HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Speculation: Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - Off Season 2012-13 (Part IX) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1221071)

Guerzy 06-30-2012 08:12 PM

Jets - Free Agents, Trades, Rumors, Speculation - Off Season 2012-13 (Part IX)
 
Continue here.

Part 8

WJG 06-30-2012 09:55 PM

Prust and Tootoo tomorrow plz.

Hammer Slammer 06-30-2012 10:16 PM

I would've liked to make a run at Gaustad, but maybe not at the price the Preds ended up paying him. Big guy, gritty, team player, fan favourite and all that. Also, really big. :D

teucer 06-30-2012 10:44 PM

Gaustad is gone. :(

My Free Agency Picks:

I still like J. Hudler, P. Parenteau at the top. Maybe take a flyer on A. Semin. Wouldn't mind guys like J. McClement, B. Boyes.

As for the back end... M. Carle, J. Garrison. Obviously those guys will probably be gone but I'd be happy with B. Allen, G. Zanon.

Since Pavs is our No 1. I would like J. Gustavsson to be our backup, or even S. Clemmensen.

Becel 06-30-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer (Post 51804613)
I would've liked to make a run at Gaustad, but maybe not at the price the Preds ended up paying him. Big guy, gritty, team player, fan favourite and all that. Also, really big. :D

Agree with you here. 4 years 13 million is crazy. If this is an indication of what tomorrow will bring it will be nuts. Gaustad has career highs of 12 goals and 36 points. Last year he only had 21 points. That is insane money for a guy like him. Tanner Glass will want 2.5 mil now. I think Chevy and the Jets will stay clear of these contracts.

Gump Hasek 06-30-2012 11:29 PM

Sign Oily Jokinen, Zenon Konopka, & Bryan Allen please.

Re-sign Wellwood & Mason.

WJG 06-30-2012 11:45 PM

I guess Glass isn't returning.

I have a feeling the Coyotes will sign him.

sully1410 07-01-2012 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJG (Post 51808737)
I guess Glass isn't returning.

I have a feeling the Coyotes will sign him.

Where'd ya see that?

SCP Guy 07-01-2012 05:37 AM

I hope Chevy sits back and doesn't sign any of this mediocre talent to BIG money....I would rather sign nobody then pay a 12 goal scorer 2.5 mil

untouchable21 07-01-2012 11:27 AM

Here are my free agent predictions .....

- Parise will remain in New Jersey
- Jokinen will go to Chicago or Dallas
- Suter and Semin are Detroit bound
- Whitney will sign with the Penguins
- Tootoo will stick with a contender. I see Vancouver as his destination.
- Parenteau will join the Kings
- Hudler will become a member of the Coyotes joining Czech players Vrbata and Hanzal.
- Garrison will also sign with the Penguins.
- Doan is tricky. Can't see him leaving the desert, but if he does, he'll be with the Sharks.
- Allen will sign with the Blues or NYI
- Salvador goes to Vancouver.
- Penner will either stay in LA at a vastly reduced rate or cash in with a team like the Sens/Avs
- Mueller will sign with the Wild.
- Wolski heads to Pittsburgh.

Tanner Glass will leave the Jets and I can see him with the Canadiens for some reason. Jonas Gustavsson will head back to Europe. Don't really see many options for him in the NHL. Maybe Philly seeing as Bobrovsky is now in Columbus.

Wellwood rill re-up with the Jets and maybe someone like Eaton or Zanon. That's about it from a JETS standpoint.

Stej 07-03-2012 11:47 AM

Anyone else find it weird that Selanne hasn't re-signed with Anaheim yet? His internal deadline for deciding whether to return was apparently July 1st. Not trying to stir the pot, but I find it interesting that it's dragging into day 3.

anatsu 07-03-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stej (Post 52022881)
Anyone else find it weird that Selanne hasn't re-signed with Anaheim yet? His internal deadline for deciding whether to return was apparently July 1st. Not trying to stir the pot, but I find it interesting that it's dragging into day 3.

