HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Buffalo-San Jose (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1219059)

New Sabres Captain 06-28-2012 01:40 PM

Buffalo-San Jose
 
To San Jose:
Vanek
Adam

To Buffalo:
Clowe
Pavelski

SJ gets a top line goal scoring winger which I've seen some posters saying is a need for the Sharks. Buffalo gets the physical presence they need and Pavelski as a versatile center/winger.

Buffalo adds about 500K in cap. Clowe is UFA next season, Vanek and Pavelski are UFA after 2 years.

The only thing I'm not sure is whether San Jose can afford to trade 2 forwards for 1 like this.

EDIT: per suggestion, adding Adam to the deal.

MillarWithASave 06-28-2012 01:40 PM

You're a Buffalo fan...... aren't you... :)

static80 06-28-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs (Post 51666177)
To San Jose:
Vanek

To Buffalo:
Clowe
Pavelski

SJ gets a top line goal scoring winger which I've seen some posters saying is a need for the Sharks. Buffalo gets the physical presence they need and Pavelski as a versatile center/winger.

Buffalo adds about 500K in cap. Clowe is UFA next season, Vanek and Pavelski are UFA after 2 years.

The only thing I'm not sure is whether San Jose can afford to trade 2 forwards for 1 like this.

Call the GM's, let's get this deal moving!!!

New Sabres Captain 06-28-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MillarWithASave (Post 51666219)
You're a Buffalo fan...... aren't you... :)

Is it that obvious...

What would SJ need then to make it more workable?

ROBBMACBRUINS 06-28-2012 01:44 PM

would Vanek and adam for clowe and pavelski work?

New Sabres Captain 06-28-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBBMACBRUINS (Post 51666477)
would Vanek and adam for clowe and pavelski work?

Done, I'd be absolutely willing to add Adam for this.

Rivet52 06-28-2012 01:46 PM

I'd do it with or without Adam. I'd miss Vanek but getting those two players is just too good to pass up.

InfinityIggy 06-28-2012 01:50 PM

San Jose says no I am thinking...

MillarWithASave 06-28-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs (Post 51666461)
Is it that obvious...

What would SJ need then to make it more workable?

Stafford + Pick maybe? Possibly more.

BigDmitriy 06-28-2012 01:53 PM

Eh...I probably wouldn't do it since Vanek's contract isn't the best, and Pavelski is really valuable

OrrNumber4 06-28-2012 01:56 PM

Pavelski, despite a poor playoffs, is one of the best two-way players in the game. He's also one of the best value players in the game. I would not trade him straight up for Vanek.

Gilligans Island 06-28-2012 01:58 PM

Not a fan of Vanek's contract at all. Pass.

ROBBMACBRUINS 06-28-2012 01:59 PM

Would the sharks be interested in Nash? what would they have to add to clowe and pavelski to land him instead of going after vanek?

Gilligans Island 06-28-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBBMACBRUINS (Post 51667413)
Would the sharks be interested in Nash? what would they have to add to clowe and pavelski to land him instead of going after vanek?

Wrong thread but I don't think they'd have to add anything to Clowe+Pavelski to get Nash. Even that is overpayment, IMO, given Nash's ugly cap hit

Arrch 06-28-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBBMACBRUINS (Post 51667413)
what would they have to add to clowe and pavelski to land him

Doug Wilson's pink slip.

Layne Staley 06-28-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBBMACBRUINS (Post 51667413)
Would the sharks be interested in Nash? what would they have to add to clowe and pavelski to land him instead of going after vanek?

Vanek>Nash

And did someone say it'd have to be Vanek Stafford and a pick for Clowe and Pavelski? :laugh::laugh:

Arrch 06-28-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreddieBisco (Post 51667535)
And did someone say it'd have to be Vanek Stafford and a pick for Clowe and Pavelski? :laugh::laugh:

To get us interested? Yup.

MayDayMayDay 06-28-2012 02:49 PM

Clowe and Pavelski are both appealing names, but not interested in trading Vanek.

Hatrick Marleau 06-28-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs (Post 51666177)
To San Jose:
Vanek
Adam

To Buffalo:
Clowe
Pavelski

SJ gets a top line goal scoring winger which I've seen some posters saying is a need for the Sharks. Buffalo gets the physical presence they need and Pavelski as a versatile center/winger.

Buffalo adds about 500K in cap. Clowe is UFA next season, Vanek and Pavelski are UFA after 2 years.

The only thing I'm not sure is whether San Jose can afford to trade 2 forwards for 1 like this.

EDIT: per suggestion, adding Adam to the deal.

I rather keep Pavelski and Clowe, than getting those players back.

Inub0i 06-28-2012 03:55 PM

No thanks. Vanek's contract will be the no-no.

Perro 06-28-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilligans Island (Post 51667305)
Not a fan of Vanek's contract at all. Pass.

You can thank Edmonton for it haha

TheyAreGoodScaryGood 06-28-2012 04:05 PM

Vanek would probably get more than his contract as a ufa and I wouldnt trade vanek for nash

Stop Winnin 06-28-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood (Post 51676599)
Vanek would probably get more than his contract as a ufa and I wouldnt trade vanek for nash

:shakehead

Forget Pavelski, what would SJ want for Clowe?

AJ SF4L 06-28-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kishire (Post 51676731)
Forget Pavelski, what would SJ want for Clowe?

I think the past consensus between San Jose fans and Buffalo fans was

:sabres

Clowe
Murray

:sharks

Stafford
Leopold

thefifagod 06-28-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kishire (Post 51676731)
:shakehead

Forget Pavelski, what would SJ want for Clowe?

It'd be pretty damn close to what he makes now. He certainly wouldn't be making under 6.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.