HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Adrian Aucoin to columbus (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1221813)

CBJWennberg41 07-01-2012 04:34 PM

Adrian Aucoin to columbus
 
CBJ have signed veteran D Adrian Aucoin to a one-year, $2M contract, plus bonuses

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/statu...29293989019649

leesmith 07-01-2012 04:36 PM

And there's your depth defenseman.

KeithBWhittington 07-01-2012 04:36 PM

Replaces Methot for one year, saves on contract costs, a much younger replacement will be starting in this "depth defenseman" position in 2013-14.

Matthew 07-01-2012 04:37 PM

Buying time for the young guys to rise to the top.

1857 Howitzer 07-01-2012 04:38 PM

Nothing wrong with this signing.

Gagnefan924 07-01-2012 04:38 PM

Good signing. Aucoin is a BEAST in the shootout. Not kidding.

1857 Howitzer 07-01-2012 04:40 PM

Stats: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=133

Byrral 07-01-2012 04:42 PM

Hopefully that cannon of shot he has is still in his game.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe 07-01-2012 04:43 PM

Another move I like. Provides flexibility and depth in the d core.

Now lets work on forwards and, is there another area of need I can't remember?

Socks 07-01-2012 04:43 PM

I'm good with this. Not bad terms at all. Scotty seems to be 2 for 3 today (I really don't like McBackup :))

Matthew 07-01-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe (Post 51873623)
Another move I like. Provides flexibility and depth in the d core.

Now lets work on forwards and, is there another area of need I can't remember?

Banishing Steve Mason to Siberia.

KeithBWhittington 07-01-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe (Post 51873623)
Another move I like. Provides flexibility and depth in the d core.

Now lets work on forwards and, is there another area of need I can't remember?

Starting Goaltender..... Not a big need, mind you.... :sarcasm:

wahsnairb 07-01-2012 04:50 PM

GMSH is having a nice day

jore 07-01-2012 05:00 PM

If we'd sign him for 1,2-1,5 million I'd be happy, but I wonder if he is still worth 2 millions a season? His point production has been going down, and at the age of 39 he must have lost a step or two. David Savard scored more points last season than Aucoin despite playing less than half the number of games Aucoin played...

Well, at least his +/- was still good.

Timeless Winter 07-01-2012 05:02 PM

Good signing, still need a goalie and some forwards though.

RDriesenUD 07-01-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jore (Post 51875463)
If we'd sign him for 1,2-1,5 million I'd be happy, but I wonder if he is still worth 2 millions a season? His point production has been going down, and at the age of 39 he must have lost a step or two. David Savard scored more points last season than Aucoin despite playing less than half the number of games Aucoin played...

Well, at least his +/- was still good.

Why does it matter if it was 1.2 or 2? We have the money to spend.

RDriesenUD 07-01-2012 05:04 PM

Good signing. I am glad we won't have to rely on 2 youngs guys for our 3rd D pairing to start the year out.

jore 07-01-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDriesenUD (Post 51875813)
Why does it matter if it was 1.2 or 2? We have the money to spend.

We may have to pay players over their market value to get them to sign in the first place, but overpaying for roster depth is both a waste of money and makes it harder to move the contracts. Granted Aucoin is here for only a year, but maybe that 0,8 million could have been spent better somewhere else.

Basically I'm just afraid that a 39-year old vet coming off a 2+7 season might not have much gas left in tank. Will he be the odd man out by December with a somewhat large paycheck? If he can keep his +14 I'd gladly pay him 2,5 millions.

JACKETfan 07-01-2012 05:39 PM

Prospal can show Aucoin where to sign up for his Golden Buckeye card.

Bobcat110 07-01-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jore (Post 51876071)
We may have to pay players over their market value to get them to sign in the first place, but overpaying for roster depth is both a waste of money and makes it harder to move the contracts. Granted Aucoin is here for only a year, but maybe that 0,8 million could have been spent better somewhere else.

Basically I'm just afraid that a 39-year old vet coming off a 2+7 season might not have much gas left in tank. Will he be the odd man out by December with a somewhat large paycheck? If he can keep his +14 I'd gladly pay him 2,5 millions.

http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/CLB?year=2013

We HAVE to spend at least $54.2 million on Salary. That's the minimum required by the league. Don't worry about the $800,000. Currently, with Aucoin and WITH Nash we are at $51.3 million...WITHOUT Nash we are at $43.572. So, even if we kept Nash for the entire 2012-3 season, we still need to spend another $2.9 Million on depth players. If we trade Nash, we will need to take some serious salary in return and overpay a few FAs to reach the required payroll.


More than anything..i hope Aucoin is a good "player/coach" for helping Moore and Murray. Not as worried about what his on ice results will be, as we have too many other issues with this team.

pepty 07-01-2012 05:53 PM

One player from Ottawa out to be replaced by another player from Ottawa..

1857 Howitzer 07-01-2012 05:59 PM

“@BlueJacketsNHL: Howson said free agency has gone according to the team's plan so far. Said Aucoin was the first defenseman they called today. #CBJ”

aDreamboat 07-01-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobcat110 (Post 51882333)
More than anything..i hope Aucoin is a good "player/coach" for helping Moore and Murray. Not as worried about what his on ice results will be, as we have too many other issues with this team.

http://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/219540158452736002

Quote:

Aucoin mentored Seabrook and Keith when he was in Chicago. Did same with youngsters in Phoenix. Now he gets John Moore and Ryan Murray.
Looks like he's got some experience.

SoCalJacketsFan 07-01-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JACKETfan (Post 51880931)
Prospal can show Aucoin where to sign up for his Golden Buckeye card.

:laugh:

RDriesenUD 07-01-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobcat110 (Post 51882333)
http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/CLB?year=2013

We HAVE to spend at least $54.2 million on Salary. That's the minimum required by the league. Don't worry about the $800,000. Currently, with Aucoin and WITH Nash we are at $51.3 million...WITHOUT Nash we are at $43.572. So, even if we kept Nash for the entire 2012-3 season, we still need to spend another $2.9 Million on depth players. If we trade Nash, we will need to take some serious salary in return and overpay a few FAs to reach the required payroll.


More than anything..i hope Aucoin is a good "player/coach" for helping Moore and Murray. Not as worried about what his on ice results will be, as we have too many other issues with this team.

Exactly :handclap:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.