HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Speculation: 11'/12' Offseason/Trades/Signings: Read here to see if it is already reported.| FA II (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1222207)

Leaf Rocket 07-01-2012 11:41 PM

11'/12' Offseason/Trades/Signings: Read here to see if it is already reported.| FA II

continue here

Sergei Berezin 07-01-2012 11:45 PM

Can anyone confirm what John Shannon said?

He seems like the kind of guy who just speculates, and doesn't have any sources.

Bernier the Boats 07-01-2012 11:55 PM

Odds are one of Connolly/Lombardi are on their way out in the next 2-3 days I assume

Griffski 07-01-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBurke (Post 51918533)
Odds are one of Connolly/Lombardi are on their way out in the next 2-3 days I assume

Hah preferably both... But ya one of these two and Komi are my guesses.

Griffski 07-02-2012 12:00 AM

Interesting note:

In the last Burke interview I saw he said he thinks Holzer and Blacker will be able to make the jump...

Phaneuf-Gunnar
Liles-Franson
Gardiner-Holzer
Blacker
???

Hurt 07-02-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBurke (Post 51918533)

I've been out all evening, is there something someone said that makes you believe the next 2-3 days?

Griffski 07-02-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurt (Post 51918811)
I've been out all evening, is there something someone said that makes you believe the next 2-3 days?

Probably because of the Mcclement signing...

Hurt 07-02-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griffski (Post 51918837)
Probably because of the Mcclement signing...

I understand that but I'm asking if there's a specific reason he mentioned the next 2-3 days as if there was a rumour or something I missed.

AlmightyPO 07-02-2012 12:10 AM

What about the rumour someone mentioned about 12m over 2 years for Brodeur?

Nasty Nazem 07-02-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurt (Post 51918811)

There is nothing to suggest it will happen in the next 2-3 days but it wouldn't surprise me if one of them got traded.

JVReemer 07-02-2012 12:14 AM

I'm interested to see if Connolly goes, I see him as an odd man out now..

ErnieLeafs 07-02-2012 12:53 AM

I think despite people griping about a bottom 6 center they've never heard of, being signed (Twitter is laughable), we're slow-playing our hand right now.

We added a solid PK guy for our 3/4 line, and I think the move was made because something else in the the works, as has been stated before, with Connolly/Lombardi.

It's calm, and aggrivates everyone that hangs on twitter and F5's sites, but I think we're about to get really active in the next few weeks.

DirtyDion03 07-02-2012 12:54 AM

We have SO many forwards. There's zero chance any of the young guys could make the roster starting day.. We need to move some forwards quickly, especially if they want to add MORE size.. That'd be more forwards.. So we need some kind of output of forwards somewhere..

ErnieLeafs 07-02-2012 01:20 AM

I think despite people griping about a bottom 6 center they've never heard of, being signed (Twitter is laughable), we're slow-playing our hand right now.

We added a solid PK guy for our 3/4 line, and I think the move was made because something else in the the works, as has been stated before, with Connolly/Lombardi.

It's calm, and aggrivates everyone that hangs on twitter and F5's sites, but I think we're about to get really active in the next few weeks.

ErnieLeafs 07-02-2012 01:22 AM

Double post, my bad.

Either way. I think Fratts makes the team full-time (Burke mentioned seeing some D.Brown in him, I do as well), and I think Kadri makes it out of camp.

Sundinisagod 07-02-2012 01:33 AM

Even though it is just rumour at this point, how would you guys feel about signing Brodeur for 6m x 2 years? I'd be thrilled with it, not like the money would be spent on Parise or Suter instead...so why not 6 mil cap hit on the greatest goalie of all time, even if he's now 40.

Phion Keneuf 07-02-2012 01:40 AM

Even if Brodeur signs here and plays ****, its still Brodeur. Best goalie of all time.

TML1967 07-02-2012 02:02 AM

Leafs should go after Peter Mueller

What about going after a guy like Peter Mueller? He has size, plays with heart and is coming of an injury. Former 8th overall pick Probably can come cheap and is on par (when healthy) with a Mac or Kule.
6'2. 205lbs and a decent to good PF. 254 gp, 55g, 88a, 143 pts.
Not often a 24 year old are UFA's that were at one point so highly though of.

