HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Hejda out 4-6 months. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1222411)

Drury_Sakic 07-02-2012 11:30 AM

Hejda out 4-6 months.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...wrist-surgery/

Sorry if this had been posted somewhere else, but this is the first I have seen of it.

As mentioned in the article, the Zanon signing makes more sense now.

Sgarbossy 07-02-2012 11:31 AM

We have come full circle. Ivan Said It First

Ivan13 07-02-2012 11:31 AM

Avs reported that he'll be ready for TC.

TwoPadStack 07-02-2012 11:31 AM

Yeah, dmitri mentioned it early this morning and I dug up the article from Eurolanche.com then Dater jumped on board.

Avs are saying Hejda will be ready for training camp.

S E P H 07-02-2012 11:32 AM

I'm very sure I read he will be ready for training camp though.

TwoPadStack 07-02-2012 11:36 AM

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2012...g-sense/10957/

Quote:

*Update: the Avs say he had surgery on the wrist right after the season, and that he will be ready for the start of training camp.

Hans Landaskog 07-02-2012 11:40 AM

Hey guys, did you hear Hejda had surgery? Zanon signing makes sense now. =]

bohlmeister 07-02-2012 11:45 AM

What a rollercoaster of emotions this free agent frenzy causes.

What? Why did we sign Carkner! Oh good, Islanders signed him. What? Why did we sign Zanon? Oh Hejda is out 4-6 months, that makes sense. What? He will be ready to start camp, then why did we sign Zanon!?! OMG, we haz too many bottom pair defensmen!!!

Foppa Frossa 07-02-2012 11:47 AM

I agree with Shermie, you can't have too many defensemen.

Full year in the A will benefit our prospects.

TwoPadStack 07-02-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bohlmeister (Post 51942163)
What a rollercoaster of emotions this free agent frenzy causes.

What? Why did we sign Carkner! Oh good, Islanders signed him. What? Why did we sign Zanon? Oh Hejda is out 4-6 months, that makes sense. What? He will be ready to start camp, then why did we sign Zanon!?! OMG, we haz too many bottom pair defensmen!!!

Continued...

What? Why did we trade EJ!?! Oh, good, we signed Brett Clark. What? Why did we trade O'Byrne? Oh, good, we signed Mike Commodore.

S E P H 07-02-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OReally (Post 51941703)

I think the Zanon signing is more of a precaution of not signing any top defenseman than Hejda IMO.

Adama0905 07-02-2012 11:59 AM

Can't wait to hear about the injuries to our ten other bottom-pairing defensemen so that the Zanon signing makes more sense.

jfc64 07-03-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adama0905 (Post 51943437)
Can't wait to hear about the injuries to our ten other bottom-pairing defensemen so that the Zanon signing makes more sense.

The word "other" is crucial here... Two out of six BPD will become non-BPD. Maybe Zanon will be one of them. And what will that say about the real BPD's? The signing makes sense either way. The guy was bald last time I checked.

DRL 07-03-2012 11:39 AM

Makes you wonder though why the gave liles away for a 2nd last year.

Where was the "you can never have too many nhl caliber dmen" last yr?

TwoPadStack 07-03-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRL (Post 52022309)

Liles is small, soft, expensive, and had run his course with the Avs.

The players brought in either before Liles' trade or just after(O'Byrne, Hejda, O'Brien) give you an idea of the type of player Sherman wanted to bring in on defense. Big, crease clearing D.

RockLobster 07-03-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRL (Post 52022309)

Speaking of Liles, I was perusing the Trade Board about a week or so ago and came across a Leafs thread and had several posters suggesting that if they were to trade Liles, they should be able to get "pretty close" to what they got for Kaberle...

The same posters who when US Avs fans said the same thing were saying things like "Liles isn't in the same league as Kaberle" and so on...

My how the times have changed.

DRL 07-03-2012 12:01 PM

There was no reason to not have liles last year.

Would have been our top PMD.
Tons of leadership and well respected.
He's no softer than elliot who played quite a bit.
Better than hunwick and SOB(as much as I like shane).
They couldve signed hedja and SOB and still had room for liles.

Drury_Sakic 07-03-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRL (Post 52023893)

I agree, sorta.

The one thing about Liles was that he was the only holdover remaing from several HORRIBLE years of Avs defensive cores. Now, I am not blaming Liles alone for what happened over those years, but at some point you have to start over and Liles was the "leader" of some really bad groups. Change for change sake is sometimes a good thing.

Another thing to consider about Liles is that he once again fell off the map 100% after December with the Leafs....which is one of the things the Avs needed to change as a club.

danmcn12 07-03-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRL (Post 52023893)

I love Liles and hated to see him go, but look what happened last year. Started hot, injury, inconstancy, and being a liability when he wasn't scoring. I think Sherman made the right move in moving on from Liles. He really would not fit well with the D core we have. The Bruins have a big, slow, conservative D core and everytime they try and add a PMD it ends terribly.

Foppa2118 07-03-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoPadStack (Post 52022593)
Liles is small, soft, expensive, and had run his course with the Avs.

The players brought in either before Liles' trade or just after(O'Byrne, Hejda, O'Brien) give you an idea of the type of player Sherman wanted to bring in on defense. Big, crease clearing D.

Yea, even though I think Liles would have helped the Avs a lot last year, I think that move was mostly about moving on, and opening up a spot on the blueline for someone different.

Duskog 07-10-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drury_Sakic (Post 52059507)
I agree, sorta.

The one thing about Liles was that he was the only holdover remaing from several HORRIBLE years of Avs defensive cores. Now, I am not blaming Liles alone for what happened over those years, but at some point you have to start over and Liles was the "leader" of some really bad groups. Change for change sake is sometimes a good thing.

Another thing to consider about Liles is that he once again fell off the map 100% after December with the Leafs....which is one of the things the Avs needed to change as a club.

This is it I think. I think most of us fans had a soft spot for him, but with Sherman taking over and the guard completely changing, it was the right move. Look at Edmonton, hung on to Smyth and Horcoff. Hemsky too, I think. You could almost add Smid, but he's solid, and was young when Moreau and Staios etc were around. It seems like holding on to older players for loyalty's sake is often a bad idea. Sometimes it works out like Selanne or the Sedins, but not always.

SuperTheGreat 07-10-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OReally (Post 51941703)

I wonder if Hejda will be ready for training camp.

JWK 07-10-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperTheGreat (Post 52406363)
I wonder if Hejda will be ready for training camp.

3rd post ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan13 (Post 51940923)
Avs reported that he'll be ready for TC.

SuperTheGreat 07-10-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWK (Post 52406457)
3rd post ;)

Sorry, the sly sarcastic sense of humor is sometimes hard to detect in the written word. Should'a added one of these :D or one of these:sarcasm: or this :deadhorse or maybe this one :arr: or even maybe this :newyear:Any case, I was joking:laugh:

TwoPadStack 07-10-2012 09:39 PM

I like the pirate one. :arr: