HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   That Move You Always Try (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1219597)

Reclamation Project 06-29-2012 12:39 AM

That Move You Always Try

Everyone has the move you try during warm ups or practice. What is it. Crazy dekes? Backhand? Lacrosse style? Fake slap shot? Post it! Lately I've been working on this beauty and I finally scored on it :laugh:....

hitmanjat 06-29-2012 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reclamation Project (Post 51702657)
Everyone has the move you try during warm ups or practice. What is it. Crazy dekes? Backhand? Lacrosse style? Fake slap shot? Post it! Lately I've been working on this beauty and I finally scored on it :laugh:....

Sick, sick goal, that wasnt just a move but a series of moves.

For me its forehand backhand high under the bar, its my go to move on breakaways.

I tried the forsberg/datsuky drag backhand but not much luck

Man Bear Pig 06-29-2012 03:27 AM

I use Datsyuks moves usually. The one-hand backhander when you're way over on your stickside and the one where you make the goalie bite hard on the shot and go to your backhand side and just flip it up...makes the goalie look foolish when done right. Difficult move when skating really fast though. Takes some practice.

epo 06-29-2012 04:46 AM

Wrap around on the forehand and shooting a backhand behind the back.

sully61 06-29-2012 08:39 AM

The triple deke

michaelshu 06-29-2012 09:58 AM

Did you guys find that it's harder to score with fancy moves on less-skilled goalies who would just stay there and won't react to any bait you made?

Well, of course it's also easier to just shoot at em.. but you know, we're talking about experimenting here.

Jarick 06-29-2012 10:07 AM

Toe drag puck to skate, kick back up to stick. More for hand-eye than anything else.

TUCKER 06 06-29-2012 01:21 PM

fake shot/leg pump, pull across to back-hand, then to front again to slip it in. I've only been about 2 for 6 with it. I definitely need more deeking praccy.

CunniJA 06-29-2012 02:44 PM

Flying V

WithOutPaperss 06-29-2012 06:54 PM

Puck through my legs while I'm skating...never do it during the game though.

kr580 06-29-2012 07:05 PM

I'm left-hand shot and the only move I can seem to get work is where I go straight down the gut, or start from the left of the slot, going fast. The faster the better. I have no fancy movement coming in but just as I get in front of the crease I break hard to the right and immediately shoot for the left post. Most goalies at my level (low) expect me to just keep going straight and panic/bite hard on the move to the right and open up the left side just enough.

PaperworkNinja 06-30-2012 12:48 AM

Dribble to toe drag to short saucer over the opponent's stick/goalie's pad/other obstruction. Much easier with a roller hockey puck on smooth concrete than on the ice.

GrafSk8r12 06-30-2012 01:07 AM

The move Datsyuk did on Turco and Vokoun. I actually pulled it off during a pro tryout at the beginning of this season and got on the local news a couple times. Highlight of my career, haha!

O23L 06-30-2012 09:20 PM

Toe drag it back and flip it up, then juggle it around and try to catch it on my stick.

Rumcajs 06-30-2012 11:22 PM

The spin o rama on a defensemen.

So far it works 25 percent of the time.

Danglous 07-01-2012 10:55 AM

1-on-1 against D-man I like to push the puck up a little and fake sprint to the forehand side, then as soon as the D-man commits, I toe drag to the other side and rip a shot all in the same motion. It doesnt work every time but when it does it looks pretty.

The first time I did it was an accident, I basically just reacted to what was in front of me and discovered a really nice move which I use all the time now. Funny how it works that way.

SCritical 07-02-2012 05:30 AM

I try the Mike Legg move in warm ups and open hockey. Alot of my team mates do as well, but I would never ever do it in a game!

Blueland89 07-02-2012 10:32 AM

through the legs from behind and kick up with the skate

PuckHogs29 07-02-2012 01:47 PM

When the goalie is in net I shoot 5 hole a lot in warm ups. If I'm putting it clean through there I feel good about accuracy. If the goalie's out I try to snap it just under the cross bar, if I do that regularly I feel confident that my shot's working that night.

OkimLom 07-02-2012 03:20 PM

I know this might sound confusing so here are the steps broken down slowly(ive pulled it off once by accident and once on purpose(this was two games later))

1. came on a breakaway put the puck between the legs
2. heel kicked the puck to my stick
3. forehand to backhand to forehand
4. lost the puck for the second backhand attempt
5. "Forsberg" move.

The first time I did it I kind of laughed. Nobody knew what they saw. Following faceoff ref went up to me and said nice move but did u do that on purpose?, I smirked and said it was part of the plan...Second time I did steps 1-3 it to a defensemen and did the last part when I got around them, just skipped over step 4.:laugh:

now everyone on the team expects a dangle from me each game. The thing is I can't pull moves off like most can. I'm usually a simple play kind of guy. Get a shot on and go to the net. I have a good shot, dont need to deke.

v3rs3 07-02-2012 04:17 PM

Definitely spin-o-rama in front of the goalie knocking it in backhanded.

I haven't had any of the league goalies stop one yet since I started doing it.

Christmas Izzy 07-02-2012 05:19 PM

That Datsyuk move where he pulls in in on his backhand... Can't link the video since I'm on my phone, but I'm sure you know what I mean. It's easy to do, but difficult to make it keep going forward

SkyKushryd 07-05-2012 08:11 PM

The move I'm trying to get going now goes like this: I pull it backhand, then forehand and I move towards that side of the net, then at the last second I stop hard and quickly pull it to my backhand and put it in.

Most of the time the goalie is moving to cover the forehand and cant change his momentum as quick as I can, the only problem is I cant always corral the puck on my backhand because i try to do it so quickly.

If that makes any sense.

Hank4Hart 07-05-2012 08:34 PM

i try the hasek taking out gaborik move a lot

OrangeZebra 07-07-2012 04:22 PM

Slap-shot from the point