HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   GDT: Panthers Free Agency 2012! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1221321)

MillarWithASave 07-01-2012 09:16 AM

Panthers Free Agency 2012!
 
Today is a big day, figured I would make a thread for everything the Panthers do throughout the day as well as discussion.

http://www.marcilall.com/wp-content/...adaDay2009.jpg

Happy Canada Day everyone!

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Zach Parise
http://thoughtsinpassingdotcom.files...o7oo1_1280.jpg

The biggest UFA this year, will he sign with the Devils or will he go to Free Agency?

Quote:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

NJD GM Lou Lamoriello was in TOR last night to meet with Zach Parise, who will decide within the hour if he is going to UFA at noon ET.
Will keep update of his status.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Ryan Suter
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=...ng&w=350&h=254

Ryan Suter, another big UFA that will most likely see some action today. Where does he go? It's been quiet with no big news on what is going to happen with him.

Quote:

The Score ‏@theScore

Ryan Suter's agent says the Nashville Predators defenseman will be hitting the NHL's free agent market
__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Alexander Semin

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=...ng&w=350&h=254

Alexander Semin has had problems with Washington which is why he is set to make his way to UFA. Where does he sign?

Quote:

Chuck Gormley ‏@ChuckGormleyCSN

Alexander Semin's agent says he's had no talks with Capitals. Plans on going to free agency .
__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Roberto Luongo
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...o_maskless.jpg

Not a free agent, but a big named talked about during the past few weeks. Does Gillis budge and let Tallon win the war, do we see Luo in a Panthers jersey next year? Today would seem like the day for something big to happen.

Quote:

George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards

Word on street is #FlaPanthers are internally getting ready for the return of Roberto Luongo





Updating this thread, I will open it so you guys can start talking. :)

angry_treefrog 07-01-2012 09:27 AM

Well done. Thanks.

MillarWithASave 07-01-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry_treefrog (Post 51817603)
Well done. Thanks.

No problem. Always a pleasure :)

JonathanHuberdoh 07-01-2012 09:55 AM

Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians!!

Today is going to be a long day for us Panther fans. By the end of the day we should start to get an idea as to what our team will look like this season. It could be really stressful because DT may be held back by ownership pushing a Luongo deal. Let's hope this is not the case. Tallon said our offense needs major improvement this off-season, now let's see him back those words up.

Pantherkidd101 07-01-2012 10:07 AM

Olli Jokinen
http://static.iltalehti.fi/jaakiekko/jokinenJH_jk.jpg

;) :yo:

SoupyFIN 07-01-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantherkidd101 (Post 51818973)

Fixed.

SoupyFIN 07-01-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Brad May ‏@maydayhockey

Hearing clemmenson re-signs with @panthers for 2yrs. In the 1.2 million per range
Eh....?

gizmo12688 07-01-2012 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupyFIN (Post 51819527)
Eh....?

Waiting to see GR post it.

SoupyFIN 07-01-2012 10:34 AM

UFAs in a few hours.

Quote:

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Matt Carle indeed going to market.
Quote:

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

No surprise but J. Gustavsson going to market. Didn't feel Winnipeg was a fit for him

Tuco 07-01-2012 10:38 AM

Please Olli come back!!!

pb1300 07-01-2012 10:51 AM

Dont get too excited everyone, because its only going to lead to dissapointment. I dont expect to see any big UFA signings by the Panthers, so we wont see any Suters, Parises, Semins, etc. IMO. I think the biggest UFA signing we will see is by the Heat, who will get Ray Allen. Its unfortunate that the opportunity is there for the Panthers to really become a powerhouse in this league, but they wont spend the necessary funds to do it. Time could prove me wrong, but if I wouldt bet against it.

Boooooth10 07-01-2012 11:03 AM

I could see Tallon going after Carle if Garrison signs with another team.

Catsfan7 07-01-2012 11:04 AM

Does anyone know if there will be an online stream of the TSN coverage?

SoupyFIN 07-01-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boooooth10 (Post 51821777)
I could see Tallon going after Carle if Garrison signs with another team.

I don't see it. LeBrun said Carle is going to ask +5, why would we sign him if we let G52 go for the same money?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catsfan7 (Post 51821899)
Does anyone know if there will be an online stream of the TSN coverage?

I've been looking, nothing yet. Trusting Wiziwig or FRS to have it before noon..

gizmo12688 07-01-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catsfan7 (Post 51821899)
Does anyone know if there will be an online stream of the TSN coverage?

If there is, I'll post it.

gizmo12688 07-01-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pb1300 (Post 51821103)
Dont get too excited everyone, because its only going to lead to dissapointment. I dont expect to see any big UFA signings by the Panthers, so we wont see any Suters, Parises, Semins, etc. IMO. I think the biggest UFA signing we will see is by the Heat, who will get Ray Allen. Its unfortunate that the opportunity is there for the Panthers to really become a powerhouse in this league, but they wont spend the necessary funds to do it. Time could prove me wrong, but if I wouldt bet against it.

Yeah its safe to say we won't be big players for Parise or Suter. Semin is a possibility but still wouldnt count on it. However, I do think that signing either Jokinen, Whitney or Parenteau is very realistic and could be a big help.

SoupyFIN 07-01-2012 11:09 AM

nhl.com apparently has their own, but it only starts at noon.

Catsfan7 07-01-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupyFIN (Post 51821951)
I've been looking, nothing yet. Trusting Wiziwig or FRS to have it before noon..

Quote:

Originally Posted by gizmo12688 (Post 51821967)
If there is, I'll post it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupyFIN (Post 51822241)
nhl.com apparently has their own, but it only starts at noon.

Thanks guys, I couldn't find if there were going to be any.

Tuco 07-01-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupyFIN (Post 51821951)
I don't see it. LeBrun said Carle is going to ask +5, why would we sign him if we let G52 go for the same money?

I've been looking, nothing yet. Trusting Wiziwig or FRS to have it before noon..

Re Garry: Yes, and I'm still hoping we will sign him.

SoupyFIN 07-01-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuco (Post 51822353)
Re Garry: Yes, and I'm still hoping we will sign him.

At that $$, I don't. Too many kids coming up to have another long-term commitment on the blueline.

gizmo12688 07-01-2012 11:20 AM

OT: Jordan Staal agrees a 10 yr, $60 million deal with Carolina.

PanthersHockey1 07-01-2012 11:22 AM

No better way to follow free agency than on my new iPad. This thing is amazing.

SoupyFIN 07-01-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 (Post 51823185)
No better way to follow free agency than on my new iPad. This thing is amazing.

Thinly veiled brag about having an iPad.

angry_treefrog 07-01-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupyFIN (Post 51823453)
Thinly veiled brag about having an iPad.

Post a bunch of links that use adobe flash, just to mess with him. :laugh:

Dread Clawz 07-01-2012 11:30 AM

Why didn't we trade Garrison's rights?:shakehead


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.