HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Proposal: Roy and Adam for Ott (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1218153)

Starsdude 06-27-2012 11:36 AM

Roy and Adam for Ott

fair or unfair?

WhoIsJimBob 06-27-2012 11:37 AM

That's a lot to give up for Ott to me.

HockeyH3aven 06-27-2012 11:38 AM

Ew, no thanks.

Roy is worth more than Ott.

BuzzKillington90 06-27-2012 11:40 AM

Too much. Roy might be a rental, but hes a full year rental He is worth more then Ott alone.

New Sabres Captain 06-27-2012 11:43 AM

2nd + Adam for Ott is well received on the main board.

TehDoak 06-27-2012 11:55 AM

Roy > Ott in value.

Roy+Adam for Ott+Morrow is something I could work around, however.

Chainshot 06-27-2012 11:56 AM

Adam and a 3rd for Ott or Roy for Ott and a 3rd?

Jame 06-27-2012 11:59 AM

I think Adam+2nd for Ott is fair

I also don't think Buffalo fans have a even handed understanding of Roy's trade value (currently in the ball park of Eakin and a 2nd)

I'd take Ott over Eakin and a 2nd

SabresBillsBuffalo 06-27-2012 12:32 PM

thats an overpayment lol

Starsdude 06-27-2012 12:38 PM

I thought generally Stars fans thought Ott had more value than Ribs as Otter is cheaper with 2 years left. I thought Roy was redundunt given the emergence of Ennis and the drafting of Grigs while Otter has a pretty unique skill set. Adam looks like a guy who may not get a full shot and the stars probably have the ability to add a mid round pick or an avarage RW/d prospect

McTank 06-27-2012 12:54 PM

Id do Roy for Ott

static80 06-27-2012 01:04 PM

Do not want Ott on the Sabres.

AlexanderMogilny89 06-27-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by static80 (Post 51607351)

Do not want Roy on the Sabres anymore. How about Roy for Morrow?

joshjull 06-27-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by static80 (Post 51607351)

Why not?

kirby11 06-27-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame (Post 51603877)
I think Adam+2nd for Ott is fair

I also don't think Buffalo fans have a even handed understanding of Roy's trade value (currently in the ball park of Eakin and a 2nd)

I'd take Ott over Eakin and a 2nd

I'd love that deal. i'm not really sure where adam goes for our team. Right now, at least, he's not a guy who can hack it in the bottom 6 cause he doesn't have that much jam in his game, so he's not that useful if he doesn't develop well.

SabresAreScaryGood 06-27-2012 02:21 PM

LOL @ people who wouldnt do Roy for Ott, especially since we have in house replacements for Roy.

Ott would be the most popular Sabre by fans and most hated by other teams, he and Kaleta on the same team would be, well interesting. He would be a great Ruff player IMO, a guy Ruff can play in any situation and put up 35-45 points while agitating and hitting. Very good faceoff guy also. I really like this.

Reacher Gilt 06-27-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabresAreScaryGood (Post 51612223)
LOL @ people who wouldnt do Roy for Ott, especially since we have in house replacements for Roy.

all those veteran centers we have

Leino, McCormick ...

static80 06-27-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshjull (Post 51608119)
Why not?

I was working in the area and watched many of the Stars games.
He was slow, real slow. His reputation for hitting was just that, reputation, cause I watched him do a whole lot of nothing for 4 months.

His speed (or more precise, his lack of it) created so many turnovers and costly mistakes.
I'm not interested in bringing Chris Gratton back to the Sabres, even if this version claims to have a snarl, as many of you believe. Out of the games I witnessed, I didn't see much of a snarl.

TehDoak 06-27-2012 03:28 PM

How does Roy straight up for Morrow sound? Seems to fill needs on both sides.

joshjull 06-27-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by static80 (Post 51617193)
He was slow, real slow. His reputation for hitting was just that, reputation, cause I watched him do a whole lot of nothing for 4 months.

His speed (or more precise, his lack of it) created so many turnovers and costly mistakes.
I'm not interested in bringing Chris Gratton back to the Sabres, even if this version claims to have a snarl, as many of you believe. Out of the games I witnessed, I didn't see much of a snarl.

Fair enough

Jame 06-27-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by static80 (Post 51617193)

4th in the league in hits among forwards.
You sure you were watching?

Quote:

that's probably why he was a +5 on a non playoff team.

And he had a whopping 25 turnovers in 74 games. That's a better rate then Pommer.

Quote:

:laugh: stop clowning around. I know you must've forgotten the sarcasm right?

BowieSabresFan 06-27-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabresAreScaryGood (Post 51612223)

Ott would be the most popular Sabre by fans and most hated by other teams, he and Kaleta on the same team would be, well interesting. He would be a great Ruff player IMO, a guy Ruff can play in any situation and put up 35-45 points while agitating and hitting. Very good faceoff guy also. I really like this.

Trade a veteran 1A/1B center for a third line center?. I like Ott, but that is overpayment, and does not make the Sabres a better team. I know the catchy thing to do right now is get rid of Roy, but you have to make the team better in the process. Other than Roy, we have no proven first or second line talent at center.

SabresAreScaryGood 06-27-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowieSabresFan (Post 51618865)
Trade a veteran 1A/1B center for a third line center. I like Ott, but that is overpayment, and does not make the Sabres a better team.

Roy is not a 1 anything. I mean if Roy were a 1A/1B why the heck would we even want to trade him at $4 million a year? I also find it hard to believe Ott doesnt help this team, thats crazy.

Mike Ribeiro just went for a 2nd and Cody Eakin. You would rather have that deal then Steve Ott?

BowieSabresFan 06-27-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabresAreScaryGood (Post 51619319)
Roy is not a 1 anything. I mean if Roy were a 1A/1B why the heck would we even want to trade him at $4 million a year? I also find it hard to believe Ott doesnt help this team, thats crazy.

Mike Ribeiro just went for a 2nd and Cody Eakin. You would rather have that deal then Steve Ott?

On this team, Roy definitely is a 1A/1B. He had an off year last year, but he is still a very talented player. If you get rid of him, it needs to be part of a package for something equivalent. Adam and a second maybe for Ott, but not Roy.

Also, management may have "tried" to trade Roy, but not succeeded. My guess is that Regier puts his value at a bit higher than you (and others) do. We'll see.

Finally, where did I ever say that Ott didn't help this team? I'd love to have Ott. Just not for Roy straight up.

SabresAreScaryGood 06-27-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowieSabresFan (Post 51620313)
On this team, Roy definitely is a 1A/1B. He had an off year last year, but he is still a very talented player. If you get rid of him, it needs to be part of a package for something equivalent. Adam and a second maybe for Ott, but not Roy.

Also, management may have "tried" to trade Roy, but not succeeded. My guess is that Regier puts his value at a bit higher than you (and others) do. We'll see.

Finally, where did I ever say that Ott didn't help this team? I'd love to have Ott. Just not for Roy straight up.

If thats our thinking then we might as well extend Roy right now.

If Roy isnt part of the future, then get a piece that is and will play a big role for you, Ott would. Holding onto Roy makes no sense to me unless you want him to be part of the team, and if you do then give him an extension while his price is low.

I dont want a pick and a weak prospect for Roy, I would rather get a 3rd line center that would give us something we dont have and need.