HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Speculation: 11'/12' Offseason /Trades/Signings: Read here to see if it is already reported. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1221399)

MoreMogilny 07-01-2012 11:32 AM

11'/12' Offseason /Trades/Signings: Read here to see if it is already reported.
 
Carry on here.

Hurt 07-01-2012 11:33 AM

Smyth re-signs in EDM. 2 years 2.25M a year.

Quote:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Ryan Smyth agrees to 2 year deal with Oilers. $2.25 per year.

rojac 07-01-2012 11:35 AM

I guess we can live with the inaccuracy of the title for about half an hour. :D

Phion Keneuf 07-01-2012 11:36 AM

Liles + MacArthur
For
Murray + Clowe

The Sharks need speed, they improve in that regards by a lot. We get some physicality both upfront and on the d-core

p.l.f. 07-01-2012 11:37 AM

detroit will get everybody

Faltorvo 07-01-2012 11:37 AM

Komi for Murry? :innocent:

ULF_55 07-01-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurt (Post 51824221)
Smyth re-signs in EDM. 2 years 2.25M a year.

Now this is a reasonable contract.

Smyth takes a huge discount that says I'm winding down but I want to do it here.

I'm guessing a NMC?

MoreMogilny 07-01-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rojac (Post 51824349)
I guess we can live with the inaccuracy of the title for about half an hour. :D

Better? :naughty:

DirtyDion03 07-01-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 51824521)
Now this is a reasonable contract.

Smyth takes a huge discount that says I'm winding down but I want to do it here.

I'm guessing a NMC?

Likely a NMC. But it also saves the Oilers 4 million instantly.. His cap hit was 6.25 last year..

goonx 07-01-2012 11:40 AM

Parise Sweepstakes!

ULF_55 07-01-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 (Post 51824607)
Likely a NMC. But it also saves the Oilers 4 million instantly.. His cap hit was 6.25 last year..

To be fair it isn't like he's living in LA or NY where you barely can buy a 800 square foot condo on 2 million a year.

MoreMogilny 07-01-2012 11:41 AM

I feel like I shouldn't get overly excited as there isn't much out there in free agency other than the two big names left who seem poised to sign elsewhere. I would be interested in guys like Prust and/or Tootoo though.

DirtyDion03 07-01-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 51824753)
To be fair it isn't like he's living in LA or NY where you barely can buy a 800 square foot condo on 2 million a year.

And I'm sure off his last contract, he's satisfied with that amount of money to stay home..

Kessely Snipes 07-01-2012 11:42 AM

My expectations aren't too high for this July 1st, but it would be really something to see Brodeur sign somewhere besides NJ.

GordieHoweHatTrick 07-01-2012 11:42 AM

I don't know about you guys but I would absolutely love it if NJ lost Parise and Brodeur. I absolutely hate that organization

CmonLeafs 07-01-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreMogilny (Post 51824825)
I feel like I shouldn't get overly excited as there isn't much out there in free agency other than the two big names left who seem poised to sign elsewhere. I would be interested in guys like Prust and/or Tootoo though.

There's also Doan/Semin/Jokinen/Parenteau . . .

MoreMogilny 07-01-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kessely Snipes (Post 51824869)
My expectations aren't too high for this July 1st, but it would be really something to see Brodeur sign somewhere besides NJ.

If I had to guess, I'd say he re-signs with NJ, but it would be pretty crazy to see him wearing another jersey after all this time.

Hurt 07-01-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55 (Post 51824753)
To be fair it isn't like he's living in LA or NY where you barely can buy a 800 square foot condo on 2 million a year.

A fun little info-graphic about how much hockey players end up making

http://i.imgur.com/bpFRD.gif

MoreMogilny 07-01-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafs0381 (Post 51824957)
There's also Doan/Semin/Jokinen/Parenteau . . .

Not interested in any of the last three at all. Doan intrigues me a bit, but he could command big money, and at 36 years old, I'm not sure that's a good idea for us.

MoreMogilny 07-01-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurt (Post 51825053)
A fun little info-graphic about how much hockey players end up making

http://i.imgur.com/bpFRD.gif

Yeah that definitely is a bummer for us. So close to the bottom of the list.

GordieHoweHatTrick 07-01-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreMogilny (Post 51825279)
Yeah that definitely is a bummer for us. So close to the bottom of the list.

The last 4 teams on that list are stuck with overpaying if they're poised to sign any FAs. Another reason why it's important for Toronto to build from within

Kessely Snipes 07-01-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreMogilny (Post 51825001)
If I had to guess, I'd say he re-signs with NJ, but it would be pretty crazy to see him wearing another jersey after all this time.

Yeah I agree with that, I still think he signs with Devils as well in the end.

ULF_55 07-01-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreMogilny (Post 51825157)
Not interested in any of the last three at all. Doan intrigues me a bit, but he could command big money, and at 36 years old, I'm not sure that's a good idea for us.

I'm really expecting nothing.

I'd go for a 1 year Semin, or 3-4 years Doan.

Jokinen the best center available.

Faltorvo 07-01-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoreMogilny (Post 51825157)
Not interested in any of the last three at all. Doan intrigues me a bit, but he could command big money, and at 36 years old, I'm not sure that's a good idea for us.

Jagr?

thepatient 07-01-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurt (Post 51825053)
A fun little info-graphic about how much hockey players end up making

http://i.imgur.com/bpFRD.gif

it could be the reason why Burke has to overpay by a bit for some free agents


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.