He will sign with them, no matter how long it takes. Period.

Paradise 07-03-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stej (Post 52022881)
Anyone else find it weird that Selanne hasn't re-signed with Anaheim yet? His internal deadline for deciding whether to return was apparently July 1st. Not trying to stir the pot, but I find it interesting that it's dragging into day 3.

It's almost a given that he re-signs with them. I wouldn't be worried if I was a Ducks fan.

WJG 07-03-2012 12:08 PM

I didn't realize Pavel Kubina was a UFA. He could be a decent pick up if he comes cheap.

If we need some depth for St. John's, we could Scott Arniel's son Jamie. He wasn't qualified by Boston.

Thrashers94 07-03-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJG (Post 52024387)
I didn't realize Pavel Kubina was a UFA. He could be a decent pick up if he comes cheap.

If we need some depth for St. John's, we could Scott Arniel's son Jamie. He wasn't qualified by Boston.

I loved Kubina in Atlanta, was dissapointed when he left for Tampa Bay.

Another right handed D-man is Kurtis Foster, he has a bomb of a shot. Put him with Stuart on the 3rd pair and the 2nd PP unit.

Jet 07-03-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrashers94 (Post 52027545)
I loved Kubina in Atlanta, was dissapointed when he left for Tampa Bay.

Another right handed D-man is Kurtis Foster, he has a bomb of a shot. Put him with Stuart on the 3rd pair and the 2nd PP unit.

Kurtis Foster was an absolute turd in Edmonton. You guys would be begging for Randy Jones :)

WJG 07-03-2012 12:57 PM

Btw, has any team won the Randy Jones sweepstakes yet?

Forget Parise and Suter, teams should be courting Cones.

Paradise 07-03-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJG (Post 52024387)
I didn't realize Pavel Kubina was a UFA. He could be a decent pick up if he comes cheap.

If we need some depth for St. John's, we could Scott Arniel's son Jamie. He wasn't qualified by Boston.



Arniel really regressed this year. A lot was expected of him this year in Providence. He was given every opportunity to play top minutes, but did absolutely nothing with them.

s1g 07-03-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stej (Post 52022881)
Anyone else find it weird that Selanne hasn't re-signed with Anaheim yet? His internal deadline for deciding whether to return was apparently July 1st. Not trying to stir the pot, but I find it interesting that it's dragging into day 3.

He's probably waiting to see if there's a lockout.

garret9 07-03-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anatsu (Post 52023599)
He will sign with them, no matter how long it takes. Period.

I thought I heard he said it is a guarantee it would be the Ducks just depends on how he feels durring his off-season training

Winnipeg Jets 07-03-2012 04:46 PM

Any rumours today? Chevy said he wasn't done "by any stretch of the imagination".

WJG 07-03-2012 04:50 PM

Stars sign Jagr for 1 year at 4.5 million.

I would have taken him at that price. Hopefully we still land Semin/Kostitsyn/Wellwood.

MrWigglez 07-03-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJG (Post 52044429)
Stars sign Jagr for 1 year at 4.5 million.

I would have taken him at that price. Hopefully we still land Semin/Kostitsyn/Wellwood.

Didn't see him going to Dallas... that is a surprise. Figured he wanted to go for more of a sure thing, but at 4.5M maybe he just wanted some more money?

Gm0ney 07-03-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jets (Post 52043895)
Any rumours today? Chevy said he wasn't done "by any stretch of the imagination".

I think guys like Jagr and Semin are waiting for Parise to sign (the losers will have a lot of exorbitant salary money burning holes in their pockets). Didn't Matt Carle indicate he was waiting for Suter to sign?

How many more signings will there be for the Jets? A backup goalie and Wellwood or his replacement...?

Edit: I guess Jagr got impatient! :)

Sweech 07-03-2012 05:28 PM

I think the fact Jagr is already signed is just a testament to how long these other signings are taking.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.