I see him being a amazing third liner with second line upside if he can continue developing.
Ideas?

Hyperglide 07-02-2012 02:04 AM

Truculence.... :sarcasm:

He'd be at best a 2nd line center and we already have Grabovski. Also he's injured to much and soft.

Plus unless some of our current roster players get moved out there's no room for him.

Kamal007 07-02-2012 02:09 AM

Isn't he some sort of religious nut?

TML1967 07-02-2012 02:15 AM

Big trade coming?

Depth chart (imo)
LW C RW
Lupul Grabovski Kessel
JVR Bozak Kulemin
Mac Connoly Fratin
Brown McClement Kadri
Ashton Steckel Komarov

I see this currently as:
Lupul - Bozy - Kessel
JVR - Grabo - Mac/Kule
Fratin/Kadri- McClement/Connoly- Mac/Kule
Brown - I-Just-Had-Steks/McClement - Komarov

To me this means before any more forwards are signed Burke has to have a deal in place, so why not make a move that sounds huge but doesn't really hurt us? Similar to a Dion deal, quantity for quality for someone that fallen out of favour with their team. Make a move for Getzlaf or Mikko Koivu and offer a package that includes a mix of:
Colbourne, Franson, Kadri, Connoly, Blacker, MacArthur, Holzer.

Maybe something like Connoly+Kadri/Colbourne+Franson/Holzer + draft pick for Getzlaf or Koivu? How far off am I value wise?

UniverStalinGraduate* 07-02-2012 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TML1967 (Post 51922373)
Depth chart (imo)
LW C RW
Lupul Grabovski Kessel
JVR Bozak Kulemin
Mac Connoly Fratin
Brown McClement Kadri
Ashton Steckel Komarov

I see this currently as:
Lupul - Bozy - Kessel
JVR - Grabo - Mac/Kule
Fratin/Kadri- McClement/Connoly- Mac/Kule
Brown - I-Just-Had-Steks/McClement - Komarov

To me this means before any more forwards are signed Burke has to have a deal in place, so why not make a move that sounds huge but doesn't really hurt us? Similar to a Dion deal, quantity for quality for someone that fallen out of favour with their team. Make a move for Getzlaf or Mikko Koivu and offer a package that includes a mix of:
Colbourne, Franson, Kadri, Connoly, Blacker, MacArthur, Holzer.

Maybe something like Connoly+Kadri/Colbourne+Franson/Holzer + draft pick for Getzlaf or Koivu? How far off am I value wise?

Connolly has very little value in a trade. Franson is not worth much more than Holzer, who isn't worth much of anything.

Kadri and Colbourne are decent prospects, but not outstanding in either case.

The Wild have Koivu locked up for many years, why exactly are they trading him?

Maybe that package or something close to it gets Getzlaf, but that's only if they strongly believe he isnt'coming back.

TML1967 07-02-2012 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyperglide (Post 51922091)
Truculence.... :sarcasm:

He'd be at best a 2nd line center and we already have Grabovski. Also he's injured to much and soft.

Plus unless some of our current roster players get moved out there's no room for him.

He is a Centre but was mostly used as a winger. I see Kulemin - Mueller - Kadri/Fratin as being a fun to watch good checking third line.

I just think its a cheap reclamation project. High reward low risk.

Edgeworth* 07-02-2012 02:19 AM

He sucks. v:

TML1967 07-02-2012 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate (Post 51922413)
Connolly has very little value in a trade. Franson is not worth much more than Holzer, who isn't worth much of anything.

Kadri and Colbourne are decent prospects, but not outstanding in either case.

The Wild have Koivu locked up for many years, why exactly are they trading him?

Maybe that package or something close to it gets Getzlaf, but that's only if they strongly believe he isnt'coming back.

Yeah I agree that they arent worth much alone, im just trying to find a way to move some guys that doesnt kill us depth wise.