HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Penguins sign Tanner Glass (2 years | $1.1M per) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1221711)

tocchet92 07-01-2012 02:31 PM

Penguins sign Tanner Glass (2 years | $1.1M per)

A willing, but not very good fighter to replace Asham.

Here's Glass TKO'ing Matt Martin of the Isles:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeTaA_Ug6z4

Also, one rugged winger was signed and another was lost. The Penguins gave left winger Tanner Glass, late of Winnipeg, a two-year contract with an average annual salary of $1.1 million.
Glass, 28, had 5 goals, 11 assists in 78 games with the Jets last season.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz1zOvMkQM2

wej20 07-01-2012 02:45 PM

Don't mind it, he's about as offensively gifted as Craig Adams but he play hard and willing to do anything for the cause.

tocchet92 07-01-2012 02:49 PM

This info was in the link above:

The Penguins have re-signed enforcer Steve MacIntyre. The agreement is a two-year, two-way contract worth $625,000 if he plays in the NHL and less when he's in the minors.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz1zOzumf8e

Still have the nuclear option in case the Rags and the Bruins are feelin' froggy...

Zen Arcade 07-01-2012 02:55 PM

I'm not sure which I like more, the last punch or Martin prematurely dropping his stick.

The looks from the other players are priceless.

wej20 07-01-2012 02:55 PM

Rags have loads of Fighters for next season, Asham tends to get injured a lot though.

LostLiquorLicense 07-01-2012 02:59 PM

I like the signing. Reminds me of a younger, more chippy Craig Adams. Ivy League. PK ability. Zero offensive instincts. Below average fighter(though Glass is probably better in that department). Similar size.

Heatseeker 07-01-2012 03:21 PM

Decent fourth line signing to replace Asham. What you see is what you get with Glass. He's been durable the pass couple of years by playing more than 70 games each year which is nice.

Flat Stanley 07-01-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

As for 4th liners, I know you guys want Tangradi to take Asham's spot, some (including myself) want Asham back, but if neither happens, we gotta go with Tanner Glass. I'm sold on him, he's what every team wants in a 4th liner. He's big, gritty/physical, he fights, he kills penalties, basically does more than Asham and Tangradi would. And he would be in the same price range as those 2.
A quote from one of my posts in the offseason discussion thread.

:):handclap:

wej20 07-01-2012 03:23 PM

Nice call, interested to see where Tangradi fits once we know what happens with Parise/other Free Agent Forwards.

Ogrezilla 07-01-2012 03:37 PM

Should replace Adams, not Tangradi.

mpp9 07-01-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wej20 (Post 51870903)
Nice call, interested to see where Tangradi fits once we know what happens with Parise/other Free Agent Forwards.

I see Kennedy moved this offseason, so he should have a spot in the lineup. If we don't acquire another forward in addition to Parise (:sarcasm:), then he has a big chance to move up the depth chart. Getting bigger on the wing is something that can be solved in-house with him.

Ogrezilla 07-01-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpp9 (Post 51873743)
I see Kennedy moved this offseason, so he should have a spot in the lineup. If we don't acquire another forward in addition to Parise (:sarcasm:), then he has a big chance to move up the depth chart. Getting bigger on the wing is something that can be solved in-house with him.

If all we do is add Parise at this point, there is no reason to move TK.

Jahodac 07-01-2012 03:47 PM

Really like this signing. He's a gritty grinder who isn't afraid to drop the gloves and plays with passion. The best part is that he is under 30 so we shouldn't see a drop off in his game for a couple years. He isn't exactly a scoring forward but he has defensive upside which we will need with Staal gone.

mpp9 07-01-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogrezilla (Post 51873961)
If all we do is add Parise at this point, there is no reasonto move TK.

If there's interest around the league, why not explore his value? Putting him in a package with a quality D prospect may land us an upgrade in the top 6.

Ogrezilla 07-01-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpp9 (Post 51874311)
If there's interest around the league, why not explore his value? Putting him in a package with a quality D prospect may land us an upgrade in the top 6.

I thought you meant moving him for picks to save space. If we can move him for an upgrade, ya.

mpp9 07-01-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogrezilla (Post 51874479)
I thought you meant moving him for picks to save space. If we can move him for an upgrade, ya.

I'm in full Parise+Suter mode. Move a combo of TK+Martin+Tangradi+D prospect to clear the cap room and fill the roster out properly.

Parise-Sid-Stewart
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Suter-Letang
Orpik-Niskanen
Despres-Engelland
Bortuzzo

The motha****** dream team.

Pancakes 07-01-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogrezilla (Post 51872957)
Should replace Adams, not Tangradi.

Tangradi and Adams both stink. I'd like to sign another 4th liner if possible and use Adams as a scratch.

Jacob 07-01-2012 04:11 PM

A few things I like about Glass:

1. Good size.
2. Impressive hit total last season.
3. Cup Finals experience with Vancouver.

Ogrezilla 07-01-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancakes (Post 51875775)
Tangradi and Adams both stink. I'd like to sign another 4th liner if possible and use Adams as a scratch.

so just give up on Tangradi? no. bad plan.

I am about 99% sure Eric Tangradi will be a better NHL player than Adams. It helps that he already is a better hockey player so he just needs to make an NHL team.

Terrapin 07-01-2012 04:13 PM

I would have rather had Prust, or kept Asham. I think we'll like Glass though. He just reminds me a little too much of Craig Adams.

Ogrezilla 07-01-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terrapin (Post 51876921)
I would have rather had Prust, or kept Asham. I think we'll like Glass though. He just reminds me a little too much of Craig Adams.

Prust got over 2M. Asham is not very good at hockey anymore.

Pancakes 07-01-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogrezilla (Post 51876835)
so just give up on Tangradi? no. bad plan.

I am about 99% sure Eric Tangradi will be a better NHL player than Adams. It helps that he already is a better hockey player so he just needs to make an NHL team.

It's not giving up on him. If he does well he can still come up and earn a spot depending on injuries, etc.

Just giving Tangradi a spot without making him earn it. That's a bad plan. Especially on a team with cup aspirations. We aren't in the business of throwing young players on the team and hoping they don't sink. They need to earn their spots. We're in win now mode.

Terrapin 07-01-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogrezilla (Post 51877133)
Prust got over 2M. Asham is not very good at hockey anymore.

I don't really care how 'good' our 12th forward is. I want someone that's going to help keep Sid and Geno in one piece

Jacob 07-01-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancakes (Post 51877807)
It's not giving up on him. If he does well he can still come up and earn a spot depending on injuries, etc.

Just giving Tangradi a spot without making him earn it. That's a bad plan. Especially on a team with cup aspirations. We aren't in the business of throwing young players on the team and hoping they don't sink. They need to earn their spots. We're in win now mode.

Cool, but if you're talking about sending him to the minors, he probably won't clear waivers. Then we've lost a good prospect for nothing.

I'm fine with starting Tangradi on the 4th line and seeing where things go from there, I think he's earned at least that much.

Terrapin 07-01-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancakes (Post 51877807)

I like Tangradi. I do. I just don't get the all out nut-hugging love affair people on here have with him. He played a 4th of the season last year and didn't have a goal. He's never produced anything, except for screening a goalie on our one PP goal a few years ago in the playoffs. Some guys on here would have him on a top line with Sid and Geno.