HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Official Predators Off-Season 2012 Thread - Part II (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1221387)

AtlantaWhaler 07-01-2012 10:15 AM

I know it's obvious, but it's good to have Cooper mention that we're expected to go after Parise.

TMI 07-01-2012 10:27 AM

I think someone forgot to open the thread :P

I think Poile is going to go after everyone he possibly can over the next couple of days. And I was *****ing about my 14 hour day yesterday. I bet Poile puts in 50 hours in the next three days. Poor *******.

Jarnberg 07-01-2012 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 51822837)
I know it's obvious, but it's good to have Cooper mention that we're expected to go after Parise.

By go after, he means Poile is waiting for Parise's camp to call...

NoNecksCurse 07-01-2012 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 51823605)
I think someone forgot to open the thread :P

I think Poile is going to go after everyone he possibly can over the next couple of days. And I was *****ing about my 14 hour day yesterday. I bet Poile puts in 50 hours in the next three days. Poor *******.

lol your posts are cracking me up..

cooper said we are expected to go after parise? on twitter?

TMI 07-01-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse (Post 51823757)
lol your posts are cracking me up..

cooper said we are expected to go after parise? on twitter?

I've been in a weird mood for the past couple of days. Not a bad one. Just silly, I guess :laugh:

SilasAdams 07-01-2012 10:36 AM

Zero chance we get ZP.

TMI 07-01-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger (Post 51823673)
By go after, he means Poile is waiting for Parise's camp to call...

And why not? His phone has been blowing up as of late. AK and Gill and Goose and Rads returning. I heard he even got a call from the president asking if he can help with a money donation. The guy's phone is pretty much the most popular thing on the planet right now.

:sarcasm:

Seth Lake 07-01-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse (Post 51823757)
lol your posts are cracking me up..

cooper said we are expected to go after parise? on twitter?

Yes, it was on Twitter...

101st_fan 07-01-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 51822837)
I know it's obvious, but it's good to have Cooper mention that we're expected to go after Parise.

Cooper does tend to only mention the obvious.

Enoch 07-01-2012 11:20 AM

With Fenton taking more and more responsibility in this organization, I think you can see a shift in more aggressiveness out of David Poile. This goes against his nature, but it is necessary for this organization. Unfortunately, we are in a really bad spot with Ryan Suter right now.

Top 6 Spaling 07-01-2012 11:39 AM

I would say we have a 0% chance at Parise if Suter leaves, and about a 10% chance at him if Suter stays.

predwings 07-01-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling (Post 51831517)
I would say we have a 0% chance at Parise if Suter leaves, and about a 10% chance at him if Suter stays.

dumb and dumber - SO YOURE TELLING ME THERES A CHANCE! YEAH!

jusu11 07-01-2012 01:06 PM

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
No surprise but the Red Wings have made offers to both Ryan Suter and Zach Parise

101st_fan 07-01-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jusu11 (Post 51847333)
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
No surprise but the Red Wings have made offers to both Ryan Suter and Zach Parise

The surprising list would be the one of teams that didn't make an offer to either of them.

jusu11 07-01-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101st_fan (Post 51848823)
The surprising list would be the one of teams that didn't make an offer to either of them.

True!

NoNecksCurse 07-01-2012 03:15 PM

looks like poile's plan is to do nothing and sit around so most free agents are gone to avoid overpayment




:sarcasm:

JohniusMaximus 07-01-2012 03:18 PM

Looks like Chris Mason is back.

jusu11 07-01-2012 03:18 PM

Chris Mason will be Pekka rinne's backup in Nashville. One year deal for $1.25 million plus bonuses.

NoNecksCurse 07-01-2012 03:22 PM

so we sign gaustad at 4 years 13 million but miss out on parenteau at 4 years 16 million. defense first, i guess.

RaiderDoug 07-01-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse (Post 51870605)
so we sign gaustad at 4 years 13 million but miss out on parenteau at 4 years 16 million. defense first, i guess.

There's probably a 50/50 chance Gaustad outscores Parenteau over the next 4 years. PAP was probably the riskiest free agent on the market.

NoNecksCurse 07-01-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderDoug (Post 51871473)
There's probably a 50/50 chance Gaustad outscores Parenteau over the next 4 years. PAP was probably the riskiest free agent on the market.

his contract will either turn out great or an absolute steal. to be determined. i wouldn't have mind having him.

RaiderDoug 07-01-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse (Post 51872383)
his contract will either turn out great or an absolute steal. to be determined. i wouldn't have mind having him.

Agreed. I tended to have a little more faith in PAP, but i fully admit - we may never hear from him again.

Hope DP is burning up Jokinen's phone.

AtlantaWhaler 07-01-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderDoug (Post 51872723)
Agreed. I tended to have a little more faith in PAP, but i fully admit - we may never hear from him again.

Hope DP is burning up Jokinen's phone.

Agreed

NoNecksCurse 07-01-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaiderDoug (Post 51872723)
Agreed. I tended to have a little more faith in PAP, but i fully admit - we may never hear from him again.

Hope DP is burning up Jokinen's phone.

jokinen will get more than PAP. 5 million a year maybe... but with no suter, i don't really think overpaying matters at that point.

AtlantaWhaler 07-01-2012 03:39 PM

Poile's quotes lately sound like he's planning on waiting for the trade market this summer.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.