HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Matt Carle (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1220881)

Paralyzer008 06-30-2012 04:38 PM

Matt Carle
 
Lots of fans want this guy, where will he land?
Edmonton?
St. Louis?
Back in Philly?

He's the 2nd best option after Suter.

Ivan13 06-30-2012 04:40 PM

Garrison is better and Carle will end up in Denver.

cyris 06-30-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan13 (Post 51788399)
Garrison is better and Carle will end up in Denver.

Garrison is going to regress severely when he isnt playing beside one of the leagues best pmd in Campbell anymore. Anyone who hands him big money(and someone will) will regret it badly.

Ivan13 06-30-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyris (Post 51788585)
Garrison is going to regress severely when he isnt playing beside one of the leagues best pmd in Campbell anymore. Anyone who hands him big money(and someone will) will regret it badly.

He might regress offensively, but his defense (which is great) doesn't depend on Campbell.

SJsharks 06-30-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan13 (Post 51788399)
Garrison is better and Carle will end up in Denver.

Just curious as to why so many avs fans think carle ends up there. Is it just because he played his college hockey there or are there actual rumors?

bleedblue1223 06-30-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyris (Post 51788585)
Garrison is going to regress severely when he isnt playing beside one of the leagues best pmd in Campbell anymore. Anyone who hands him big money(and someone will) will regret it badly.

He could be playing next to Pietrangelo or Shattenkirk though. ;)

Congo Jack 06-30-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJsharks (Post 51788987)
Just curious as to why so many avs fans think carle ends up there. Is it just because he played his college hockey there or are there actual rumors?

There have been some rumors that he wants to come back to Denver and he's also good friends with Stastny IIRC

hockeyviking 06-30-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJsharks (Post 51788987)
Just curious as to why so many avs fans think carle ends up there. Is it just because he played his college hockey there or are there actual rumors?

and his wife is from there and his brother lives there =)

nowdays the avs management are so secret about deals and trades som no no actual rumors.

its only makes a lot of sense that he signs with colorado

startainfection* 06-30-2012 05:02 PM

long island

Ivan13 06-30-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJsharks (Post 51788987)
Just curious as to why so many avs fans think carle ends up there. Is it just because he played his college hockey there or are there actual rumors?

Actual rumors, I'm trying to find it on the twitter and on our boards, but I can't. It was said that he would supposedly like to go back to Colorado.

Avs_19 06-30-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJsharks (Post 51788987)
Just curious as to why so many avs fans think carle ends up there. Is it just because he played his college hockey there or are there actual rumors?

I think a lot of is coming from people like Eklund. No credible reporter/insider has mentioned the Avs when talking about Carle.

But Andy Strickland did post this today:

Quote:

I'm told Carle is interested in returning to Colorado where he attended college. He won the Hobey Baker at the University of Denver before signing with the San Jose Sharks.
http://www.truehockey.com/articles/B...ing-Matt-Carle

He's not the best guy out there when it comes to inside information but he's not bad either.

HeavyHammer 06-30-2012 05:05 PM

If you don't win the Suter-Sweepstakes, there is always Consolation-Carle!!!

*Sorry, it had to be done*

danishh 06-30-2012 05:07 PM

I doubt he's going back to philly if he hasnt signed by now. No way they match the crazy offers he'll get.

Colorado appears to be a likely destination right now. Maybe edmonton.

bleedblue1223 06-30-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avs_19 (Post 51789675)
I think a lot of is coming from people like Eklund. No credible reporter/insider has mentioned the Avs when talking about Carle.

But Andy Strickland did post this today:



http://www.truehockey.com/articles/B...ing-Matt-Carle

He's not the best guy out there when it comes to inside information but he's not bad either.

It just depends on who Strickland's source is. He takes evreything that is said to him as gold. He is only as credible as his source, so we have no idea. It makes sense that Colorado would be high on his list though.

SJsharks 06-30-2012 05:14 PM

Thanks for clearing that up guys. Sounds like Colorado could be a likely destination. Carle is a good player I would just be scared of the price tag he'll come with

Muffin 06-30-2012 05:15 PM

Wouldn't mind Carle on the Avs, anything 5million and below would be good.

NitHeel 06-30-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danishh (Post 51789779)
I doubt he's going back to philly if he hasnt signed by now. No way they match the crazy offers he'll get.

Colorado appears to be a likely destination right now. Maybe edmonton.

He couldn't sign with the Flyers until 7/1 due to tagging restrictions.

Avs_19 06-30-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 (Post 51790047)
It just depends on who Strickland's source is. He takes evreything that is said to him as gold. He is only as credible as his source, so we have no idea. It makes sense that Colorado would be high on his list though.

For some reason it seems like Strickland is pretty accurate when it comes to the Avs. Don't know why that is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJsharks (Post 51790113)
Thanks for clearing that up guys. Sounds like Colorado could be a likely destination. Carle is a good player I would just be scared of the price tag he'll come with

Oh he's going to be overpaid for sure. Unfortunately, there aren't many options out there. I think everyone other than Suter/Parise will get overpaid because free agency is always crazy.

I see Carle getting at least $5M/yr and I wouldn't be surprised if it's from the Avs.

Bryz4shiz 06-30-2012 05:22 PM

Anywhere but Philly please

GKJ 06-30-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffin (Post 51790145)
Wouldn't mind Carle on the Avs, anything 5million and below would be good.

You can forget anything under $5M for now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitHeel (Post 51790329)
He couldn't sign with the Flyers until 7/1 due to tagging restrictions.

I may be wrong on this (someone please tell me if I am), but I'm pretty sure tagging rules come off the table once the NHL and PA agree/announce the salary cap for the following season, no matter when it is. The Flyers, officially, for next season are only at $58.8M for a $77M off-season cap (or $70.2 temp cap). Unless the Flyers are giving Carle $12M AAV, there really isn't any reason why they can't announce a deal if it's done.

bleedblue1223 06-30-2012 05:42 PM

I'm thinking it could be between the Avs and Blues. I would think those would be 2 of his top 5, maybe top 3 teams.

It will be interesting to see which defenseman signs first.

Kershaw 06-30-2012 05:45 PM

Carle is mediocre, I will feel bad for the team if they invest top dollars into him. Unless, it's the Flyers or Devils or Islanders.....

Sureves 06-30-2012 05:51 PM

I have no idea if he wants to play in Ottawa or not, but I expect us to throw some good money at him.

Gil Gunderson 06-30-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sureves (Post 51792181)
I have no idea if he wants to play in Ottawa or not, but I expect us to throw some good money at him.

I hope not, but I'm expecting it.

Sureves 06-30-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gil Gunderson (Post 51792363)
I hope not, but I'm expecting it.

Yeah I feel kind of the same way...the fact is we desperately need a decent defenseman.

Karlsson Cowen
Phillips Gonchar
Borowiecki Wiercioch

That might be the worst blueline in the league lol


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.