HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   HF Article: LA Kings 2012 Draft Review (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1219765)

BigBrown 06-29-2012 11:06 AM

LA Kings 2012 Draft Review
 
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...-draft-review/

Good stuff.

Telos 06-29-2012 11:15 AM

Awesome stuff. Good write up, thanks Andrew.

rajuabju 06-29-2012 11:17 AM

A good read for sure.

IMO, from the little I've read about each pick, none of them, including Pearson, are ever sure bets to make the NHL.

At the same time, any one of them could turn out to be a huge steal, not unlike some of the guys we've picked up in later rounds recently.

At the worst, a few seem like good depth guys for Manchester & Ontario.

Flour Child 06-29-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajuabju (Post 51715645)
IMO, from the little I've read about each pick, none of them, including Pearson, are ever sure bets to make the NHL.

No draft picks are though. The job of the scouts is to prognosticate what these players are going to be like in 4 years. Some of them boom, while others have already reached their career potential

kingsfan 06-29-2012 01:40 PM

I'm most interested in seeing what our latest Russian pickup does. Been solid returns on Voynov and Loktionov, while Kitsyn remains a viable prospect, though his future is even more uncertain now than it was 2 years ago. DL seems to do well with his picks from Russia, and apparently this kid is a funny charatcer, so i hope he does well in LA.

I think this draft will go down as a solid draft, but very unspectacular one where we'll be surprised in hindsight how well we did simply because none of these guys will be stars, but a lot will be 3rd/4th line forwards or third-pairing D-men regulars.

TonySCV 06-29-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telos (Post 51715519)
Awesome stuff. Good write up, thanks Andrew.

Weird.. it lists Ken McKenna and Andrew. Oh well. Thanks to both :)

KingPurpleDinosaur 06-29-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajuabju (Post 51715645)
A good read for sure.

IMO, from the little I've read about each pick, none of them, including Pearson, are ever sure bets to make the NHL.

At the same time, any one of them could turn out to be a huge steal, not unlike some of the guys we've picked up in later rounds recently.

At the worst, a few seem like good depth guys for Manchester & Ontario.

feels like a weak draft overall. but if pearson proves next year that he's not a 1 year fluke, then his value should rocket up to where Toffoli is. And I don't mind having two players like him

Rorschach 06-29-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur (Post 51730451)
feels like a weak draft overall. but if pearson proves next year that he's not a 1 year fluke, then his value should rocket up to where Toffoli is. And I don't mind having two players like him

Exactly. And Pearson is more a Kings type of player than Toffoli appears to be...the new Cup-winning Sutter-style Kings.

KopitarFAN 06-29-2012 04:53 PM

Pearson probably won't get another chance to put "holy ****" type numbers like Toffoli did post-draft as he will likely go to the AHL.

Andrew Knoll 06-29-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonySCV (Post 51729119)
Weird.. it lists Ken McKenna and Andrew. Oh well. Thanks to both :)


That is a glitch in the new HF system, the editors post them and get the top byline, the author's name goes at the bottom. As it looks, Ken and Ian Altenbaugh are robots programmed to crank out prospects content with being fed, hydrated or rested hahahaha.

Obviously the Kings didn't have a lot to work with in terms of picks, but they still seemed to manage to make a little splash anyway. If nothing else they restocked Manchester a little bit and took a couple of big swings with the Russian kid and Mr. Nobody.

Thanks for the kind words. I'll still be kicking out Kings stuff next year but more feature content than updates and stuff. Either Josh Deitell will be back from his Swedish adventure or we'll bring in a new guy. Either way I'll still be around the team all the time so you can direct any questions to me if the Mayor is busy organizing his Dodger hats or something.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.