HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Dallas Stars (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Proposal: Flames fan here (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1219627)

Flamesarmstrong22 06-29-2012 02:17 AM

Flames fan here
 
With Calgary looking to shed some salary after the wideman signing and the stars (IMO) desperately needing some depth at C after the Ribeiro trade and needing to get to the cap floor I was thinking that maybe a Calgary-dal trade around Matt stajan would work. He Carrys a 3.5 mil cap and hasn't played well in Calgary thus far, however at the end of the season playing on the 1st line he did very well with iggy. Anyways he could possibly slide into your #1 C but most Likely your 2C and help you guys reach the floor.

How does a deal like, stajan and a 5th for the rights to mark fistric sound?

I don't know stars fans view on fistric but the flames need a #6 D who can play physical so I think he would be pretty good on the flames.
If not fistric maybe stajan for a 3rd?

Thoughts??

Brand New Stars 06-29-2012 02:48 AM

Don't want any part of Stajan even if it's to reach the floor.

SolidusAKA 06-29-2012 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brand New Stars (Post 51704859)
Don't want any part of Stajan even if it's to reach the floor.

I dunno, he did also throw in that juicy 5th, the more we can get the better

Ogi1Kenobi 06-29-2012 04:15 AM

I want no part of Stajan either. The guy is overpaid, has a NTC, and has underachieved since he was traded to Calgary. He also plays on the 4th line on the Flames, that's how bad he is.

Besides, I'd rather Joe Nieuwendyk throw 3.5 mil.+ at someone like Peter Muller.

Captain Awesome 06-29-2012 04:30 AM

The only thing that sticks out to me in this thread is how the **** did Matt Stajan get an NTC?

Hegemon21 06-29-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Awesome (Post 51705393)
The only thing that sticks out to me in this thread is how the **** did Matt Stajan get an NTC?

It may just be the second biggest mystery in the universe next to, "Why are we here?"

Arpi3080 06-29-2012 10:26 AM

Our target is jokinen and not stajan. Do you want pardy back for 5th rounder?

Frozen Failure 06-29-2012 10:40 AM

I would take Stajan back over OJ given their respective contract statuses and wishes.

piqued 06-29-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen Failure (Post 51713837)
I would take Stajan back over OJ given their respective contract statuses and wishes.

You are the one person who loves Stajan.

Frozen Failure 06-29-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piqued (Post 51714519)
You are the one person who loves Stajan.

Well let's see...a 29 YO defensively responsible 2/3c with good FO skills and 45-50 point potential on a 2 year contract with a 3.5 caphit and 2.5 real dollars who you could get for scraps, of which you have plenty of, versus...

Olli Jokinen, a 1 (on a mediocre team)/2c on a better team, with terrible FO skills, good enough defense, on a potential 3+ year contract worth 5mil+ in free agency. He's also 33.

I'll take Stajan give the condition of our team.

I'd take Stajan and Brett Carson for Fistric.

LatvianTwist 06-29-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen Failure (Post 51715315)
Well let's see...a 29 YO defensively responsible 2/3c with good FO skills and 45-50 point potential on a 2 year contract with a 3.5 caphit and 2.5 real dollars who you could get for scraps, of which you have plenty of, versus...

Olli Jokinen, a 1 (on a mediocre team)/2c on a better team, with terrible FO skills, good enough defense, on a potential 3+ year contract worth 5mil+ in free agency. He's also 33.

I'll take Stajan give the condition of our team.

I'd take Stajan and Brett Carson for Fistric.

Fiddler scored more points than he did last year. I don't know much about him, but prove to me that wasn't an anomaly or I'm not interested.

Hegemon21 06-29-2012 11:57 AM

In Calgary Stajan has been spare to quite spare. He had a couple 50 point seasons with the leafs a while ago but besides that...

TrueGrit 06-29-2012 12:26 PM

I believe Calgary has 10 defensemen on 1-way contracts now. Not even worth discussing.

Modo 06-29-2012 12:43 PM

Count me as another one who would prefer Stajan over Jokinen.

