HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Rumor: André Benoit (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1216133)

Sensinformat* 06-24-2012 04:30 PM

André Benoit
 
Hi new here and I just wanted to share something with you all. It appears that André Benoit might be back with the Sens this year. The former Baby Sens assistant will sign a new contract on July 1st (or a bit after)

Coming out of a year in Russia, in 53 games, he had 5 goals and 12 assists with 34 PIM and a plus 1.

From what I have heard he did not enjoyed his year there. especially at the start of the season when the Lokomotiv team plane crashed. That really worried him.


But I expect it to be a two way contract. I guess the signing was an easy choice for Benoit. First, He's a native of St-Albert. (where they have the best cheese curds :P) Second, Rick Wamsley, the former goalie coach of the Sens and now the new Baby Sens head coach is actually his father in law.

With all that said I, personally think Benoit can play in the NHL full time as a 6th D. Can't be worse than Gilroy, He can play on the point on the second unit of the powerplay.

RedWhiteBlackGold 06-24-2012 04:34 PM

What source do you have that you are basing this on?

Sensinformat* 06-24-2012 04:39 PM

I can't say but rate my credibility when it happens.

Sens Mile 06-24-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensinformat (Post 51459973)
Hi new here and I just wanted to share something with you all. It appears that André Benoit might be back with the Sens this year. The former Baby Sens assistant will sign a new contract on July 1st (or a bit after)

Coming out of a year in Russia, in 53 games, he had 5 goals and 12 assists with 34 PIM and a plus 1.

From what I have heard he did not enjoyed his year there. especially at the start of the season when the Lokomotiv team plane crashed. That really worried him.


But I expect it to be a two way contract. I guess the signing was an easy choice for Benoit. First, He's a native of St-Albert. (where they have the best cheese curds :P) Second, Rick Wamsley, the former goalie coach of the Sens and now the new Baby Sens head coach is actually his father in law.

With all that said I, personally think Benoit can play in the NHL full time as a 6th D. Can't be worse than Gilroy, He can play on the point on the second unit of the powerplay.

Luke Richardson is the new HC of Binghamton

TheOriginalSilf* 06-24-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sens Mile (Post 51460453)
Luke Richardson is the new HC of Binghamton

:laugh:

Well, that credibility lasted long.

MAK19 06-24-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensinformat (Post 51459973)
Hi new here and I just wanted to share something with you all. It appears that André Benoit might be back with the Sens this year. The former Baby Sens assistant will sign a new contract on July 1st (or a bit after)

Coming out of a year in Russia, in 53 games, he had 5 goals and 12 assists with 34 PIM and a plus 1.

From what I have heard he did not enjoyed his year there. especially at the start of the season when the Lokomotiv team plane crashed. That really worried him.


But I expect it to be a two way contract. I guess the signing was an easy choice for Benoit. First, He's a native of St-Albert. (where they have the best cheese curds :P) Second, Rick Wamsley, the former goalie coach of the Sens and now the new Baby Sens head coach is actually his father in law.

With all that said I, personally think Benoit can play in the NHL full time as a 6th D. Can't be worse than Gilroy, He can play on the point on the second unit of the powerplay.

The only true thing about the post.

Benoit is not an NHL player

Sensinformat* 06-24-2012 04:43 PM

Oups yes you are right. I assume he is still the goalie coach in Ott. My bad lol

Uncle Eugene 06-24-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet (Post 51460521)
:laugh:

Well, that credibility lasted long.

That and he can't spell informant.

Sensinformat* 06-24-2012 04:46 PM

I'm no informat just close of THAT situation, I'm no Senschirp and I'm not a Eklund lol just a fan that knows that info is 100% true and wanted to pass it along.<

And Benoit is good enough to play in NHL. Mostly what will happen is he will be the call up guy.

pepty 06-24-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensinformat (Post 51460717)
Oups yes you are right. I assume he is still the goalie coach in Ott. My bad lol

The Bingo Sens coud use Benoit,hope you are right.

Sensinformat* 06-24-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Eugene (Post 51460789)
That and he can't spell informant.

Yeah sorry i'm french lol can't hate me for that

Sensinformat* 06-24-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepty (Post 51460863)
The Bingo Sens coud use Benoit,hope you are right.

He help alot with the calder cup. Can help and teach young D rookies

TheOriginalSilf* 06-24-2012 04:51 PM

I think it'd be great to pick him back up for Bingo, but not for the NHL roster.

