HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Phoenix - Edmonton (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1215543)

DapperDan 06-23-2012 07:38 PM

Phoenix - Edmonton

To PHX: Sam Gagner

To EDM: Derek Morris + 3rd 2013

Not sure about the value but it makes sense to me. Thoughts?

CSimpson18 06-23-2012 07:43 PM

AAAABsolutely awful for Edmonton. Nothankyou.

Internazionale 06-23-2012 07:48 PM

The only way Gagner goes to Phoenix is if Yandle comes back in return

TorstenFrings 06-23-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Internazionale (Post 51421651)

:sarcasm:

lakai17 06-23-2012 07:51 PM

minus Morris, add Vermette

gra 06-23-2012 08:01 PM

Deal.

thadd 06-23-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Internazionale (Post 51421651)

Pretty much. He's our second line center and considering the fact that Hemsky can't go 30 games without getting hurt, he'll be expected to be helping Yakupov compete to become rookie of the year next year.

Without him who's going to feed him? Horcoff? Belanger? Lander? CVV?

Yandle indeed.

DapperDan 06-23-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thadd (Post 51422575)
Pretty much. He's our second line center and considering the fact that Hemsky can't go 30 games without getting hurt, he'll be expected to be helping Yakupov compete to become rookie of the year next year.

Without him who's going to feed him? Horcoff? Belanger? Lander? CVV?

Yandle indeed.

Out of curiosity, why not Horcoff?

Vikingstad 06-23-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperDan (Post 51422867)
Out of curiosity, why not Horcoff?

Horcoff seems to have bought and committed to gloves of stone. Whiffs on so many chances its unbelievable, doesnt have hands for proper top 6 anymore. 3rd line C he is still good though

BeSeeingYouSeattle 06-23-2012 08:27 PM

lol at Oiler fans saying Yandle for Gagner. :laugh:

A second line player and a top 10 pick was turned down today for Yandle. But yeah, Gagner for Yandle sounds fair. You guys crack me up.

CSimpson18 06-23-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yotes Persevere (Post 51423529)

A second line player and a top 10 pick was turned down today for Yandle. But yeah, Gagner for Yandle sounds fair. You guys crack me up.

Lol at PHX fans saying NHLplayerDerekMorris for Gagner.

edit - also, it appears the person who mentioned Yandle was a Sharks fan.

Shepard 06-23-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSimpson18 (Post 51424705)

Which Phoenix fan said Morris for Gagner?

DapperDan 06-23-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSimpson18 (Post 51424705)

Yeah I'm not a fan of either team. Quit trying to pick fights over the internet.

CSimpson18 06-23-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DapperDan (Post 51425239)
Yeah I'm not a fan of either team. Quit trying to pick fights over the internet.

I had to assume you were, otherwise why would you have posted such a lopsided trade for PHX. And read the post above mine to figure out who was trying to "pick fights".

Eskimo44 06-23-2012 09:05 PM

Huge no. Morris has never been any good anywhere other than Phoenix. I don't think he's all that great. No matter your opinion on his ability, he does not help the Oilers.

DesertDawg 06-23-2012 09:07 PM

don't care about if it's an even trade, trading Derek Morris would put a hole to the d on the right side and he has chemistry with Yandle.
and at this time, before free agency, getting a 4th center would be a priority, but with so many possibilities losing a much needed asset doesn't make any sense. Most Coyote fans would rather get Lombardi as a dump and keep Morris than trading for Gagner...Roy is another possibility. Anyways, the Oilers need to explore who they can get in free agency also. As long as the ownership issue is up in the air, I do not believe they will trade any of their core players ATM...

SilverHaireDevil 06-23-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertDawg (Post 51425443)
don't care about if it's an even trade, trading Derek Morris would put a hole to the d on the right side and he has chemistry with Yandle.
and at this time, before free agency, getting a 4th center would be a priority, but with so many possibilities losing a much needed asset doesn't make any sense. Most Coyote fans would rather get Lombardi as a dump and keep Morris than trading for Gagner...Roy is another possibility. Anyways, the Oilers need to explore who they can get in free agency also. As long as the ownership issue is up in the air, I do not believe they will trade any of their core players ATM...

Good luck signing any free agents.

Grod 06-23-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yotes Persevere (Post 51423529)

It sounds fair to counter offer an initial offer of ludicrous proportions with an equally bad offer. Or is it the offered teams job to silently accept it? It's a negotiation and clearly neither team wants to give up the best asset.

Kaen 06-23-2012 11:35 PM

Both Morris and Yandle are ridiculous suggestions in a trade for Gagner. One is way too valuable, the other not nearly valuable enough. I'm totally against the Oil trading Gagner right now, because they have no one to replace him, but if they were going to deal him to Phoenix, what about Klesla? With Yandle, OEL, Morris and now Michalek, plus their prospects like Gormley on their way up, I would think they could use him to acquire a good young center.

SniperHF 06-24-2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaen (Post 51432099)
what about Klesla? With Yandle, OEL, Morris and now Michalek, plus their prospects like Gormley on their way up, I would think they could use him to acquire a good young center.

I'm too thrilled with the prospect of having both Klesla and Michalek on the same team to consider moving him.

I don't think moving Klesla would be all that good of an idea anyway in a vacuum. He's got a nice contract for PHX and fits well with the team.

Also I'm not really sure how highly he's valued by the league at large anyway. His Injury history is a factor I think.

Sciamachy 06-24-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SniperHF (Post 51433969)
I'm too thrilled with the prospect of having both Klesla and Michalek on the same team to consider moving him.

I don't think moving Klesla would be all that good of an idea anyway in a vacuum. He's got a nice contract for PHX and fits well with the team.

Also I'm not really sure how highly he's valued by the league at large anyway. His Injury history is a factor I think.

Agree with all of this. Klesla doesn't hold the kind of value to get us what we truly need and he's definitely worth more to us than anything we could get for him. Having Z and Klesla both on the PK is simply too tempting to pass up.

Eskimo44 06-24-2012 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SniperHF (Post 51433969)

I think Klesla could garner a fair bit, like a 1st rounder.

Redcoyote 06-24-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceva Sct (Post 51434181)
Agree with all of this. Klesla doesn't hold the kind of value to get us what we truly need and he's definitely worth more to us than anything we could get for him. Having Z and Klesla both on the PK is simply too tempting to pass up.

I wouldnt want to give up klesla either. Having him with Michalek on the PK has the potential to be awesome. He will also be a great partner for either Stone or Rundblad.