HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Avalanche-Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1215369)

Sens Mile 06-23-2012 04:17 PM

Avalanche-Senators

To Avalanche- Peter Regin

To Senators- Ryan O'Byrne

Ottawa needs another D while Colorado has that slew of defensive prospects. Regin, while facing alot of injuries, has is a potential top six foward with a decent skill set. Both guys are set to be UFA's after the 2013 season.

Flame on

Benny FTW 06-23-2012 04:19 PM

Done.

BrickAHL 06-23-2012 04:21 PM

No way O'Byrne has been really good for us. Plus we don't need anymore average forwards but we do need more defenseman. Even with O'Byrne we still need to add a good defenseman so without him we would need to add 2 top-4 defensemen.

jfisher6 06-23-2012 04:22 PM

We need our D this year too, I doubt O'Byrne gets moved. I'd say no thanks from Avs

Ivan13 06-23-2012 04:24 PM

There's no way Avs trade O'Byrne.

Royal Canuck 06-23-2012 04:27 PM

I think Peter Regin would be more valuable if he played more this season, that injury doesn't help his stock. Ottawa will have to add to make this a done deal.

CobraAcesS 06-23-2012 04:34 PM

Ryan Wilson probably has a better chance of being moved. Our main shutdown pair is Hejda - O'Byrne.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfisher6 (Post 51408679)
We need our D this year too, I doubt O'Byrne gets moved. I'd say no thanks from Avs

We don't need D we need A TOP PAIRING D. We have a log jam of second pairing guys actually with Hejda, O'Byrne, Wilson, Gaunce, Barrie, Elliott all either on the roster or trying to make the roster.

Ivan13 06-23-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum (Post 51409117)
I think Peter Regin would be more valuable if he played more this season, that injury doesn't help his stock. Ottawa will have to add to make this a done deal.

There's no deal to be made here, ROB and Hejda were Colorado's shutdown pairing last year and ROB was a big part of their much improved PK. Regin (who's a center if I'm not mistaken) isn't interesting to Colorado at all, our forwards spots are pretty much set as it is unless we add a game breaking talent (ie Parise, Semin) to that group.

CobraAcesS 06-23-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan13 (Post 51409919)
There's no deal to be made here, ROB and Hejda were Colorado's shutdown pairing last year and ROB was a big part of their much improved PK. Regin (who's a center if I'm not mistaken) isn't interesting to Colorado at all, our forwards spots are pretty much set as it is unless we add a game breaking talent (ie Parise, Semin) to that group.

I would take a top 6 potential wing prospect that is looking to be ready next year to be honest just as easily. But those guys are not given out..

jfisher6 06-23-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CobraAcesS (Post 51409669)
We don't need D we need A TOP PAIRING D. We have a log jam of second pairing guys actually with Hejda, O'Byrne, Wilson, Gaunce, Barrie, Elliott all either on the roster or trying to make the roster.

How many of Wilson, Gaunce, Barrie, and Elliott are good PKers? Wilson might be ok, thats about it. Gaunce will be, but he's a rook. O'Byrne is a valuable shutdown Dman for us this year, sorry if I put it vaguely in my first statement

MAK19 06-23-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan13 (Post 51409919)

Good luck with that shutdown pair. Seriously. If that's your shutdown pair this year and going forward, the playoffs are out of reach for you. Sorry.

BrickAHL 06-23-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19sens11 (Post 51410585)
Good luck with that shutdown pair. Seriously. If that's your shutdown pair this year and going forward, the playoffs are out of reach for you. Sorry.

As a 2nd pairing it's not bad.

jfisher6 06-23-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

What's the point of this comment? He said last year lol

CobraAcesS 06-23-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

You obviously don't know much about those two players then. As a 2nd or 3rd pairing they are exceptional together. As soon as half way through next season they could end up being our third pair depending on how well Gaunce and Elliott/Barrie do.

Ivan13 06-23-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Read much? And FYI they were pretty good in that role, try to watch some Avs games before making outlandish posts.

skip2mybordeleau 06-23-2012 05:27 PM

easy no, i dont see regin making our top 9 if if all our rfa's are signed like i expect them too.

outoftune 06-23-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CobraAcesS (Post 51409669)
Ryan Wilson probably has a better chance of being moved. Our main shutdown pair is Hejda - O'Byrne.

By this logic any team that has drafted dmen more than 3 years ago should trade all their middle/bottom pairing dmen

outoftune 06-23-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

hmmm let me recall for a second ottawa had..... phillips and kuba?????..... or did you mean the western conference playoffs....... and if this is your point why not just shoot down the deal instead of mocking the team (make you feel better?)

danishh 06-23-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Wiggum (Post 51409117)

I agree. I know everyone in ottawa wants to pencil in Spezza-Turris-Smith-Obrien down the middle, but regin is versatile (plays wing as well) and a defensive stud. See what he can do when healthy this season, and if he still doesnt look like part of the future, trade him (UFA) at the deadline.