MAK19 06-24-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensinformat (Post 51460973)
He help alot with the calder cup. Can help and teach young D rookies

Maybe but if Patty Wier goes back to Bingo he needs to be the go to offensive D. Cause he's not making the NHL as a defensive specialist. He needs to be tested and he needs ice time to develop. I don't want Benoit to take that away from him.

Sensinformat* 06-24-2012 04:59 PM

I imagine WIE will be the Sens focus on D this year. If not he's gonna fade away, which I hope not. But I assume André will play a couple of game in the NHL. But who would u rather have Benoit or Gilroy? To me they are similar but I think André is better on the hockey vision side, he's pretty good on the PP. If the Sens give him a chance like a solid 10 games, maybe he will impress you guys like he impresses me. I seen him play since he is young and always know he would make it to the NHL one day. I hope this year is the one :)

mat_sens 06-24-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensinformat (Post 51461459)
I imagine WIE will be the Sens focus on D this year. If not he's gonna fade away, which I hope not. But I assume André will play a couple of game in the NHL. But who would u rather have Benoit or Gilroy? To me they are similar but I think André is better on the hockey vision side, he's pretty good on the PP. If the Sens give him a chance like a solid 10 games, maybe he will impress you guys like he impresses me. I seen him play since he is young and always know he would make it to the NHL one day. I hope this year is the one :)


Guessing you are family or something

Sensinformat* 06-24-2012 05:07 PM

no not family, Went to primary school with him, I remember the teachers would ask us who our Idol was and what is our dream.

His Idol was Scott Stevens ans his dream was to win the Stanley cup with the Senators!!

Lets hope he is right :) :) :)

BK201 06-24-2012 05:11 PM

Well good luck to him. It'll keep getting harder to crack the NHL roster especially with additions like Ceci, but wish no ill will.

Sensinformat* 06-24-2012 05:15 PM

I dont know Ceci at all, just know he's really good but I dont think he will make the team?? But andré will be the call up guy for the Sens I guess. I just wish the best for him been through alot. Especially when his brother committed suicide (R.I.P. Luc :( )

I just hope he can play solid in camp and get a shot at it, he deserves it.

RedWhiteBlackGold 06-24-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensinformat (Post 51461791)
no not family, Went to primary school with him, I remember the teachers would ask us who our Idol was and what is our dream.

His Idol was Scott Stevens ans his dream was to win the Stanley cup with the Senators!!

Lets hope he is right :) :) :)

He was born in 1984, so odds are he would have started primary at 1988-1989....so either he was held back a few years or your story doesn't add up since the Senators were not back in the NHL.

HabsFanFromOntario 06-24-2012 05:17 PM

Was ridiculous in Kitchener back in the day (All-time leading points for a Defenseman among names like McInnis and Iafrate.)

MAK19 06-24-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlackGold (Post 51462245)
He was born in 1984, so odds are he would have started primary at 1988-1989....so either he was held back a few years or your story doesn't add up since the Senators were not back in the NHL.

Well in that region primary school goes up to grade 8 back then anyway. So in theory he was in primary school til 1997ish

Fenix Rises 2026 06-24-2012 05:28 PM

I trust you Informat. This is good news if true. A lot of question marks on our d right now. Wouldn't be surprised to see a guy like Benoit steal the first callup or even 6-7 D spot.

Sensinformat* 06-24-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlackGold (Post 51462245)
He was born in 1984, so odds are he would have started primary at 1988-1989....so either he was held back a few years or your story doesn't add up since the Senators were not back in the NHL.

Look i just wanted to give a heads up to Sens fan because if a Sens fan knows something then I would like to know. If you dont believe me fine. I dont care lol. I dont make stuff up. And btw your not very good in math LOL

GO SENS GO

and yes he was INSANE in kitchener I just hope he can get back that confidence!!!!!!
Even tho the NHL is at another level, and funny thong is that he never got drafted lol reason: wasnt tall enough. So I'm assuming that "in that time" if Erik Karlsson would be the same age as him, he wouldnt have been drafted either.

RedWhiteBlackGold 06-24-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19sens11 (Post 51462577)
Well in that region primary school goes up to grade 8 back then anyway. So in theory he was in primary school til 1997ish

Ohh alright. I just know in Nova Scotia you started primary at 4-5 years old....which was a grade. Elementary school was grade primary to grade 8.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.