HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   timmins list (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1215847)

Nedved 06-24-2012 08:29 AM

timmins list

Does anyone have Timmins list for the first round? I would be interested to see where he has players pegged.

SOLR 06-24-2012 08:34 AM

I have it but I would have to kill you if you look at it.

:sarcasm:

We never get their lists, unless there are spies with cellphones and I'm sure security is paying much more attention now.

MajorBoost 06-24-2012 09:49 AM

Actually Stephane Leroux from RDS explained during the round 1 draft that the Habs had Galchenyuk #1 on their list and Terravainen second...
Which means that if the Oilers had drafted Murray and CBS Galchenyuk, we wouldn't have picked Yakupov at 3...:shakehead

Vi Nc E x13x 06-24-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajorBoost (Post 51442613)
Actually Stephane Leroux from RDS explained during the round 1 draft that the Habs had Galchenyuk #1 on their list and Terravainen second...
Which means that if the Oilers had drafted Murray and CBS Galchenyuk, we wouldn't have picked Yakupov at 3...:shakehead

Maybe they knew he wouldnt drop to them so they didnt include him on there list

Myron Gaines* 06-24-2012 09:53 AM

All we know is

1.Alex Galchenyuk
2.Teuvo Teravainen

AntonCH 06-24-2012 09:54 AM

I just can't see anyone taking the finn over yakupov, let alone timmins
No way

SAKS AVENUE 06-24-2012 09:58 AM

I wonder how long it will take Burke to say Habs picked a bunch of Leafs picks because Dudley leaked info.

I hate the fact everyone is saying we won the draft. It only means we are not really the winners, media is always wrong. I hope it all pans out. I almost like it better when they question our picks.

ThaDevilGirl 06-24-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE (Post 51442831)
I wonder how long it will take Burke to say Habs picked a bunch of Leafs picks because Dudley leaked info.

I hate the fact everyone is saying we won the draft. It only means we are not really the winners, media is always wrong. I hope it all pans out. I almost like it better when they question our picks.

I think people say Habs won the draft because they made a bunch of sexy picks. Time will tell.

Freaky Habs Fan 06-24-2012 10:01 AM

Grand said yesterday that Teravainen wasn't second on our list. I don't know who to believe anymore.

Stjonnypopo 06-24-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajorBoost (Post 51442613)

I don't know if that's true. I think the lists are somewhat realistic so like last season where we picked at 19 (I think?) I don't think we had Nugent Hopkins on our list. Obviously if he slipped to 19th we would have picked him but we weren't expecting that to happen, just like we weren't expecting Yakupov to go to third.

Bulis hit 06-24-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan (Post 51442909)
Grand said yesterday that Teravainen wasn't second on our list. I don't know who to believe anymore.

I think there is a bit of truth in what both Leroux and Grant said.

Timmins may share his impressions of certain players and such, but he will never share his exact list.

Leroux certainly went overboard when he said TT was 2nd on Timmins list. All his evidence of that was discussions with Timmins and not actually Timmins telling him who was 1 and 2.

Grant says he was somewhere in top 5. And that I can totally believe. If I was in charge, he would be somewhere in my top 5 too.

I do however, believe it is possible that Timmins had Galchenyuk higher than Yakupov, based on the fact that the habs seem to value character highly.

His list was probably something like this:
1. Galchenyuk
2. Yakupov
3. Murray (or someone else highly ranked.. maybe Morgan Rielly)
4. Teravainen

I know my list is similar to this (though I would still put Yakupov on top and drop Teravainen one more spot).

Nedved 06-24-2012 10:38 AM

shoot, I was hoping there was a list available of some sort. Something tells me Collberg was in his top 20, and I just want to know where he had him ranked.

WeThreeKings 06-24-2012 11:43 AM

Timmins would have Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Rielly, TT and Collberg rated highly.

LyricalLyricist 06-24-2012 12:22 PM

Yakupov was likely #2, max #3