HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   The Nash Thread IV (All things Nash here) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1222545)

Double-Shift Lassť 07-02-2012 02:17 PM

The Nash Thread IV (All things Nash here)
 
Last page of v.III here
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...212841&page=40

Enjoy!

leesmith 07-02-2012 02:24 PM

It Starts Now.

:sarcasm:

Double-Shift Lassť 07-02-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leesmith (Post 51956681)
It Starts Now.

:sarcasm:

;)
Let's hope it ends now.

CapnCornelius 07-02-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť (Post 51959683)
;)
Let's hope it ends now.

It ends when Zach Parise (and/or Ryan Suter) says so and don't you forget.

Seriously, did thes guys not know who the 29 other teams in the league were until yesterday? Figure it out and move on. The rest of the free agents waiting on them to make up their mind have got to be a little ticked.

I guess they figure if Schultz got a whole week, they should too.

Matthew 07-02-2012 02:58 PM

The Delay
The Decision
The Derision
Armageddon
The Damned

What a great story free agency has been so far.

leesmith 07-02-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť (Post 51959683)
;)
Let's hope it ends now.

Well played! :handclap:

blahblah 07-02-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapnCornelius (Post 51960261)
Seriously, did thes guys not know who the 29 other teams in the league were until yesterday? Figure it out and move on. The rest of the free agents waiting on them to make up their mind have got to be a little ticked.

I understand a night to sleep on it, but I'm surprised they haven't figured it out as of 4:00 EST on day two. Both of them dragging their feet, no less.

RDriesenUD 07-02-2012 03:08 PM

https://twitter.com/#!/Aportzline

Quote:

Told Carolina keeps coming hard at #CBJ for Rick Nash. Hurricanes are not on Nash's list as of today, but that's not stopping their pursuit.

blahblah 07-02-2012 03:11 PM

I think Carolina would be a great destination for Nash.

Samkow 07-02-2012 03:11 PM

i don't have the same problem I have with Nash rejecting Carolina as I do with him rejecting Ottawa.


Well within his rights to be skeptical of them being good this season

Matthew 07-02-2012 03:13 PM

Carolina and San Jose have my favorite possible packages.

He'd get to play with Thornton or Eric Staal.

Thornton and Richards are on the wrong side of 30. Staal and Nash could be dominating together for years.

DangleOH91 07-02-2012 03:16 PM

What are some possible pieces from Carolina?

Brock Anton 07-02-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warcats61 (Post 51962189)
What are some possible pieces from Carolina?

Jamie McBain, Ryan Murphy, Jussi Jokinen, Zac Dalpe, Victor Rask, other prospects, draft picks.

I would add Tuomo Ruutu to that said list, but his NTC kicked in yesterday.

Double-Shift Lassť 07-02-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock Anton (Post 51962645)
Jamie McBain, Ryan Murphy, Jussi Jokinen, Zac Dalpe, Victor Rask, other prospects, draft picks.

I would add Tuomo Ruutu to that said list, but his NTC kicked in yesterday.

Jiri Tlusty.

Brock Anton 07-02-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť (Post 51962789)
Jiri Tlusty.

Yep, him too.

Pretty much everyone besides Staal x2, Ward, Skinner and possibly Faulk I'd say is available in a Nash deal for that matter.

Skraut 07-02-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blahblah (Post 51961753)
I think Carolina would be a great destination for Nash.

All that really matters though is what Nash thinks would be a great destination for Nash.

blahblah 07-02-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skraut (Post 51962925)
All that really matters though is what Nash thinks would be a great destination for Nash.

Pretty sure no one thought otherwise, nor did my statement imply I thought he cared about my thoughts.

Didn't you know I'm his agent? :p

Skraut 07-02-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blahblah (Post 51963029)
Pretty sure no one thought otherwise.

I didn't insinuate that you did. Just pointing out that we can discuss this until we're blue in the face (or in the jackets) but Nash holds the trump card.

It is frustrating at times, but then again he earned it.

Matthew 07-02-2012 03:28 PM

Keeping Skinner may be a financial mistake if Nash is going to Carolina.

Just sayin.

blahblah 07-02-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skraut (Post 51963251)
I didn't insinuate that you did. Just pointing out that we can discuss this until we're blue in the face (or in the jackets) but Nash holds the trump card.

It is frustrating at times, but then again he earned it.

We created our own problem. I suggested trading him three years ago.

Kev22 07-02-2012 03:30 PM

Everytime we hear a new team is making a push for Nash it's like Groundhog Day. They want our best player but don't want to give up anything but futures, picks and non-impact roster players. It's a shame, I blame this on Howson that he's torn this team down to the point that we don't have any choice but to rebuild. The more this process goes on, the more it's becoming clear that it's unlikely we'll be competitive for a long time.

Skraut 07-02-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blahblah (Post 51963407)
We created our own problem. I suggested trading him three years ago.

Yes, and the team would have been better for it.

Or actually they would have been worse in the short term, and better in the long term.

blahblah 07-02-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew (Post 51963267)
Keeping Skinner may be a financial mistake if Nash is going to Carolina.

Just sayin.

That depends on their budget situation. The cap situation doesn't appear to be a large issue.

Matthew 07-02-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blahblah (Post 51963655)
That depends on their budget situation. The cap situation doesn't appear to be a large issue.

Depends if they are comfortable having half the salary cap going towards both Staals, Nash, Ruutu, and Ward.

With Skinner as RFA after this year. And a lackluster defense.

Skraut 07-02-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blahblah (Post 51963655)
That depends on their budget situation. The cap situation doesn't appear to be a large issue.

Does the cap even matter anymore? It's nearly doubled in 6 years. Large market teams can keep bumping up against it, and then come next offseason, it grows enough to let them sign the next big free agent.

(no not bitter about losing a season of hockey or anything...)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.