HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Speculation: Suter and Parise (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1222603)

tatoo 07-02-2012 03:28 PM

Suter and Parise

If the hawks sign both,it would mean one of the core players would have to be traded.i think that it would probably be Kane.i read on another blog that the canadians were very interested in Kane,what would we get from Montreal if that was the case?

Bubba88 07-02-2012 03:29 PM

Kane won't get traded and Hawks won't sign both

No Fun Shogun 07-02-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba88 (Post 51963445)
Kane won't get traded and Hawks won't sign both

Yup.

It's one or the other or neither, but not both.

Bring Back GLR 07-02-2012 03:32 PM

I'm not "praising suter".

Ben Eager 07-02-2012 04:09 PM

I don't see them getting either or both for that matter. BUT if we did, I'm assuming you'd see Hammer and Stalberg traded for little return with both guys having either Montador or Frolik tossed in the deal.

BobbyJet 07-02-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tatoo (Post 51963305)
If the hawks sign both,it would mean one of the core players would have to be traded.i think that it would probably be Kane.i read on another blog that the canadians were very interested in Kane,what would we get from Montreal if that was the case?

You're dreaming. I doubt Hawks have even sniffed at either of these guys with the money they want.

Judrix 07-02-2012 04:38 PM

yeah yeah yeah

I'll praise the guy once he signs with the Hawks.

LandofLincoln 07-02-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Eager (Post 51970045)
I don't see them getting either or both for that matter. BUT if we did, I'm assuming you'd see Hammer and Stalberg traded for little return with both guys having either Montador or Frolik tossed in the deal.

that would be perfect
Stan would look like a King

hockeydoug 07-02-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyJet (Post 51972715)
You're dreaming. I doubt Hawks have even sniffed at either of these guys with the money they want.

Depends on whether or not McDonough intervened. McDonough gets what he wants.

HockeySensible 07-02-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Go read through the Free Agent Frenzy thread.

Cullksinikers 07-03-2012 12:29 AM

I thought the OP didn't spell "Parise" correctly in the title. Didn't bother to read more Suter/Parise stuff.

:laugh:

Rexy 07-03-2012 02:00 AM

seems like smoke and mirrors. If it's one we need more than the other, it's Suter

We don't need Parise. He doesn't fix the holes on the D, and he doesn't fix the hole at second line center.

Though I guess we could have a second line of Stalberg-Sharp-Hossa

Sarava 07-03-2012 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tatoo (Post 51963305)

If the Hawks could sign Parise and Suter, but it meant having to deal off Kane, Frolik and Hjalmarsson...then you do it in an instant and don't think twice about it. Not only does it make the team much better, but you'd also gain some sick riches back for Kane (picks or prospects, whatever...).

Sarava 07-03-2012 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rexy (Post 52007579)
seems like smoke and mirrors. If it's one we need more than the other, it's Suter

We don't need Parise. He doesn't fix the holes on the D, and he doesn't fix the hole at second line center.

Parise could help fix what was probably the biggest problem against Phoenix. The power play.

Bubba88 07-03-2012 04:36 AM

If we get both and we have to trade 1 of the core, I'd trade Hossa to the Pens or Flyers

Sarava 07-03-2012 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba88 (Post 52008665)
If we get both and we have to trade 1 of the core, I'd trade Hossa to the Pens or Flyers

For..?

I think it would have to be Hossa or Kane moved. I'm not sure how movable Hossa is right now with the concussion. And I personally would rather keep him over Kane anyway. He's a more complete player.

Iridium128 07-03-2012 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarava (Post 52008755)
For..?

I think it would have to be Hossa or Kane moved. I'm not sure how movable Hossa is right now with the concussion. And I personally would rather keep him over Kane anyway. He's a more complete player.

That's true, but Hossa will have 2-4 years until he starts to decline, whereas Kane will have another 10 or so until that age decline. Better to lose Hossa than Kane IMO. However, if I was Stan and just signed Suter and Parise, my first moves would be dumping Stalberg, Frolik, Montador and Hjalmarsson. Probably for a return that they are not worthy of, but moves that will have to be made.

Sir Psycho T 07-03-2012 07:11 AM

You won't get a true impact player for Hossa though. Not at 34 coming off a major concussion.

For Kane you could easily get an actual #1 goalie and more.

Imagine if the line-up where

Parise-Toews-Saad
Stalberg-Sharp-Hossa
Bickell-Bolland-Shaw
Carcillo-Mayers-Hayes

Keith-Seabrook
Suter-Leddy
Oduya-Brookbank/Olsen

Actual #1 goalie
Emery

That is a team that competes for a Cup.

DayNah 07-03-2012 07:18 AM

If we did sign both and had to move someone my guess would be Kane. But who's to say that Hossa will ever even play this year? They may put him on LTIR.

CPHawksFan 07-03-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T (Post 52010093)
You won't get a true impact player for Hossa though. Not at 34 coming off a major concussion.
For Kane you could easily get an actual #1 goalie and more.

Imagine if the line-up where

Parise-Toews-Saad
Stalberg-Sharp-Hossa
Bickell-Bolland-Shaw
Carcillo-Mayers-Hayes

Keith-Seabrook
Suter-Leddy
Oduya-Brookbank/Olsen

Actual #1 goalie
Emery

That is a team that competes for a Cup.

The point of trading Hossa would be to open up cap space, so no we wouldn't get an impact player in return...probably picks/prospects.

UsernameWasTaken 07-03-2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba88 (Post 52008665)

We could make space for both by dumping Hammer, Frolik, and Montador...assuming we're only getting picks back (i.e. no one who is going to add salary). We'd be right up against the cap though.

anyway...i doubt we get either of P or S...let alone both of them.

Illinihockey 07-03-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rexy (Post 52007579)

The hole a ceter gets covered up with another top 6 winger just link in 2009 when Sharp played center

MadhouseOnMadison 07-03-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Exactly. I'm blown away that we even made Parise an offer. There's pretty much zero chance we see Parise or Suter in an indian head next year.

CPHawksFan 07-03-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison (Post 52012873)
Exactly. I'm blown away that we even made Parise an offer. There's pretty much zero chance we see Parise or Suter in an indian head next year.

I know it's just speculation, but maybe Parise or Suter or both really WANT to play in Chicago and might be willing to take a little less money to do so.

It would be a pipedream to sign both of them, but I don't think it's unrealistic to sign one of them to a contract.

Illinihockey 07-03-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison (Post 52012873)
. There's pretty much zero chance we see Parise or Suter in an indian head next year.

The Hawks may not get Parise but clearly there's not a zero chance, in fact it appears there may be as good as a 50% chance.