HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   NYR prospects in the WJC over the past couple of years. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=122175)

ATLANTARANGER* 01-05-2005 01:30 PM

NYR prospects in the WJC over the past couple of years.

I was trying to remember all the prospects that the organization has had playing in the WJC:

Dawes - 2X
Korpikoski - 2X
Petruzalek
Prucha
Callahan
Tyutin - 2x(?)
Baranka - 2X
Kondratiev - 2X (?)
Potter
Furrer
Montoya - 2X
Lundquist - 2X(?)

There is one from this year I am missing and I can't remember if I am missing some from last year. But still, that's a pretty good representation. Damn that Sather is sure lucky.

Taz 01-05-2005 02:52 PM

GJ Dawes 6 points in 6 games and the gold medal )

Fish 01-05-2005 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
I was trying to remember all the prospects that the organization has had playing in the WJC:

Dawes - 2X
Korpikoski - 2X
Petruzalek
Prucha
Callahan
Tyutin - 2x(?)
Baranka - 2X
Kondratiev - 2X (?)
Potter
Furrer
Montoya - 2X
Lundquist - 2X(?)

There is one from this year I am missing and I can't remember if I am missing some from last year. But still, that's a pretty good representation. Damn that Sather is sure lucky.

Greg Moore played last season...

Barnaby 01-05-2005 06:58 PM

Anyone see how Baranka did for Slovakia?

modestfwd 01-05-2005 08:55 PM

Not that it means anything, but Reese was supposed to play for the US last year, but he got injured right before they left. Im pretty sure he was on the roster.

Fish 01-06-2005 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by modestfwd
Not that it means anything, but Reese was supposed to play for the US last year, but he got injured right before they left. Im pretty sure he was on the roster.

Yes, he was selected but as you noted, he was hurt. Other Ranger prospects to have played:

Jozef Balej (01) - Slovakia
Sven Helfenstein (01,02) - Switzerland
Dwight Helminen (03) - USA
Ryan Hollweg (02) - USA
Maxim Kondratiev (02,03) - Russia
Bryce Lampman (02) - USA
Jamie Lundmark (01) - Canada
Henrik Lundqvist (01) - Sweden
Garth Murray (02) - Canada
Juris Stals (01) - Latvia (div 1)

barrel_master 01-06-2005 09:18 AM

Unfortunately, many world jr. players (even the very good ones) sometimes never make it. For example, Brad Isbister was great during the Jrs. but so far he's bombed in the NHL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz
GJ Dawes 6 points in 6 games and the gold medal )

Dawes played well... he was constantly in front of the net and while he only had a few goals, he had a ton of chances from tip ins that didn't work out.

Melrose_Jr. 01-06-2005 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrel_master
Unfortunately, many world jr. players (even the very good ones) sometimes never make it. For example, Brad Isbister was great during the Jrs. but so far he's bombed in the NHL.

Bombed? That's pretty harsh for a 5 year NHL vet. If Dawes turns into a 15 goal, 30-40 point NHL player, I'll be pretty pleased.

ATLANTARANGER* 01-06-2005 11:02 AM

So over the the last 3 years the Rangers have had

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish
Yes, he was selected but as you noted, he was hurt. Other Ranger prospects to have played:

Jozef Balej (01) - Slovakia
Sven Helfenstein (01,02) - Switzerland
Dwight Helminen (03) - USA
Ryan Hollweg (02) - USA
Maxim Kondratiev (02,03) - Russia
Bryce Lampman (02) - USA
Jamie Lundmark (01) - Canada
Henrik Lundqvist (01) - Sweden
Garth Murray (02) - Canada
Juris Stals (01) - Latvia (div 1)

at least 21 players selected for the WJC! Just imagine if Sather had actually done a good job.