HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Speculation: Rangers Who Will Make Team USA in 2014 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1219797)

KingWantsCup 06-29-2012 11:33 AM

Rangers Who Will Make Team USA in 2014

I know it's a while away but it's just one of those summer threads, purely for fun. :P The Rangers are basically team USA, and we keep pumping in more Americans each year. The following guys are locks IMO.

Callahan - Duh.

Kreider - Will be 23 and will have proven he's a very solid offensive player. Over the full 13'-14' season he's probably a 25ish goal scorer.

McDonagh - Will be 25 and beginning to enter his prime. Likely a
or ~40 point shut down D-man by then.

PARISE - Yeah, I said it! ;)

Who's making team USA in 2014 in your book?

Edit: How could I forget D-step! Definitely gonna make the squad.

Miamipuck 06-29-2012 11:40 AM

Most likely

Callahan
McD
Kreider - Same as Stepan much better in 1 1/2 years.
Stepan - He should be much better in 1 1/2 years.

Kreider Typical 06-29-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingWantsCup (Post 51716629)
I know it's a while away but it's just one of those summer threads, purely for fun. :P The Rangers are basically team USA, and we keep pumping in more Americans each year. The following guys are locks IMO.

Callahan - Duh.

Kreider - Will be 23 and will have proven he's a very solid offensive player. Over the full 13'-14' season he's probably a 25ish goal scorer.

McDonagh - Will be 25 and beginning to enter his prime. Likely a
or ~40 point shut down D-man by then.

PARISE - Yeah, I said it! ;)

Who's making team USA in 2014 in your book?

throw stepan in and take parise out. girardi would not surprise me in the least bit with all the press he has received.

silverfish 06-29-2012 11:43 AM

Callahan and McDonagh should be locks.

Kreider and Stepan pending their development, but it will be interesting because both have been more than willing to play for team USA not only at the WJC but the WC as well.

Just ready for Islanders fans to protest when 3/4 those guys make it and Okposo is "snubbed" again.

Also, can't wait until someone comes in this thread and says JT Miller :sarcasm:

silverfish 06-29-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooskating (Post 51717187)
throw stepan in and take parise out. girardi would not surprise me in the least bit with all the press he has received.

Girardi is Canadian ;)

Affinity 06-29-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooskating (Post 51717187)

I don't know it would be pretty surprising if a Canadian made Team USA.

Miamipuck 06-29-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfish (Post 51717275)
Callahan and McDonagh should be locks.

Kreider and Stepan pending their development, but it will be interesting because both have been more than willing to play for team USA not only at the WJC but the WC as well.

Just ready for Islanders fans to protest when 3/4 those guys make it and Okposo is "snubbed" again.

Also, can't wait until someone comes in this thread and says JT Miller :sarcasm:

Brady Skjei

Boo Nieves

NYR Sting 06-29-2012 11:47 AM

Callahan and McDonagh are locks, and Stepan and Kreider are probable.

WhipNash27 06-29-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miamipuck (Post 51717071)
Most likely

Callahan
McD
Kreider - Same as Stepan much better in 1 1/2 years.
Stepan - He should be much better in 1 1/2 years.

I think these four would be it. Of course if Dubinsky can resurrect his career, he has a shot.
Then there's also Erixon, although unless he blows the doors off the place, it'd be hard for him to get a shot.

NY Lito 06-29-2012 11:47 AM

Callahan, McDonagh, and Kreider are locks.

Maybe Stepan and Miller.

silverfish 06-29-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY Lito (Post 51717569)
Callahan, McDonagh, and Kreider are locks.

Maybe Stepan and Miller.

There it is! Took longer than I thought it would to be honest...

McDonagh 06-29-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 (Post 51717541)
I think these four would be it. Of course if Dubinsky can resurrect his career, he has a shot.
Then there's also Erixon, although unless he blows the doors off the place, it'd be hard for him to get a shot.

