HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Speculation: 11'/12' Offseason /Trades/Signings: Few days till Free Agency Frenzy. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1219119)

Leaf Rocket 06-28-2012 02:48 PM

11'/12' Offseason /Trades/Signings: Few days till Free Agency Frenzy.

Continue here.

ALine 06-28-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BertCorbeau
I actually predicted a couple weeks ago that Lombardi will be traded to Calgary Seems like a good fit for him

With a GM just stupid enough to pull it off. Feaster must think he's still in the terrible SE division or something. his moves make me laugh.

I don't buy the 'not a cap team' talk after this Wideman deal.

Leaf Rocket 06-28-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALine (Post 51670847)
With a GM just stupid enough to pull it off. Feaster must think he's still in the terrible SE division or something. his moves make me laugh.

well...they also have a new coach now don't they? So who knows maybe wideman will actually play some defense.

BertCorbeau 06-28-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALine (Post 51670847)

Same thing was said about JFJ when he was in Toronto.. We know though that ownership and upper management was pressuring him to 'win now'

IMO Feaster's going through the same thing in Calgary. I don't think he's that stupid, just stuck between a rock and a hard place. Wouldn't mind taking advantage of it though :laugh:

Leaf Rocket 06-28-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BertCorbeau (Post 51671131)
Same thing was said about JFJ when he was in Toronto.. We know though that ownership and upper management was pressuring him to 'win now'

IMO Feaster's going through the same thing in Calgary. I don't think he's that stupid, just stuck between a rock and a hard place. Wouldn't mind taking advantage of it though :laugh:

All their prospects is ours!

JMcLeaf 06-28-2012 03:01 PM

Hoping we go after Schultz, Arnott and Biron

Leaf Rocket 06-28-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMcLeaf (Post 51671459)
Hoping we go after Schultz, Arnott and Biron

I really would love Arnott, character guy, would be great for the kids.

Biron Im not sure if we are going to get him.

Everlong 06-28-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket (Post 51671283)
All their prospects is ours!

Backlund for Lombardi or MacArthur. :sarcasm: Yes please.

Leaf Rocket 06-28-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tootoo Train (Post 51671691)

Man I'd really want that guy, has some slick passing skill. He really impressed me when he was called up.

Phion Keneuf 06-28-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tootoo Train (Post 51671691)

Bozak > Backlund. If they want Lambo for him then sure. If they want Mac, then no.

I'd give up a crap load for Baertschi though.

SeenSchenn2 06-28-2012 03:12 PM

Quick just cashed in -- 10 year deal.

Bernier would be nice although most of you will probably disagree. Not an upgrade on Reimer right now but absolutely in the future.

Leaf Rocket 06-28-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf (Post 51672133)
Bozak > Backlund. If they want Lambo for him then sure. If they want Mac, then no.

I'd give up a crap load for Baertschi though.

Backlund has a lot of potential, don't knock him down.

BertCorbeau 06-28-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket (Post 51672341)

Lambo + Holzer for Backlund?

I like that kid too, been mistreated out here in Calgary

Leaf Rocket 06-28-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 (Post 51672335)
Quick just cashed in -- 10 year deal.

Bernier would be nice although most of you will probably disagree. Not an upgrade on Reimer right now but absolutely in the future.

do not like him at all. I never got his hype and still dont.

Phion Keneuf 06-28-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

I'd prefer Brassard if we are going for a 2nd/3rd line tweener with potential

Leaf Rocket 06-28-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BertCorbeau (Post 51672423)

I'd do it. We have depth in the defense area. So moving holzer for another first rounder and a slick playmaker who is a center with good two game is cool by me.

Leaf Rocket 06-28-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf (Post 51672507)
I'd prefer Brassard if we are going for a 2nd/3rd line tweener with potential

Brassard won't be traded, from the sounds of it he turned it around when the new coach came. They also don't have much depth in the center area for the top six. I'd like him but I dont see us getting him.

JMcLeaf 06-28-2012 03:18 PM

I hope we don't sign Penner

Everlong 06-28-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BertCorbeau (Post 51672423)

If it was Franson then sure. I love franson, but we have too many offensively minded dmen right now.

That deal frees up some capspace for bigger fish at the same time.

Drew311 06-28-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

I think Backlund's potential is a bit overblown. He hasn't shown at any level that he has top six offensive ability. He'll most likely be a good third line centre, similar to Chris Kelly.

SeenSchenn2 06-28-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew311 (Post 51672803)
I think Backlund's potential is a bit overblown. He hasn't shown at any level that he has top six offensive ability. He'll most likely be a good third line centre, similar to Chris Kelly.

This. He's nothing to write home about. I wouldn't care to lose Lambo/Holzer though.

Leaf Rocket 06-28-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew311 (Post 51672803)

I thought he played pretty outstanding when he was called up from Abbotsford. Wasn't he sent down due to the numbers game and due to players returning from the IR?

He's fairly young as well.

Dark Knight 06-28-2012 03:21 PM

Hope we go after no one.

Burke has already ruled out Parise and Suter. Not that they want to come here anyway.

I think it'll honestly be another long year in Toronto so prepare yourself for that. This team is constructed with so many holes up front. They want to instill more size but I hope its not by adding plugs on the fourth line.

We need to transition Jerry D'Amigo and Nazem Kadri to the NHL and give them a full year to gain experience.

If we suck knowing we're letting our youngsters play and develop, then I'm fine with that.

But if we suck while being up against the cap then I hope to God Burke along with his whole management crew is let go at the end of the year.

Everlong 06-28-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket (Post 51672939)
I thought he played pretty outstanding when he was called up from Abbotsford. Wasn't he sent down due to the numbers game and due to players returning from the IR?

He's fairly young as well.

The question is will Olli return as a flame. If he does then I guess Backlund 'could' be available if we give them something they can't say no to. But if Olli is gone July 1st, then it makes sense that he'd be in their lineup to start the year.

Leaf Rocket 06-28-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tootoo Train (Post 51673251)
The question is will Olli return as a flame. If he does then I guess Backlund 'could' be available if we give them something they can't say no to. But if Olli is gone July 1st, then it makes sense that he'd be in their lineup to start the year.

I don't know and there aren't much about it is there? He had a productive year there.