I don't think Olli's the right fit for the Stars.

Frozen Failure 06-29-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LatvianTwist (Post 51717523)
Fiddler scored more points than he did last year. I don't know much about him, but prove to me that wasn't an anomaly or I'm not interested.

Check this **** out.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/play.../gamelog/2012/

And here's 09-10 game log.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/play.../gamelog/2010/

Notice anything? With ice time (and linemates that are not Tim Jackman and an AHLer) he can produce. I think the guys we would put him with would be far better than anything Calgary could staple to his wings.

glovesave_35 06-29-2012 12:46 PM

Honestly wouldn't mind if we got Stajan. Not sure how I feel about Jokinen; I suppose it would depend on what kind of contract we could get him to sign.

Like someone else said I'd rather just throw some decent money at Mueller and go from there.

Frozen Failure 06-29-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glovesave_35 (Post 51720923)
Honestly wouldn't mind if we got Stajan. Not sure how I feel about Jokinen; I suppose it would depend on what kind of contract we could get him to sign.

Like someone else said I'd rather just throw some decent money at Mueller and go from there.

Gotta take injury history in to account. Of course, I would take Mueller (skillset, age, contract) over Stajan's. But then you remember Mueller has been out for a billion years (in hockey terms) due to a nasty concussion.

Mueller may be available on a short contract because of that, but there are risks even there. Do we want to take that risk? Should we try to get both Mueller and Stajan to give Eakin more time in the AHL? Overall organizational depth? It won't kill us to pick up both, because we have more money than roster spots right now.

I'd even eat Babchuk's contract if we could move Fistric.

Modo 06-29-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen Failure (Post 51721335)
Gotta take injury history in to account. Of course, I would take Mueller (skillset, age, contract) over Stajan's. But then you remember Mueller has been out for a billion years (in hockey terms) due to a nasty concussion.

Mueller may be available on a short contract because of that, but there are risks even there. Do we want to take that risk? Should we try to get both Mueller and Stajan to give Eakin more time in the AHL? Overall organizational depth? It won't kill us to pick up both, because we have more money than roster spots right now.

I'd even eat Babchuk's contract if we could move Fistric.

You know those are the kinds of low-key moves we've seen GM Joe make before.

Well, not lately I guess with the Ribs deal, but going after the lesser free agents like Burish and Fiddler.

I guess management's keeping their cards close, don't know whether they're going to be burning up the phone lines this weekend trying to land Suter or Parise. But if that race is over at noon, Joe's going to turn to Plan B. Or C, if necessary, whatever that is.

LatvianTwist 06-29-2012 02:38 PM

I'd rather go after a younger option than Stajan anyways.

Frozen Failure 06-29-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LatvianTwist (Post 51727817)
I'd rather go after a younger option than Stajan anyways.

Ok please find one that only costs us a player who contributes nothing to scoring.

Brand New Stars 06-29-2012 03:45 PM

Unless we're going based off stats from multiple years ago, one could argue that Stajan provides almost nothing to scoring.

Frozen Failure 06-29-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brand New Stars (Post 51731419)
Unless we're going based off stats from multiple years ago, one could argue that Stajan provides almost nothing to scoring.

I'm pretty sure that's not the case given that Stajan contributes almost an infinite amount more than Fistric.

Jere26 06-29-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modo (Post 51720759)
Count me as another one who would prefer Stajan over Jokinen.

I don't think Olli's the right fit for the Stars.

This. I don't want to see Jokinen anywhere near this franchise. I disliked him even before he came over to NA as he isn't the brightest person out there and seriously doubt he's the right person to move this team forward.

Back to topic: Yeah, I'd say no to Stajan as well.

piqued 06-29-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozen Failure (Post 51731615)
I'm pretty sure that's not the case given that Stajan contributes almost an infinite amount more than Fistric.

For some reason I'd rather not have a defense where our toughest player is 5'11" and 35 years old.

Satan 06-29-2012 09:47 PM

I want to post the nogodno gif but I'm on a playbook


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.