HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   2012 Free Agency II (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1219519)

Fel 96 06-28-2012 10:38 PM

2012 Free Agency II
 
Continue.

Thread #1

squidz* 06-28-2012 10:40 PM

No fun, good for nothing fuzz showing up to ruin our perfectly good thread plan...

Victorious Secret 06-28-2012 10:40 PM

Way to take up the last 3 posts of the other thread. :laugh:

Fel 96 06-28-2012 10:41 PM

I just came back from the gym.

What a timing.

Victorious Secret 06-28-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fel 96 (Post 51698137)
I just came back from the gym.

What a timing.

You misspelled Tim Hortons. :sarcasm:

TaLoN 06-28-2012 10:47 PM

So ummm... Fel... can you post the Waiver rules in the OP of the FAQs thread?

So people stop assuming 1-way vs 2-way decides waiver elegibility... when that has nothing to do with it?

Victorious Secret 06-28-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaLoN (Post 51698423)
So ummm... Fel... can you post the Waiver rules in the OP of the FAQs thread?

So people stop assuming 1-way vs 2-way decides waiver elegibility...

Man up. Demand it.

FUBAR McDangles 06-28-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victorious Secret (Post 51698367)
You misspelled Tim Hortons. :sarcasm:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Anybody think Doan would consider the Wild? I'm sure it was talked about but you basement shut-ins are moving too fast lately :sarcasm:

squidz* 06-28-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fel 96 (Post 51698137)
I just came back from the gym.

What a timing.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...01969717_n.jpg

squidz* 06-28-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyratoku (Post 51698515)
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Anybody think Doan would consider the Wild? I'm sure it was talked about but you basement shut-ins are moving too fast lately :sarcasm:

I live on the second floor thankyouverymuch.

Sportsfan1 06-28-2012 10:49 PM

Big day, Schneider re-signs in Vancouver to no ones surprise, nobody still wants Luon8o except the Panthers for nothing, oh and the Nucks still suck. ;)

Jokes aside busy day to be stuck working all day.

Victorious Secret 06-28-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyratoku (Post 51698515)
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Anybody think Doan would consider the Wild? I'm sure it was talked about but you basement shut-ins are moving too fast lately :sarcasm:

It wasn't talked about too much actually.

There has been talk of him going to Winnipeg, for the sheer factor that its the Jets. I don't know, I could see him going to Detroit, like many old players do to end their career. A contender, thats all I know.

Dr Jan Itor 06-28-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyratoku (Post 51698515)
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Anybody think Doan would consider the Wild? I'm sure it was talked about but you basement shut-ins are moving too fast lately :sarcasm:

If he leaves Phoenix, I thought I heard he didn't want to go far. I'd say SJ makes a little bit of sense for him.

Victorious Secret 06-28-2012 11:02 PM

New to me. I didn't think he would go within the division. Wishful thinking, I guess.

Sportsfan1 06-28-2012 11:04 PM

The Schultz news really surprised me, I still highly doubt he picks Minnesota though over the Canadian teams or even NYR because they all are very good situations for him. If nothing else though, he can be an example for other FA's who cut Detroit and Pittsburgh out of the mix and are instead considering up and coming teams like the Wild. :sarcasm:

Victorious Secret 06-28-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 (Post 51699329)
The Schultz news really surprised me, I still highly doubt he picks Minnesota though over the Canadian teams or even NYR because they all are very good situations for him. If nothing else though, he can be an example for other FA's who cut Detroit and Pittsburgh out of the mix and are instead considering up and coming teams like the Wild. :sarcasm:

You had me, and then you included the sarcasm sign. I hope that it does set an example showing the WIld are actually open for business. Don't know why the sarcasm sign is there.

squidz* 06-28-2012 11:08 PM

NYR and Toronto would be awful situations for him. Neither has room for him in the lineup, so he'd be banished to the AHL almost for certain. Ottawa could be the best situation for him. I don't think Edmonton or Vancouver would be wise choices though. As for teams that fit his alleged wants and needs, I'd rank the fit as OTT>MIN>EDM>VAN>NYR>TOR.

