HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Brandon Gormley (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1215719)

CobraAcesS 06-24-2012 12:37 AM

Brandon Gormley
 
Assuming the Avs cannot pick up anyone of significance in Free-agency what would a blue-chip D prospect like Gormley cost?

I am not exactly fully aware of what Phoenix's needs are beyond center. I would guess that with the uncertainty of some of their forwards aging and being UFA's even a winger might be of use.

Just wondering really if Phoenix would be open to moving a prospect like that having it be such an organizational strength.

heathfilms* 06-24-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CobraAcesS (Post 51432209)
Assuming the Avs cannot pick up anyone of significance in Free-agency what would a blue-chip D prospect like Gormley cost?

I am not exactly fully aware of what Phoenix's needs are beyond center. I would guess that with the uncertainty of some of their forwards aging and being UFA's even a winger might be of use.

Just wondering really if Phoenix would be open to moving a prospect like that having it be such an organizational strength.

well with rumors that yandle will be traded that makes gormley the next top 2 with OEL to get him you would have to overpayment because they love this kid

CobraAcesS 06-24-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heathfilms (Post 51432357)
well with rumors that yandle will be traded that makes gormley the next top 2 with OEL to get him you would have to overpayment because they love this kid

Gormley is a LH-D so with OEL also being a left hander I would guess Rundblad as a right handed guy would be part of the future.

Yeah if Yandle is moved fair enough.. But the rumor is they put him out there but quickly pulled back as well. Yandle would take a SERIOUS package and your probably going to find a hell of a lot less suitors for a Yandle type of package than for Gormley.

Benny FTW 06-24-2012 12:56 AM

Zibanejad for Gormley

rt 06-24-2012 12:57 AM

No.

If you want David Schlemko, we can talk about him. Absolutely zero reason for us to trade any other D.

Magnifique 06-24-2012 12:57 AM

GMDM said it would take a special package to get Yandle. He turned down a 2nd line player and a 10 pick for Yandle today. Yandle is likely going to stay in Phoenix.

As far as Gormley, I really don't know. I would say that GMDM would absolutely move him for the right price, but I don't know what that would be.

CobraAcesS 06-24-2012 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yotes Persevere (Post 51432973)
GMDM said it would take a special package to get Yandle. He turned down a 2nd line player and a 10 pick for Yandle today. Yandle is likely going to stay in Phoenix.

As far as Gormley, I really don't know. I would say that GMDM would absolutely move him for the right price, but I don't know what that would be.

I could see adding something small to even a proven young winger like Downie. As long as Phoenix likes his game and toughness. I would guess Phoenix would like offense and grit probably wouldn't hurt either.

The only prospect I could see PHX wanting out of Colorado would be Sgarbossa, a two-way center that led the OHL in scoring last year with 100+ points. Ive been told he thrives off of physical play but he needs to fill out some before he would be ready for the NHL.

Michael Sgarbossa,

"My opinion on him is that he's a guy who should fit into a Top Six as a 25-25 guy, with a lot of pest-like qualities to his game. He's a guy who creates a lot of inzone offense and has a very quality offensive game to him. My only concern for him translating his game is getting stronger. He feeds off physical play at times and to continue that, he'll need to bulk up."

~Brian Huddle~ (Hockeybuzz)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.