HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   News Article: Brisebois raring to go (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1218341)

HomaridII 06-27-2012 03:07 PM

Brisebois raring to go
 
http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...424/story.html

And then Brisebois broke into a broad grin, popping the last bite of his muffin as he rose to head into his sunny day.

“The potential of the Canadiens is very nice,” he said. “The core of the team? Beautiful. Just be patient. Let some contracts run their course. And let these young guys mature.

“I can’t wait to get going. When do we start?”

Et le But 06-27-2012 03:09 PM

I was not a Brisebois fan to say the least but the man is committed to the organization and if he can help guide the prospects to the NHL, great.

overlords 06-27-2012 03:09 PM

Muffins are not "rarin' to go" food.

Brisebois, I am disappoint.

JSBach 06-27-2012 03:13 PM

For the first time in a while, I trust this organization.

Craig71 06-27-2012 03:29 PM

What kind of muffins were they?

Le Tricolore 06-27-2012 03:35 PM

"Let some contracts run their course" made me laugh. Wonder what he could be referring to...

Watsatheo 06-27-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Tricolore (Post 51617665)
"Let some contracts run their course" made me laugh. Wonder what he could be referring to...

I was going to post about the same thing. Interesting comment. I'd guess Gomez and Kaberle for starters.

Shaby23 06-27-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Tricolore (Post 51617665)
"Let some contracts run their course" made me laugh. Wonder what he could be referring to...

It starts with G.

UniverStalinGraduate* 06-27-2012 03:44 PM

Only problem I ever had with Brisebois was the team wanted and needed him to be a top pairing guy and he wasn't.

This is awesome. Having a guy whose job it is specifically to help work with young guys as they turn professional...how this team never had that is beyond me but this is fantastic.

I question though, is he an official assistant coach in Hamilton? Or just player development title? And is it just for d-men? Or all young prospects?

I'd be in favour of them adding another guy to do this with forwards...since Lapointe is moreso the trade guy right?

Habsfan18 06-27-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Tricolore (Post 51617665)
"Let some contracts run their course" made me laugh. Wonder what he could be referring to...

:laugh: For some reason the fact that it was a guy who actually works for this organization that is saying this made me laugh out loud.

Somewhere Gomez is sitting at his computer..."Hey Breezer...**** you!"

overlords 06-27-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watsatheo (Post 51617895)
I was going to post about the same thing. Interesting comment. I'd guess Gomez and Kaberle for starters.

But it implies that those contracts are hindering the club. I think a majority of us would rather think of the Gomez contract as being easily dealt with...


Damnit, brisebois.

Myron Gaines* 06-27-2012 04:01 PM

Brisebois is passionate about this organization, he knows what it takes to play in Montreal, I feel like he'll be a positive presence in this organization and will surprise a lot of people positively.

Goldthorpe 06-27-2012 04:16 PM

In many ways, I can't think of any other ex player who would know more about what it's like to play for the habs than Brisebois.

uiCk 06-27-2012 04:18 PM

i'm very happy he is around; he's going to be around the habs and NHL for a whole IMO

Vasculio 06-27-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate (Post 51618191)
Only problem I ever had with Brisebois was the team wanted and needed him to be a top pairing guy and he wasn't.

This is awesome. Having a guy whose job it is specifically to help work with young guys as they turn professional...how this team never had that is beyond me but this is fantastic.

I question though, is he an official assistant coach in Hamilton? Or just player development title? And is it just for d-men? Or all young prospects?

I'd be in favour of them adding another guy to do this with forwards...since Lapointe is moreso the trade guy right?

They probably won't interfere with anything that is on-ice coaching related. I suppose they'll be strictly off-ice related, with Lapointe supervising the coaching of Brisebois over young players lives outside the arena, most probably all young players, not just d-men. And IMO, it was about time ! If I can add, if somebody knows how harsh Montreal can be for players sometimes, it's Brisebois.

Frozenice 06-27-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomaridII (Post 51615925)
http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...424/story.html


“The potential of the Canadiens is very nice,” he said. “The core of the team? Beautiful. Just be patient. Let some contracts run their course. And let these young guys mature.

Translation: Enjoy Gomez, Kaberle and Bourque for the next couple of years.

LyricalLyricist 06-27-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozenice (Post 51620739)
Translation: Enjoy Gomez, Kaberle and Bourque for the next couple of years.

Maybe. People assume they'll all be dealt with. With the majority of the core getting passt their prime and on 2 year deals(markov, kaberle, gionta, gomez...) we may see them wait and see if they can get some assets back with a year left. In the case of Gomez, it really depends on if they will use the free space or not. If it's a matter of sending him down for the sake of it, I think they'll wait. If it's to fit say Suter, parise, semin...etc... then sure.

Bullsmith 06-27-2012 04:37 PM

The only way Gomez could play out his contract in Montreal would be to actually contribute on the ice. Like 50 points and a plus against second line opposition. If they try to let him float through his contract the fans in the building will MURDER him. A minority but dedicated core of paying ticket holders will make the Habs do something to get rid of him.

Brisbois knows. And we was never in close to the doghouse one-goal-Gomer's gonna be in if they try that trick for long.

On the plus side. TANK.:sarcasm:

Kriss E 06-27-2012 05:14 PM

So I guess what I suspected will likely happen, Gomez won't be buried.

Gustave 06-27-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriss E (Post 51623247)
So I guess what I suspected will likely happen, Gomez won't be buried.

As in, playing for the Habs? I don't believe it and I don't believe you can get that from one sentence. Let's wait a little before making these assumptions, if only for my mental health.

Team_Spirit 06-27-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriss E (Post 51623247)
So I guess what I suspected will likely happen, Gomez won't be buried.

****ing great.

Molson :shakehead

#57 06-27-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfan18 (Post 51618195)

Somewhere Gomez is sitting at his computer..."Hey Breezer...**** you!"

You mean, somewhere Gomez is sitting at his cottage enjoying his money while being more talentend than all of us at hockey... and definitely not caring at all about what Brisebois said

Kriss E 06-27-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gustave (Post 51624233)
As in, playing for the Habs? I don't believe it and I don't believe you can get that from one sentence. Let's wait a little before making these assumptions, if only for my mental health.

I'm not saying that just because of that sentence.
I understand people want Gomez out, just because they're fed up, but really what's the point of doing that if we don't need cap space to sign players?
If we don't get any big name off the open market, then there's no need to bury him. Might as well give him a shot at camp, see how he performs. If it appears like he's back into shape, great, if not, then you can bury him at any point.

DAChampion 06-27-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriss E (Post 51624563)
I'm not saying that just because of that sentence.
I understand people want Gomez out, just because they're fed up, but really what's the point of doing that if we don't need cap space to sign players?
If we don't get any big name off the open market, then there's no need to bury him. Might as well give him a shot at camp, see how he performs. If it appears like he's back into shape, great, if not, then you can bury him at any point.

Is it really worth taking a roster spot away from one of our young players?

Kriss E 06-27-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAChampion (Post 51624729)
Is it really worth taking a roster spot away from one of our young players?

If he outplays them by a good margin, then yea. If he doesn't he can be scratched or buried.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.