HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Vancouver vs Edmonton. Who do you cheer for? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1222719)

Skobel24 07-02-2012 07:04 PM

Vancouver vs Edmonton. Who do you cheer for?
 
Thought it would be interesting to see which team is hated more between Flames fans. So, here's a scenario...

Conference Finals. Vancouver vs Edmonton. You have to cheer for one. Who?

TheHudlinator 07-02-2012 07:04 PM

Vancouver obviously

Skobel24 07-02-2012 07:04 PM

I'd actually say Edmonton. For whatever reason, I don't mind that team at all.

The Gnome 07-02-2012 07:05 PM

I would wear an Oilers jersey if it meant Vancouver would lose. I ****ing hate, I mean HATE, the Canucks!

Puckschmuck* 07-02-2012 07:07 PM

Vancouver. No contest. I ****ing hate the Coilers.

Thumper17 07-02-2012 07:07 PM

I'd cheer for the Oilers over the Canucks. The alberta rivalry is dead, it's all about the Battle of Western Canada.

MarkGio 07-02-2012 07:16 PM

You might as well put a gun to my groin and ask me which nut I want to keep.

I'll say the Canucks. As much as I hate to admit it, but they're the more respectable organization. They've been competitive for a long time and they do things right minus a few things here and there. Oilers treat players poorly (ie, Souray), they treat their fans bad (ie, pubically funded arena) and if any organization is rocking the old boys club, it's the Oilers with their Lowe and McTavish management.

Janko Unchained 07-02-2012 07:17 PM

I'd rather kill myself, but if I was held at gun point... I'd rather cheer for the Oilers than the Canucks. You asked me this question 10 years ago, I might have said Canucks over the Oilers.


Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkGio (Post 51982091)
You might as well put a gun to my groin and ask me which nut I want to keep.

I'll say the Canucks. As much as I hate to admit it, but they're the more respectable organization. They've been competitive for a long time and they do things right minus a few things here and there. Oilers treat players poorly (ie, Souray), they treat their fans bad (ie, pubically funded arena) and if any organization is rocking the old boys club, it's the Oilers with their Lowe and McTavish management.

That's fair. I actually kind of like the job Mike Gillis has done for his players, at least from the outside looking in. But you look at it team vs team... I'd sooner cheer for Edmonton. I love Eberle, and he alone would make it worth it over a combination of the Sedins, Bieksa, Kesler and Burrows. The only three Canucks I've had respect that have played there the over the last decade were Naslund, Linden and Sami Salo.

tyflames 07-02-2012 07:19 PM

Way rather cheer for canucks

LukeD 07-02-2012 07:25 PM

Oilers. If I have to, I can cheer for our ugly neighbour to the north.

Skobel24 07-02-2012 07:30 PM

I wonder if the Oilers vs Canucks rivalry is similar to ours? I've never really looked into it.

NucksOnly 07-02-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skobel24 (Post 51983061)
I wonder if the Oilers vs Canucks rivalry is similar to ours? I've never really looked into it.

We have a triangle of Hate. I personally hate the Flames and Oilers equally. But if I had to cheer for one, I'd cheer for the Flames because of Iggy. Great player, better person.

I Hate Chris Butler 07-02-2012 07:35 PM

I cheer for a meteor to destroy the Earth.

MarkGio 07-02-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Brostopolous (Post 51982139)
I'd rather kill myself, but if I was held at gun point... I'd rather cheer for the Oilers than the Canucks. You asked me this question 10 years ago, I might have said Canucks over the Oilers.



That's fair. I actually kind of like the job Mike Gillis has done for his players, at least from the outside looking in. But you look at it team vs team... I'd sooner cheer for Edmonton. I love Eberle, and he alone would make it worth it over a combination of the Sedins, Bieksa, Kesler and Burrows. The only three Canucks I've had respect that have played there the over the last decade were Naslund, Linden and Sami Salo.

See and I disagree about the watch value. The Oilers are a fun team on the come-up, but those Sedin twins are magical at times. They have a 6th sense together at times that you can't see anywhere else in the league or even any sport for that matter. And they're skill level to go with it? Well, there's a reason they were point leaders in back to back seasons.

Janko Unchained 07-02-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkGio (Post 51983595)
See and I disagree about the watch value. The Oilers are a fun team on the come-up, but those Sedin twins are magical at times. They have a 6th sense together sometimes that you can see anywhere else in the league or even any sport for that matter. And they're skill level to go with it? Well, there's a reason they've were point leaders in back to back seasons.

Oh they are great players, absolutely. I don't even hate them that much, I just am indifferent to them.

Nordberg 07-02-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkGio (Post 51983595)
See and I disagree about the watch value. The Oilers are a fun team on the come-up, but those Sedin twins are magical at times. They have a 6th sense together sometimes that you can see anywhere else in the league or even any sport for that matter. And they're skill level to go with it? Well, there's a reason they've were point leaders in back to back seasons.

There is something about the Sedins I just can't stand and I have no idea what it really is. They are fantastic players for sure, fun to watch, fairly classy, nice guys through and through. They even seem to have a good sense of humour.

So I just don't know, maybe it's the hair color.

Oh, and they've never played well for Sweden internationally.

MarkGio 07-02-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Brostopolous (Post 51983751)
Oh they are great players, absolutely. I don't even hate them that much, I just am indifferent to them.

Same here. I hate em just because I have to.

Volica 07-02-2012 07:47 PM

Edmonton has been a non-factor for the past decade. They play hard.
Vancouver has a good team, full of dirt bags and trash; so...

Edmonton.

Stewie Griffin 07-02-2012 07:53 PM

http://exposingthetruth.info/wp-cont...mageddon29.jpg


But in all honesty I'd probably just go outside and skip the game all together.

BVicious 07-02-2012 08:00 PM

Neither. I don't cheer for a team cuz the franchise is located in Canada. I cheer for the team against those 2 teams alllll the time

drewskiv 07-02-2012 08:13 PM

Seeing i cant stand either one of thoses teams can i choose the chicago wolves

Backlund 07-02-2012 08:16 PM

I hope both teams lose in a 0-0 tie and the cup is awarded to the Eastern Conference winner.

Unlimited Chequing 07-02-2012 08:36 PM

The Oilers are a crappier team than the Canucks, but my distaste for the Oilers goes back to growing up in the 80's when there was such a huge rivalry. On the other hand, I've learned to dislike the Canucks almost purely because of their fans over the last decade (of course I'm not generalizing and saying all fans are *****).

I say neither. I just can't do it.

InfinityIggy 07-02-2012 08:43 PM

Whoever wins the East.

DoubleJ96 07-02-2012 09:06 PM

I hate this question. Canucks are 1A and Oilers are 1B in terms of teams I hate. So I guess by default I choose the Oilers since I hate the Canucks more the last few years.

But I cheer more for them to beat the crap out of each other so the East wins The Cup.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.