HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   News Article: Michael Del Zotto: Faith in the Future (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1220623)

bobbop 06-30-2012 11:44 AM

Michael Del Zotto: Faith in the Future

From NHLPA site.

http://www.nhlpa.com/news/headlines/...-in-the-future

haveandare 06-30-2012 12:28 PM

Not a bad article. Not sure how I feel about the implication that NYR didn't "make noise" in the playoffs, though. Getting to the ECF is pretty noisy to me.

I hope DZ sticks around - kid really seems to love NYC and the franchise and he seems to have a lot of faith in this roster.

JayQueensNY88* 06-30-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haveandare (Post 51769609)
Not a bad article. Not sure how I feel about the implication that NYR didn't "make noise" in the playoffs, though. Getting to the ECF is pretty noisy to me.

I hope DZ sticks around - kid really seems to love NYC and the franchise and he seems to have a lot of faith in this roster.

They made no noise man..if it wasnt for Henke they would have been out in round 1..There playoff run was far from stellar or impressive...they made it through every rnd by the skin of there teeth... Im still glad they made wherr they did,but this team still has more to learn step by step,they will only get better.

JayQueensNY88* 06-30-2012 04:13 PM

As for MDZ I been a big supporter n fan of him since he was drafted..Im still saying he is going be a consistant 55-60 pt D man...

RGY 06-30-2012 05:19 PM

I want this kid here for the rest of his career

haveandare 06-30-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 (Post 51786907)
They made no noise man..if it wasnt for Henke they would have been out in round 1..There playoff run was far from stellar or impressive...they made it through every rnd by the skin of there teeth... Im still glad they made wherr they did,but this team still has more to learn step by step,they will only get better.

Difference of opinion I guess. A team that hasn't made it past the first round in so long making it to the ECF qualifies as making noise to me. Further, they went from a team that everyone doubted to a team that most hockey fans acknowledge as true contenders now. You can say "if it weren't for player X, team Y would have been out in round 1" about the best players on a lot of good teams, that's what makes them the best players. Had they won the cup by the skin of their teeth I doubt anybody would care about how close it was. Winning is winning. They won enough to get to the point where 30 teams turned to 4. I think thats an accomplishment for a team that cycled between first round exits and missing the playoffs for a long time, but to each their own.

I think we can both agree that we're hoping for more next year :yo:

Mrpuck 06-30-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 (Post 51786907)

If it wasn't for Fleury playing like crap the Pens would have made the finals. If it wasn't for Marty standing on his head in the Finals the Devs may have not moved on. Lot of "if's" Hank is part of this team, yes our scoring sucked but we're built from the net out.

JayQueensNY88* 07-01-2012 02:36 AM

Mr Puck and Haveandare..i couldnt agree more! Def the positive way to view it...Thing is,im not looking at what other teams did,i talking about NYR. My expectations were 5-6 seed out in 2nd rnd..Thing is the topic is did they make noise.I take that as " were they impressive,stellar,show there almost unbeatable" there defenseman were horses.But they hardly made noise.I did expect more in the playoffs especially since holding 1st in the EC for so long!!! Teams tht were winning were winning in 5-6 games..NYR went 3 rnds of 7 games...struggling to get by..The tema offensively was poor,a better offense woukd have meant a cup in NY,imo....

BBKers 07-01-2012 06:16 AM

Nice read...