Victorious Secret 06-28-2012 11:10 PM

I don't know about that Ottawa have a better D corps than us, by far. I don't see him getting as much time as he would here. If Fletcher would promise a spot, I'm sure that we could get him to sign.

bozak911 06-28-2012 11:13 PM

Fletch can easily promise a spot.

Gilbert - Schultz
Scandella - Brodin
Stoner - Spurgeon

If Justin Schultz is indeed the second coming of Scott Neidermeyer... :sarcasm:

I have issues with the entire Schultz debacle...

Victorious Secret 06-28-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bozak911 (Post 51699693)
Fletch can easily promise a spot.

Gilbert - Schultz
Scandella - Brodin
Stoner - Spurgeon

If Justin Schultz is indeed the second coming of Scott Neidermeyer... :sarcasm:

I have issues with the entire Schultz debacle...

Fletch said that he hasn't promised a spot and wouldn't do that. I hope that changes. If thats what it takes, do it.

Yea, the Schultz issue stinks of raunchy ethics.

TaLoN 06-28-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bozak911 (Post 51699693)
Fletch can easily promise a spot.

Gilbert - Schultz
Scandella - Brodin
Stoner - Spurgeon

If Justin Schultz is indeed the second coming of Scott Neidermeyer... :sarcasm:

I have issues with the entire Schultz debacle...

Then we end up with this! :sarcasm:

Suter - Schultz
Brodin - Gilbert
Scandella - Spurgeon
Stoner

squidz* 06-28-2012 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victorious Secret (Post 51699583)
I don't know about that Ottawa have a better D corps than us, by far. I don't see him getting as much time as he would here. If Fletcher would promise a spot, I'm sure that we could get him to sign.

Ottawa only has 4 defensemen under contract for next season at the moment, and doesn't have much for prospects knocking on the door in that regard. I think their situation is better for him because he can earn a top 4 spot, has a great shot at the NHL roster, but still has quality players in a safe environment to lean on. In Minnesota, if he earns a spot and someone flounders, it could get dicey pretty quickly if he doesn't have a perfect adjustment period. In Ottawa they have the reigning Norris trophy winner, two grizzled veterans in Phillips and Gonchar, and an up and comer in Cowen. It just seems like a much more stable environment than what we can offer.

squidz* 06-28-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bozak911 (Post 51699693)
Fletch can easily promise a spot.

Gilbert - Schultz
Scandella - Brodin
Stoner - Spurgeon

If Justin Schultz is indeed the second coming of Scott Neidermeyer... :sarcasm:

I have issues with the entire Schultz debacle...

With those players, I think we're far more likely to see:

Brodin-Gilbert
Scandella-Schultz
Stoner-Spurgeon

Righties on the right and lefties on the left. Brodin with the vet and Schultz with Scandella.

Victorious Secret 06-28-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squidz (Post 51699875)
Ottawa only has 4 defensemen under contract for next season at the moment, and doesn't have much for prospects knocking on the door in that regard. I think their situation is better for him because he can earn a top 4 spot, has a great shot at the NHL roster, but still has quality players in a safe environment to lean on. In Minnesota, if he earns a spot and someone flounders, it could get dicey pretty quickly if he doesn't have a perfect adjustment period. In Ottawa they have the reigning Norris trophy winner, two grizzled veterans in Phillips and Gonchar, and an up and comer in Cowen. It just seems like a much more stable environment than what we can offer.

Mmm. Sound reasoning. I'd like to say their prospect pool can't hold a light to ours, but that would be wrong. So I'd be wrong in saying we have a brighter future. Ottawa seems like a good fit, but it looks like their top 4 is basically set already.

Sportsfan1 06-28-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victorious Secret (Post 51699407)
You had me, and then you included the sarcasm sign. I hope that it does set an example showing the WIld are actually open for business. Don't know why the sarcasm sign is there.

I'm still learning the emoticons and that was the wrong one, no sarcasm intended there. :) I don't see a fit in Vancouver, and yes Ottawa is stable but VERY deep on the blueline, so are the Rangers, the two teams that offer the best opportunity to me is Edmonton and Minnesota, so it's can Fletcher outsell the Oilers on our future? Guess we'll find out.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.