HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Banner Night to air on NBC Sports Network (+ A Super Bowl Sunday NBC game) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1219517)

TonySCV 06-28-2012 10:37 PM

Banner Night to air on NBC Sports Network (+ A Super Bowl Sunday NBC game)

The Los Angeles Kings appear set to get some TV recognition for their Stanley Cup Championship. NBC Sports Network will air the banner-raising from Staples Center, as the Kings host the MSG renovation road warriors from New York on October 12th. It will be the first time VERSUS/NBCSN have produced their own coverage for a Kings regular season game in Los Angeles (i.e. no simulcasts) since 2007.

Later in the year, it appears the Kings will actually get a date on NBC, with the Kings playing an unnecessarily early 12:30 p.m. ET game on Super Bowl Sunday against the Capitals. NBC typically airs a hockey game on Super Bowl Sunday when they aren't airing the game themselves.

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2012/6/2...own-appear-set

Sydor25 06-28-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonySCV (Post 51697935)
The Los Angeles Kings appear set to get some TV recognition for their Stanley Cup Championship. NBC Sports Network will air the banner-raising from Staples Center, as the Kings host the MSG renovation road warriors from New York on October 12th. It will be the first time VERSUS/NBCSN have produced their own coverage for a Kings regular season game in Los Angeles (i.e. no simulcasts) since 2007.

Later in the year, it appears the Kings will actually get a date on NBC, with the Kings playing an unnecessarily early 12:30 p.m. ET game on Super Bowl Sunday against the Capitals. NBC typically airs a hockey game on Super Bowl Sunday when they aren't airing the game themselves.

I knew NBC was showing the opening night game and that really sucks because Fox Sports will be blacked out. :( Hopefully Fox Sports will replay the game and I can record it.

Mr Los Angeles 06-28-2012 10:47 PM

**** YEA. i go to school in college station, texas so ill actually be able to watch a game now on tv

Sydor25 06-28-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Los Angeles (Post 51698487)
**** YEA. i go to school in college station, texas so ill actually be able to watch a game now on tv

You don't subscribe to Center Ice? Or gamecenter? I couldn't imagine not having center ice on DirecTV. It's awesome because they actually unblock the actual Fox Sports channels so that you can watch the pre or post game shows.

Ron 06-28-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25 (Post 51698265)
I knew NBC was showing the opening night game and that really sucks because Fox Sports will be blacked out. :( Hopefully Fox Sports will replay the game and I can record it.

Yeah, but they can't pre-empt Bob Miller this time.

He most definitely will be the master of ceremonies for the lifting of the banner. And I would think that Doc Emrick will probably have him as a guest in the booth as well.

We should petition NBC for this act of good faith just in case they don't understand or appreciate the significance of this! ;)

Mr Los Angeles 06-28-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25 (Post 51698573)
You don't subscribe to Center Ice? Or gamecenter? I couldn't imagine not having center ice on DirecTV.

being a student i cant really afford center ice (i cant split with people (like i do with mlb.tv and nba tv) since none of my friends are hockey fans) since i dont have DirecTV. ive had to watch the past season through really ****** live streaming links on the internet to actually watch the game live. so being able to actually catch a game on tv is something that is much appreciated

CTKingsFan 06-28-2012 11:16 PM

I hope it's exclusive to NBC sports so I don't get blacked out and forced to watch MSG like last year.

Although the last time I watch the opening game on MSG. We won the cup!

Sacrifices must be made!

Bad Will Hunting 06-29-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Los Angeles (Post 51698487)

Are you going to change your name to "Mr College Station, Texas"?

I don't think we can allow a part time resident to hold the crown of Mr Los Angeles.

We are going to appoint Rorschach as the new "Mr Los Angeles" please give him your Mini Hollywood sign and your buy one get one free Phillipe's french dip card.

kingsholygrail 06-29-2012 10:23 AM

On a Friday? YES! Don't have to take time off work. :D

TonySCV 06-29-2012 10:35 AM

BTW.. good on NBCSN for televising the banner raising. It's nowhere near an ideal situation for them because the game starts so late for east coast viewers (I'm surprised the start time for the game wasn't at least moved up to 7PM. That may still happen.)

They have traditionally televised the banner ceremony in years past so I'm glad they're continuing to do so even if it'll be a ratings disappointment given the actual game won't even start until 11:00PM Eastern with the ceremony prior.

- T

Jason Lewis 06-29-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25 (Post 51698573)
You don't subscribe to Center Ice? Or gamecenter? I couldn't imagine not having center ice on DirecTV. It's awesome because they actually unblock the actual Fox Sports channels so that you can watch the pre or post game shows.

I love Center Ice. I can watch the Sabres at 4, the Kings at 7:30. It's like....7 hours of hockey most nights :handclap:

KingsFan7824 06-29-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonySCV (Post 51713601)
BTW.. good on NBCSN for televising the banner raising. It's nowhere near an ideal situation for them because the game starts so late for east coast viewers (I'm surprised the start time for the game wasn't at least moved up to 7PM. That may still happen.)

They have traditionally televised the banner ceremony in years past so I'm glad they're continuing to do so even if it'll be a ratings disappointment given the actual game won't even start until 11:00PM Eastern with the ceremony prior.

- T

I'm guessing that's why it's the Rangers as the opponent.

KINGS17 06-29-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo (Post 51712691)
Are you going to change your name to "Mr College Station, Texas"?

I don't think we can allow a part time resident to hold the crown of Mr Los Angeles.

We are going to appoint Rorschach as the new "Mr Los Angeles" please give him your Mini Hollywood sign and your buy one get one free Phillipe's french dip card.

You know College Station has no answer for the torta!

Bad Will Hunting 06-29-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINGS17 (Post 51716907)

Nicely played Sir!

Herby 06-29-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonySCV (Post 51697935)

I personally love the early starts, one thing I miss about the West Coast.

College Football starts every Saturday at 9. NFL starts at 10. Usually always an NHL game on at 10 each weekend day. It's awesome. Breakfast with the Kings for one date next year will be fun.

And hey, I'm happy they are visiting DC later in the year. Like after 1/20.

Vamos Rafa 06-29-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaygokings (Post 51715229)
I love Center Ice. I can watch the Sabres at 4, the Kings at 7:30. It's like....7 hours of hockey most nights :handclap:

It must suck for our East Coast Kings fans. Waiting until 10:30 for most nights.

Mr Los Angeles 06-29-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo (Post 51712691)
please give him your Mini Hollywood sign and your buy one get one free Phillipe's french dip card.

you have no idea how badly i miss my double dip beef with swiss

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINGS17 (Post 51716907)

oddly enough, in my full year in aggieland, or anywhere in texas, i have not been able to find a single place that sells tortas.

Bad Will Hunting 06-29-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Los Angeles (Post 51739829)

oddly enough, in my full year in aggieland, or anywhere in texas, i have not been able to find a single place that sells tortas.

Next time you can make it to Santa Ana, I will buy you a torta*

*certain restrictions apply