HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: The Lumber Company (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1222099)

Big McLargehuge 07-01-2012 09:31 PM

The Pittsburgher Thread: The Lumber Company

Idaho is boring.

Crafton 07-01-2012 09:41 PM

they do go that one blue field.

Big McLargehuge 07-01-2012 09:45 PM

Yeah, but Pocatello just has an airplane hangar and a Perkin's.

End of Line 07-01-2012 09:49 PM

All my friends who like the Reds, said that Phillips being off the NL team is "****ing joke". Then they said, "McCutchen sucks." Hmmmmm, take off your bandwagon glasses.

Phillips is average at best.

Biz Nasty 07-01-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by End of Line (Post 51907533)
All my friends who like the Reds, said that Phillips being off the NL team is "****ing joke". Then they said, "McCutchen sucks." Hmmmmm, take off your bandwagon glasses.

Phillips is average at best.

Phillips is a lot better than "average at best" but I certainly don't worship at his altar like Reds fans do...he's a good 2nd baseman, but even great players don't make the All Star game every year.

Honestly the All-Star stuff is becoming a joke anymore...how about you just NAME the all star team so that it is fair to pitchers (AJ and JMac snubbed mostly because they have projected starts next Sat/Sun) and then no one has to worry about injury/over-use. Do the Home Run Derby, bring all the players to the event, have some fun with it, give teams a 3-4 day break, then everybody goes back to playing meaningful ball.

Smoke 07-01-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biz Nasty (Post 51908629)
Phillips is a lot better than "average at best" but I certainly don't worship at his altar like Reds fans do...he's a good 2nd baseman, but even great players don't make the All Star game every year.

Honestly the All-Star stuff is becoming a joke anymore...how about you just NAME the all star team so that it is fair to pitchers (AJ and JMac snubbed mostly because they have projected starts next Sat/Sun) and then no one has to worry about injury/over-use. Do the Home Run Derby, bring all the players to the event, have some fun with it, give teams a 3-4 day break, then everybody goes back to playing meaningful ball.

Yes, but how will they determine who has home field advantage in the World Series? :laugh:

OnMyOwn 07-01-2012 10:38 PM

In response to the guy who called me out in the last thread..... I was mocking jaded

Your sarcasm meter is completely broken. If u look at my post history you'll see I'm a pirate supporter.

My mother is also very proud of me btw.

Biz Nasty 07-01-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoke (Post 51910225)
Yes, but how will they determine who has home field advantage in the World Series? :laugh:

Paper-Rock-Scissors? Coin flip?

Either would be as entertaining as the All Star game..seriously, the All Star game has basically become nothing but a chance for actors/actresses to hang out in the booth for a few innings at a time and plug their upcoming movies while a baseball game is going on in the background.

End of Line 07-01-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biz Nasty (Post 51908629)

Good, not great is more like it, I admit it. He is not what Reds fans make him out to be. It's annoying hearing it everyday here in Columbus.

Smoke 07-01-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biz Nasty (Post 51911101)
Paper-Rock-Scissors? Coin flip?

Either would be as entertaining as the All Star game..seriously, the All Star game has basically become nothing but a chance for actors/actresses to hang out in the booth for a few innings at a time and plug their upcoming movies while a baseball game is going on in the background.

Hmmm... A potato sack race would be highly entertaining. Especially if Prince Fielder is involved.

Penguins23 07-02-2012 08:26 AM

I'm not even mad that the Pirates lost yesterday. The bottom of our rotation took 2 out of 3 against the top of STL's rotation. Cinci lost yesterday too so no ground was lost.

td_ice 07-02-2012 06:16 PM

John Perrotto on the FAN today, some highlights.

*People in the organization tell him that Starling Marte is ready.

*Possible to see Marte up and Tabata down in Indy.

*If Tabata is sent down it would make his teammates very happy. As they do not care for the guy. Feel that he is lazy.

*Pirates are not necessarily looking for a bat, but pitching right now. They have inquired about Cole Hamels. Reports are that Phillies asking for 4 to 5 prospects for him. Says that they won't get that for a rental. As Hamels wants to be in LA by next year, as girlfriend is an aspiring actress. Hamels is from San Diego so the West Coast is where he wants to be. So anyone that gets Hamels will just have him for the rest of this season.

td_ice 07-02-2012 07:03 PM

Buc's 12-3 in last 15 home games.

JMac 12-4 lifetime at PNC.

Gotta feast on the Astros.

EDIT: Cutch in, Alvarez out. JMac walks 1st batter, 4 pitches.

Thank goodness they got rid of it, but still sickening to see (in the stands) Pirates shirts/jersey/hats that are predominately red. Such an abomination. Not people wearing them, they can wear whatever they want. But the fact the owners/front office had red as a large part of the color scheme not too long ago. (not counting the lady bug bandana on the Pirate logo. rant/)

EDIT2: Wow, JMac a bit off in his control early. 2 walks. Damn, Stros hit a nubber for a single, 1-0 Houston. Another walk, bases loaded.

Bob Walk speculating that JMac is missing his Rod Barajas comfort level. Barajas still hurting a bit. The Fort holding things down.

EDIT3: McGehee with a dandy 5-3 putout.

bathroomSTAAL 07-02-2012 07:38 PM

McGehee flashing some serious leather. Nice.

td_ice 07-02-2012 07:57 PM

Wow, Presely with the triple. He was thinking ITP, but was held. He was motoring.

EDIT: Martinez, got some 'splaining to do.

EDIT2: McGehee with another fine play at 3rd. Probably saved a run.

EDIT3: Ouch, that is ugly. JMac walks the pitcher. Bases loaded.

bathroomSTAAL 07-02-2012 08:10 PM

Martinez should ride the bench for the rest of the game. One of the most inexplicable base-running errors you'll ever see.

td_ice 07-02-2012 08:11 PM

Whew! *wipes brow*

JMac gets a grounder for third out. Allows no runs. But pitch count is getting up there. 74 pitches in 4 innings.

td_ice 07-02-2012 08:15 PM

GI JONES!!! Goes yard!!!

Buc's take the lead. 2-1.

bathroomSTAAL 07-02-2012 08:15 PM

Jesus Christ. If there were no lefty pitchers in MLB, GI Jones might be an All-Star

Dylonus 07-02-2012 08:15 PM

G.I. JONES! :yo:

McGehee has been phenomenal today. Talk about some top-notch defense by him :yo:

OnMyOwn 07-02-2012 08:17 PM

He puts up good numbers for what he is.

td_ice 07-02-2012 08:18 PM

Woooohoooo!!

Walker makes it back to back homers!

OnMyOwn 07-02-2012 08:18 PM

Back to back jacks...awesome

Dylonus 07-02-2012 08:18 PM

Another one off the pole!!! Walker! :yo:

bathroomSTAAL 07-02-2012 08:19 PM

This is insane.