HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Tyler Bozak (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1217533)

abhanot 06-26-2012 02:56 PM

Tyler Bozak

Saw his name in a couple of threads before, thrown in on some trade proposals. Some fans over-value him, others think he's at best a #3 centre. I'd say he can be a legit #2 on teams like Chicago or Dallas. What's the most he's worth?

JGardiner51 06-26-2012 03:04 PM

As much as he gets hated, he is a dependable #2 C or a very very good #3 C

kmad 06-26-2012 03:07 PM

Fourth round draft pick?

Henrik To Daniel 06-26-2012 03:18 PM

Conditional 7th round pick based on the condition that he doesn't suck

wingz rule 06-26-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGardiner51 (Post 51562405)

u have to remember though that his numbers are inflated by playing with kessel and lupul.

Kbs 06-26-2012 03:20 PM

As weird as it sounds, he's more valuable to the Leafs than any other team. He likely wouldn't get as much playing time as he does with the leafs so he wouldn't put up as many points on a different team (similar to Stajan when he arrived to Calgary). Also, he has great chemistry with Kessel which is a great thing for us, but it does give a slight increase in points compared to if he was on a line with any other players on the team.

Although, I will say his defensive game is very underrated, and I'd love to keep him on the team for the foreseeable future if we could somehow manage to slot him into the 3rd line and get a replacement for the 1st line.

Pekka Rinne 06-26-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGardiner51 (Post 51562405)

Thats what us oil fans say about Gagner and all you leafs just hate, when as a matter of fact! Gagner is better than Bozak!

angry pirate 06-26-2012 03:24 PM

Bozak is nothing more than a stop gap 2nd line center. 3rd line guy who can be used to fill in for injuries or lack of depth. Bozak alone doesn't hold much value. Most teams have a Bozak or two. He definitely shouldn't be counted on to be a 2C on a contender. Added as a piece to a bigger deal is where Bozak might have some value.

Alone, maybe a 2nd round pick a la Moore.

WarriorofTime 06-26-2012 03:27 PM

Leafs should deal him. They're not winning the Cup next year and Bozak is a UFA. He shouldn't be in any long term plans since he doesn't have the offense to be a 1C and Grabovski has hold of the 2C spot forever and frankly isn't the kind of 3C you should invest a lot in going forward. Accept a good prospect + pick(s) for him and be happy. I'm sure Toronto fans will not want to admit that's what's in their organization's best interest but if the Leafs are struggling come December then maybe they'll see what I'm saying now. His value is higher before the season where he'll get a full season with his new team than it will be at the deadline since Bozak is not the type to instantly step into a lineup and make a team better overnight.

MasterDecoy 06-26-2012 03:31 PM

a fourth maybe. he's honestly not worth much

WarriorofTime 06-26-2012 03:33 PM

He played on a line with two of the highest scoring Wingers in the league and was tasked with being the defensively responsible one. Finished -7.

mapes 06-26-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel (Post 51563199)

You are pretty obsessed with the Leafs..

No point in us dealing him right now

gdg9 06-26-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapes (Post 51564019)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel (Post 51563199)

You are pretty obsessed with the Leafs..

It's true... and pretty sad.

HockeyThoughts 06-26-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterDecoy (Post 51563821)
a fourth maybe. he's honestly not worth much

26year old coming off a season where he hit ~20G-50pts and is defensively responsible, is worth a 4th? Good to know.

Anyways, on topic. The good thing about Bozak is how versatile he is. He has great chemistry with Lupul and Kessel so he is able to play with them on the top line but the ideal position for him in my mind is on the third line. I believe if we are able to get another true top 6 center we should try to dump Connolly instead of Bozo. He isn't a prototypical 3rd line center but he is defensively responsible, offensively inclined and has a great dimension of speed. #1 Center-Grabovski-Bozak-Steckel is a solid foundation of centers imo.

Timbo Slice 06-26-2012 03:48 PM

Problem with Bozak is that he's not good enough to be a #2 center, but isn't good enough defensively to be a 3rd line center. So he's in limbo. Weak teams would probably him as their 2nd line center (Or #1, if you're Toronto), but that's just because their bad teams. Good teams won't have any room for him.

Nizdizzle 06-26-2012 04:51 PM

He is easily worth a 2nd in a deadline deal. Offseason, I know people like to put draft pick values on players, but would probably be swapped with another player.

gdg9 06-27-2012 08:20 AM

Would Dallas have any interest?

They look extremely thin at C now that Ribeiro's gone.

Also, Joe N. would be familiar with Bozak from his days with Leafs management.

Four1 Lead 06-27-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdg9 (Post 51594343)
Would Dallas have any interest?

They look extremely thin at C now that Ribeiro's gone.

Also, Joe N. would be familiar with Bozak from his days with Leafs management.

Joe Nieuwendyk is the one who lured him to Toronto. He loves Bozak, who fielded 25 NHL offers.

I predict he ends up in Dallas or Colorado at some point.

Ivan13 06-27-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mika Zibanejad (Post 51594421)
Joe Nieuwendyk is the one who lured him to Toronto. He loves Bozak, who fielded 25 NHL offers.

Yeah, it's a well known fact that we need more centers with Duchene, Stastny, O'Reilly and Olver on the team and Malone, Hishon, Sgarbossa, Connoly and Heard on the way.

StuckOutHere 06-27-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianBoy8 (Post 51563415)
Thats what us oil fans say about Gagner and all you leafs just hate, when as a matter of fact! Gagner is better than Bozak!

I don't think you'll find many rational Leaf fans who actually think Bozak is better than Gagner. I like Bozak, but his success is something of a perfect storm situation.

gdg9 06-27-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mika Zibanejad (Post 51594421)

Agreed... COL was the second team I could definitely see him with for some reason.

(PART of a package for Stastny? Ott?)

StuckOutHere 06-27-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan13 (Post 51594519)
Yeah, it's a well known fact that we need more centers with Duchene, Stastny, O'Reilly and Olver on the team and Malone, Hishon, Sgarbossa, Connoly and Heard on the way.

What is his status? I heard he was back skating but that's a far cry from playing professional hockey.

Four1 Lead 06-27-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan13 (Post 51594519)

He went to University of Denver and has connections with the Avs organization.

Very close friends with Paul Stastny.

If a time comes when they move one of those top 3 centres, Bozak will be an option.

Whether through trade or free agency.

I think Dallas is more likely. Their GM loves Bozak.

HockeyGuruPitka 06-27-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianBoy8 (Post 51563415)

Disagree. Bozak plays in the tough areas. Gagner (sam) is a perimeter player.

Gagner has all world skill and only manages to be as good as he is. Thats the point. The heart just aint there. Gagner may be more skilled, but if im building a contender i take Bozak. Bozak is a convertible multi use player. He can sub in efficiently on the top lines and bottom lines. He can be used on the PP and PK. Gagner is a top 6 player that just aint good enough to contribute to a stanley cup winning team. One trick pony thats trick aint that good.

Bozak does what he can with what he has. Made a career from working hard and not giving up. Kid battles and makes the best out of any situation.

I hate the amount of hate Bozak gets on this forum.

pigpen65 06-27-2012 08:38 AM

He's worth whatever Burke says minus 3 rounds.