HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Islanders Point Blank: Who Gets a Qualifying Offer??? (UPDATE: 8 qualified Post #32) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1215903)

Homeland Security 06-24-2012 11:00 AM

Who Gets a Qualifying Offer??? (UPDATE: 8 qualified Post #32)

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2...lifying-offers

Matt Martin
Mikko Koskinen
Mark Katic
Rhett Rakhshani
Yuri Alexandrov
Ty Wishart
Yannick Reindeau
Tomas Marcinko
Sean Backman
Tyler McNeely
Justin DiBenedetto
Tony Romano

The next group of players are already overseas (Rakhshani, DiBenedetto and Katic) and it will be interesting to see what the Islanders do with them. When Jesse Joensuu signed up to play in Europe last year, the team qualified him thus retaining his rights, leading to a one-way contract reunion this year. If the Islanders donít qualify one of these players, that essentially means itís the end of their time in the organization.

CodeE 06-24-2012 11:23 AM

Martin & Mikko are the only ones I'd really like to see QOs, and if Mikko wants to stay in Europe because he's clearly behind Poulin & Nilsson on the depth chart, I can understand.

So basically Matt Martin.

A Pointed Stick 06-24-2012 11:25 AM

I think they will qualify the big names like Martin, but if memory serves Garth takes his sweet time doing it.

If we lost any of the real keepers on the list though the team will take some significant heat for it. I can't even imagine the angst that would erupt in here if they didn't qualify Martin. It might be the one thing that the "Snow can do no wrong" crowd will flip on him for.

IslesRock4 06-24-2012 11:35 AM

Martin obviously gets a QO, but I doubt he signs it. Gonna take more than that. Hopefully his new contract is not as much of an issue as when we were trying to sign him to an ELC.

rikker 06-24-2012 11:43 AM

Matt Martin - sign long term
Mikko Koskinen - QO
Mark Katic - QO
Rhett Rakhshani - QO

SLAPSHOT723 06-24-2012 12:04 PM

I'm very surprised that Wishart was given a QO. He's awful.

Homeland Security 06-24-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 (Post 51447571)
I'm very surprised that Wishart was given a QO. He's awful.

That's a list of who is Qualified Offer eligible, not who got one. Did you read somewhere that Wishart got one?

CodeE 06-24-2012 12:07 PM

Wishart will likely never see NHL ice, but I don't see any harm in keeping him as a depth defenseman in Bridgeport for another year on the cheap. There are certainly worse options than him.

OrangeZebra 06-24-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct (Post 51444917)

Matt Martin
Mikko Koskinen
Mark Katic
Rhett Rakhshani
Yuri Alexandrov
Ty Wishart
Yannick Reindeau
Tomas Marcinko
Sean Backman
Tyler McNeely
Justin DiBenedetto
Tony Romano

Them imo

IslesNorway 06-24-2012 01:00 PM

Martin will get a multi year deal @ around 1-1.5 million. All the guys going to Europe will be qualified for safety's sake and Koskinen, Wishart and Alexandrov will get QOs. The rest are goners.

camper 06-24-2012 01:18 PM

Some good kids here, but they better get Martin done LOOOOOOOONG term,its a no brainer. Cant imagine this kid playing against the Isles, talk about a one man wrecking crew:help:.Gett'er done and fast!

boredmale 06-24-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Matt Martin
Mikko Koskinen
Mark Katic
Rhett Rakhshani

Those 4 I would definitely qualify

Quote:

Yannick Reindeau
Tomas Marcinko

Time to cut ties(although in the case of Reindeau I think it was just a case Boston had to dump a contract on us to pick up the guys at the deadline

Quote:

Yuri Alexandrov
Ty Wishart
Sean Backman
Tyler McNeely
Justin DiBenedetto
Tony Romano

Could go either way depending on how close we are to the 50 player limit. I am not sure what the story is on Yuri Alexandrov. I know we picked him up from Boston for cheap. Does he have any interest playing here? Can he actually be a legit NHL defenseman?

PhysicalGraffiti 06-24-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeZebra (Post 51449469)
Them imo

x2.

With DiBo already gone :(

I want Martin, Koskinen, and Wishart from that list. I'd like to keep Romano around for Bport depth.

seafoam 06-24-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

http://www.islanderspointblank.com/2...lifying-offers

Matt Martin
Mikko Koskinen
Mark Katic
Rhett Rakhshani
Yuri Alexandrov

Ty Wishart
Yannick Reindeau
Tomas Marcinko
Sean Backman
Tyler McNeely
Justin DiBenedetto
Tony Romano

The next group of players are already overseas (Rakhshani, DiBenedetto and Katic) and it will be interesting to see what the Islanders do with them. When Jesse Joensuu signed up to play in Europe last year, the team qualified him thus retaining his rights, leading to a one-way contract reunion this year. If the Islanders don’t qualify one of these players, that essentially means it’s the end of their time in the organization.

Who I think is going to be qualified.

Isles Enforcer 06-24-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CodeE (Post 51447721)
Wishart will likely never see NHL ice, but I don't see any harm in keeping him as a depth defenseman in Bridgeport for another year on the cheap. There are certainly worse options than him.

Not many

SLAPSHOT723 06-24-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct (Post 51447689)
That's a list of who is Qualified Offer eligible, not who got one. Did you read somewhere that Wishart got one?

Nope, totally read that wrong :(

M Moulson Ale 06-24-2012 08:13 PM

I haven't heard any news of QOs....
I'm scared....

Bunk Moreland 06-24-2012 08:30 PM

Not really sure what the rules are surrounding QO's... Is there a max on them?

StrongIslanders90 06-24-2012 08:34 PM

Hope the team does the rite thing and gives Marint a nice deal

Sneekypete 06-24-2012 09:30 PM

Matt Martin=QO
Mikko Koskinen=QO
Mark Katic=QO
Rhett Rakhshani=QO
Yuri Alexandrov=QO
Ty Wishart= Nope
Yannick Reindeau=Maybe
Tomas Marcinko=Nope
Sean Backman=Nope
Tyler McNeely=Nope
Justin DiBenedetto=QO
Tony Romano=QO expecially now that Rhett Rak and Dibo both jumped ship

The reason I QO all of the overseas players is because it retains there rights while not affecting the contract limit

ScaredStreit 06-24-2012 09:34 PM

I don't see Martin singing a long-term deal. I think the Isles will offer one though.

IslandersFan17 06-24-2012 10:32 PM

Martin, Katic and Mikko are the only three we should even worry about.

Homeland Security 06-24-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScaredStreit (Post 51474503)
I don't see Martin singing a long-term deal. I think the Isles will offer one though.

Why not?

rightyouarehowie91 06-24-2012 10:42 PM

Martin,mikko,Rhett,Yuri,dibo........imo they should sign martin 3 yrs and sign prust in free agency to go along with him

ScaredStreit 06-25-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct (Post 51477679)
Why not?

I think he'd get a nicely sized contract offers from other teams as a UFA in the bear future, and a nice contract via arbitration. He'd be a really good piece on a contending team. But ultimately, there's no rhyme or reason-just my opinion. I don't see any reason why he would (or should) sign a long-term deal.