CobraAcesS 06-23-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outoftune (Post 51414409)
By this logic any team that has drafted dmen more than 3 years ago should trade all their middle/bottom pairing dmen

Uh.. I don't even know what you mean by that.

Wilson is stuck in a log jam between youth and vets. How does that translate to trading all of your middle or bottom pairing D? Especially when you have a TON of middle of bottom pairing guys on the roster or coming up from junior?

Elliott has an outside chance at top pairing (#2) potential and Siemens has potential to be that as well. The rest don't have that kind of upside.

Ive also read that Colorado sees Siemens - Elliott as their second pair of the future.

Still don't get where your comment is coming from..

Lonewolfe2015 06-23-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

2 defensive stalwarts don't make a good shutdown pair? Hold on while I read back over my Hockey for Dummies book and try to figure out the ideal recipe for reaching the playoffs!

O'Byrne has demonstrated some of the finest hockey courage, team play and defensive prowess on our team in quite awhile. He finished a shift after getting cut in the face requiring over 100 stitches. He blocked 4 shots on a 5 on 3 by himself to kill the penalty during our stretch run. And he has never been a detriment on his defensive pairing.

He may not be the most notorious guy around the league for his defensive play, but he is still excellent at what he does. I really hope the Avs don't let him go and lock him up next season to another 2-3 year deal.

MAK19 06-23-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrickAHL (Post 51411001)
As a 2nd pairing it's not bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfisher6 (Post 51411025)
What's the point of this comment? He said last year lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by CobraAcesS (Post 51411443)
You obviously don't know much about those two players then. As a 2nd or 3rd pairing they are exceptional together. As soon as half way through next season they could end up being our third pair depending on how well Gaunce and Elliott/Barrie do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan13 (Post 51411471)
Read much? And FYI they were pretty good in that role, try to watch some Avs games before making outlandish posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by outoftune (Post 51414621)
hmmm let me recall for a second ottawa had..... phillips and kuba?????..... or did you mean the western conference playoffs....... and if this is your point why not just shoot down the deal instead of mocking the team (make you feel better?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 (Post 51416563)
2 defensive stalwarts don't make a good shutdown pair? Hold on while I read back over my Hockey for Dummies book and try to figure out the ideal recipe for reaching the playoffs!

O'Byrne has demonstrated some of the finest hockey courage, team play and defensive prowess on our team in quite awhile. He finished a shift after getting cut in the face requiring over 100 stitches. He blocked 4 shots on a 5 on 3 by himself to kill the penalty during our stretch run. And he has never been a detriment on his defensive pairing.

He may not be the most notorious guy around the league for his defensive play, but he is still excellent at what he does. I really hope the Avs don't let him go and lock him up next season to another 2-3 year deal.

Wow chill guys. The Avs don't make this trade, but I'm just pointing out that O'Byrne is ideally a 3rd pairing guy on good team. Far from a gift from the hockey gods

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 (Post 51416563)

Dude, Hejda-O'Byrne might have been the very worst shutdown pair in the league last year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by outoftune (Post 51414621)

Phillips and Kuba have never played together.

outoftune 06-23-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CobraAcesS (Post 51415057)
Uh.. I don't even know what you mean by that.

Wilson is stuck in a log jam between youth and vets. How does that translate to trading all of your middle or bottom pairing D? Especially when you have a TON of middle of bottom pairing guys on the roster or coming up from junior?

Elliott has an outside chance at top pairing (#2) potential and Siemens has potential to be that as well. The rest don't have that kind of upside.

Ive also read that Colorado sees Siemens - Elliott as their second pair of the future.

Still don't get where your comment is coming from..

you were suggesting we should move a guy for rookies who havn't shown any deserve for a spot on the roster..... EVERY NHL TEAM has guys who are on the edge of the league unless you are forced to you dont move guys to give them spots.... was my point

outoftune 06-23-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19sens11 (Post 51417143)

Ok so your shutdown pairing is worse than that then.... did you have a shutdown pair at all????

Edit: Cowen and Phillips???? (Probably better than Kuba but id still take ROB and Hejda over them.... and yes that is now not anytime from now recall this is the argument you cant make the playoffs without a shutdown pair)

CobraAcesS 06-23-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19sens11 (Post 51417143)
Wow chill guys. The Avs don't make this trade, but I'm just pointing out that O'Byrne is ideally a 3rd pairing guy on good team. Far from a gift from the hockey gods

Dude, Hejda-O'Byrne might have been the very worst shutdown pair in the league last year.

Who the hell are you exactly?

You must be an OTT fan who watches more Avs hockey than Avalanche fans do.

How about you stop pretending that your opinion actually holds any weight when it comes to Avs players?