I thought Erixon considered himself Swedish

New York RKY 06-29-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDonagh (Post 51717931)

He was born in America and raised in Sweden. In international tournaments he'd probably consider himself Swedish.

silverfish 06-29-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDonagh (Post 51717931)

Correct. Erixon has played a ton internationally for Sweden.

Team USA should be pretty solid on D though..

McDonagh, JMFJ, Suter, Erik Johnson, Yandle, Leddy...(among many others)

Oh and let's not forget Skjei of course

Fitzy 06-29-2012 12:00 PM

2014? A lot can happen between now and then.

Callahan and McDonagh are, as previously said, very likely. But the best way to tell is to look at the competition.

Lets look at the 2012 squad and who might compete at each position...

Center: Stastny, Kane, Pavelski, Kelser will all be in their prime. Stepan would have to beat one of them, unless Pat Kane was deployed on the wing.

Wings: USA strength. Ryan, Brown, Kessel, Parise, Backes are the locks. 5 guys. Cally makes 6. Malone, Langenbrunner can be upgraded on. If Jaime is even playing then. Drury is obviously retired. There is a spot for Kreider here if he becomes a 30 goal guy. Maybe. The U.S. has a lot of good young wingers.

Defense: Suter, EJ, JJ are locks. Rafalski is retired, Gleason and Orpik might fight for a 7th spot, but I think that McD will, barring taking several steps back will absolutely be on the roster. Probably top 4.

And this isn't even including new guys that have broken the scene more recently like Cam Fowler.

Kreider Typical 06-29-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfish (Post 51717307)
Girardi is Canadian ;)

:O it'll happen. you'll see

McDonagh27 06-29-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfish (Post 51717307)
Girardi is Canadian ;)

mooskating, there are already enough Americans on this team. Let us canuck Rangers fans have a few guys to be proud of! :)

RGY 06-29-2012 12:16 PM

I think JT Miller makes a strong case.

ecemleafs 06-29-2012 12:16 PM

this will be on international ice so skating will be important. i consider callahan almost a lock if hes healthy. i'd put mcdonagh on the team today so in a year and a half id expect him to be even better.

Ih8theislanders 06-29-2012 12:34 PM

Callahan and McDonagh are locks. Stepan has a decent chance. Kreider/Dubinsky may sneak on.

n8 06-29-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antithesis (Post 51718385)
2014? A lot can happen between now and then.

Callahan and McDonagh are, as previously said, very likely. But the best way to tell is to look at the competition.

Lets look at the 2012 squad and who might compete at each position...

Center: Stastny, Kane, Pavelski, Kelser will all be in their prime. Stepan would have to beat one of them, unless Pat Kane was deployed on the wing.

Wings: USA strength. Ryan, Brown, Kessel, Parise, Backes are the locks. 5 guys. Cally makes 6. Malone, Langenbrunner can be upgraded on. If Jaime is even playing then. Drury is obviously retired. There is a spot for Kreider here if he becomes a 30 goal guy. Maybe. The U.S. has a lot of good young wingers.

Defense: Suter, EJ, JJ are locks. Rafalski is retired, Gleason and Orpik might fight for a 7th spot, but I think that McD will, barring taking several steps back will absolutely be on the roster. Probably top 4.

And this isn't even including new guys that have broken the scene more recently like Cam Fowler.

was gonna say Brown but this list covers it. Langenbrunner is gonna be freakin' old in 2014. like 38? no way he makes it then.

Stugots 06-29-2012 12:59 PM

Competition will be stiff, what with the number American-born players increasing in the last 10 years, but I still see Callahan and McD making it. Though Cally will most likely be on the third line.

Draft Guru 06-29-2012 01:04 PM

JT Miller? Let's get real fellas.

Brian Boyle 06-29-2012 01:08 PM

Boo Nieves

Also next year's 2nd round pick

Clowes Line 06-29-2012 01:08 PM

Kreider, McDonagh, Callahan.