

For many second rounders....

the expectaions are high. I'm sure the Rangers had high expectations for Falardeau. I'm sure they have high expectations for Graham (who was drafted lower than Lacouture). Realization is a different thing. Looking back is a different thing. Lacouture put up decent numbers as a college freshman, had good size and was tough, waranting him a very high second round pick (I think it was inside the top 30). Expectations weren't for an in-and-out third linjer, despite Milbury's lunacy.

And back to TB's point...TB, Harvey was a top ten (or eleven pick). Hollweg's expectations were never close to Harvey's. If Hollweg's result come close to Harvey's, I think we'd all be happy at the pick. Harvey was expected to be a second line scorer, if I remember correctly. I believe he was a 50-goal juniors scorer - and Hollweg's way off that. There's little comparison in regards to expectations.

True Blue 01-02-2005 06:41 PM

Quote:

There's little comparison in regards to expectations.

I actually meant comparisons to the Harvey circa NY Ranger days.

Fletch 01-03-2005 08:18 AM

Remember Harvey...

was a former first rounder (I believe #9) for whom many had pretty high expectations. He was a good scorer in juniors (I beleive he hit 50 goals one season), much better than Hollweg. By the time he came to the Rangers he was still youn (at 23 I believe), and hadn't put together a full season, but had decent stats. I think as a Rangers he scored 10 or 11 goals in less than 40 games. I think we're waiting to see if Hollweg can score than many goals at the AHL level in 70 or so games.