HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Other: Doan won't sign until July 16 at earliest (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1221101)

hockey_nut 06-30-2012 08:57 PM

Doan won't sign until July 16 at earliest

Doan's agent told TFP that he won't sign with the Coyotes or any team until July 8 at the earliest.

Quote:

However, Doan isn't itching to leave the organization and "wants to give the Coyotes every opportunity" to sign him, his agent, Terry Bross, told TFP Saturday evening.

Speaking to TFP Editor-in-Chief David Pagnotta, Bross indicated the earliest his client would sign a contract -- with the Coyotes or another club -- would presumably be July 8, the date in which the Coyotes will have a clearer picture as to whether or not they'll be staying in Arizona.
Gotta wonder how this will play out in the market. Article says they'll still take offers, but won't make decisions until the 8th or later.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/phx120630.html

Rabbit 06-30-2012 08:59 PM

That's our captain. What a guy :)

Rivet52 06-30-2012 09:05 PM

Can't picture him in any other sweater at this point, but that's what a lot of us could have said about Modano. Still, he'll re-sign I think.

danaluvsthekings 06-30-2012 09:06 PM

You have to admire the loyalty to the Coyotes organization but it's a risky move if things don't work out in Phoenix for the organization. I don't think Doan is a big enough marquee type player that teams are going to wait around for him to make up his mind. He might find his team choices limited when July 8 rolls around.

SoupNazi 06-30-2012 09:07 PM

His options will be limited by July 8, I think.

rt 06-30-2012 09:11 PM

Great news! Shane Doan is awesome!

Vankiller Whale 06-30-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupNazi (Post 51801615)
His options will be limited by July 8, I think.

Doubt it. After Parise and Semin he's arguably the best forward in free agency.

I hope Vancouver puts an offer for him if he decides to leave Phoenix.

Reign Nateo 06-30-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danaluvsthekings (Post 51801573)
You have to admire the loyalty to the Coyotes organization but it's a risky move if things don't work out in Phoenix for the organization. I don't think Doan is a big enough marquee type player that teams are going to wait around for him to make up his mind. He might find his team choices limited when July 8 rolls around.

I think you may be surprised at how highly Doan is valued around the league. He'll have more than enough interest.

Dellstrom 06-30-2012 09:22 PM

If he does decide to test the market, I'll be praying the Bruins throw out an offer.

bp spec 06-30-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reign Nateo (Post 51802099)
I think you may be surprised at how highly Doan is valued around the league. He'll have more than enough interest.

You're right. I've seen on several teams' boards that they want Doan, and they rightfully do so. He won't have any problems finding a new team if he wants to.

broinwhyteridge 06-30-2012 09:27 PM

If you don't have good shopping in your city you can forget Doan considering your team. One must have priorities after all.

TOML 06-30-2012 09:31 PM

Doan's loyalty to that sad franchise should be applauded. Or maybe he's just complacent. Either way, his heart probably won't be in it for any potential new team.

TOML

WJG 06-30-2012 09:31 PM

I've been following the Coyotes saga on the BoH board for a long time and AFAIK July 8th isn't really a significant date.

Vankiller Whale 06-30-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOML (Post 51802567)
Doan's loyalty to that sad franchise should be applauded. Or maybe he's just complacent. Either way, his heart probably won't be in it for any potential new team.

TOML

He might want a cup before he retires. That would motivate him.

Rabbit 06-30-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

TOML

Sad franchise :laugh:
I'm not avoiding the insult, but what a hypocritical comment. Our town may not generate a lot of hockey fans, but we've had more success in the past 16 years (our whole existence!) than yours has had in 30.

UniverStalinGraduate* 06-30-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 51802927)
He might want a cup before he retires. That would motivate him.

Money talks as well.

If some team offers him 3 years and 19 million I'm sure his heart will be in it as much as it needs to be.

Hell, if you have the cap space why not even go higher? 3 years 21 million.

danaluvsthekings 06-30-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reign Nateo (Post 51802099)

Are teams going to risk missing out on other guys to wait a week for Doan to find out what's going on in Phoenix? I didn't mean to imply he's not attractive, I meant that I don't know how long teams are willing to wait for a guy that might not even become available. If you have a choice between Doan and someone else and the other player wants an answer now, do you gamble that Doan will become available or do you sign the sure thing? Every summer we see teams start to panic by July 2 or 3, heck, even late in the day July 1 teams give out some ridiculous deals, because they didn't get their key target and they don't want to be left empty handed. I was just saying that teams that might have wanted Shane Doan if he would sign on July 1, might not have spots available on July 8 because they aren't going to wait around.

Harv 06-30-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

This usually has something to do with it..

http://allisontylerjones.typepad.com...b484970c-800wi

Ih8theislanders 06-30-2012 09:52 PM

Would love to have Doan on the NYR ,I have so much respect for him.

Aqualung 06-30-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabbit3119 (Post 51803065)
Sad franchise :laugh:
I'm not avoiding the insult, but what a hypocritical comment. Our town may not generate a lot of hockey fans, but we've had more success in the past 16 years (our whole existence!) than yours has had in 30.

Not a leafs fan. His name stands for Toronto Maple Laughs. Canuck fan probably on occasion.

Rivet52 06-30-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

TOML

Sad franchise, that was one series win away from the Stanley Cup Final just months ago eh?

drgregg 06-30-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJG (Post 51802599)
I've been following the Coyotes saga on the BoH board for a long time and AFAIK July 8th isn't really a significant date.

referendum signature due date

NucksOnly 06-30-2012 10:07 PM

Good on Doan! Would love him on the Canucks if the Coyotes can't get there situation in order.

WJG 06-30-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drgregg (Post 51804233)
referendum signature due date

That's July 5th, and the referendum itself isn't until November.

Islanderfan17 06-30-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go Wings (Post 51804447)
Your franchise hasnt made a dime of profit in those 16 years and has been threatened to be moved within the last 5 and when you cant sell out playoff games in the 3rd round despite cheap tickets I would call that sad...actually I would have used the word pathetic.

Get off your high horse :shakehead