HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Would you sign Jokinen if it allowed the Sabres to trade for Ryan? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1222781)

ttcminaker 07-02-2012 07:33 PM

Would you sign Jokinen if it allowed the Sabres to trade for Ryan?

I would say yes. Big bodied centre that can produce some points and would be a stop gap until Grigs and Girgs are ready.

I think that any deal for Bobby Ryan is going to have to include Ennis at this point.

Rhett4 07-02-2012 07:36 PM

Sure. Bobby Ryan is a big move, and if dealing with Jokinen is the price, I pay it. Of course, it depends on the trade pieces going west...

Sabreality 07-02-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttcminaker (Post 51987581)
I would say yes. Big bodied centre that can produce some points and would be a stop gap until Grigs and Girgs are ready.

I think that any deal for Bobby Ryan is going to have to include Ennis at this point.

i'm still unsure if I'd like to trade the assets required to get Ryan. Instead of Ryan & Jokinen, what about signing Semin & trading for a stop-gap 2013 UFA C like Antropov or Zubrus for peanuts (while keeping Ennis/Sekera & Co.)

Selanne00008 07-02-2012 07:37 PM

No. Because you are assuming Ennis must be involved in a trade for Ryan which IMO is not true. And if it is true then the Ryan deal is squashed. Ennis isn't going anywhere.

I'd rather trade Adam, McNabb, and Armia/1st for Ryan.

Play4Miracles* 07-02-2012 07:37 PM

I guess so, but I wouldn't feel good about it.

HockeyH3aven 07-02-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabreality (Post 51987869)
i'm still unsure if I'd like to trade the assets required to get Ryan. Instead of Ryan & Jokinen, what about signing Semin & trading for a stop-gap 2013 UFA C like Antropov or Zubrus for peanuts (while keeping Ennis/Sekera & Co.)

Ryan is younger, cheaper, with similar production, and is more physical.

I like both players, but there is a clear advantage to Ryan, which makes having to give up assets worthwhile.

Sabretip 07-02-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Apparently, those people willing to embrace the suggestion of Jokinen are the same ones who bought Chris Gratton and Taylor Pyatt jerseys.

Quote:

Well, if Regier says the team needs to get bigger and tougher to play against, how does holding onto Ennis at the expense of adding Ryan fit that criteria?

:shakehead

Sabretip 07-02-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selanne00008 (Post 51987877)
No. Because you are assuming Ennis must be involved in a trade for Ryan which IMO is not true. And if it is true then the Ryan deal is squashed. Ennis isn't going anywhere.

I'd hate to give up Foligno but for Ryan, it'd be worth it. If Adam+Foligno+1st rounder will win the derby, Regier should do it.

mechaphil 07-02-2012 08:01 PM

Only if it's a one or two year deal. Grigorenko could be NHL ready at any moment, and we don't want Jokinen getting showered with Pegulabucks delaying our new Russian's debut.

struckbyaparkedcar 07-02-2012 08:02 PM

I think Foligno is gonna be something special. Like Callahan levels of team importance. I don't part with him for anything but truly elite talent. I like Ryan, but he isn't that.

It's irrational, I know.

mechaphil 07-02-2012 08:09 PM

Nick Kypreos reporting Jokinen and Jets closing in on multi-year deal.

https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/219960603966570496

EDIT: And Darren Dreger has the term and numbers

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...61423827185666

Mellifleur 07-02-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selanne00008 (Post 51987877)

Holy crap what's with all the Bobby Ryan love ? I really like the idea of getting Ryan (assuming he has no baggage) but man I just don't want to give up McNabb. He is at the very least going to be a very hard hitting defensive defense-man that will keep opposing forwards honest and if he meets his potential he will have some serious upside and will be far more valuable than a Bobby Ryan will be. And for all we know if we give Adam some time to develop on the wing he could end up being pretty similar to Ryan, maybe not quite as physical but he could end up being a big scoring winger that has a nose for the net. And we want to add in Armia or a 1rst (presumably from the 2013 draft ?). Eeesh...

Selanne00008 07-02-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabretip (Post 51989055)
I'd hate to give up Foligno but for Ryan, it'd be worth it. If Adam+Foligno+1st rounder will win the derby, Regier should do it.

Would you rather flip Foligno with Armia? I think I would.

S319R11S16 07-02-2012 08:13 PM

Jokinen 2 yr deal to WPG 9m

Done Deal

struckbyaparkedcar 07-02-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mechaphil (Post 51989933)
Nick Kypreos reporting Jokinen and Jets closing in on multi-year deal.

https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/219960603966570496

EDIT: And Darren Dreger has the term and numbers

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...61423827185666

Well, it was fun while it lasted. :laugh:

Stop Winnin 07-02-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowOni (Post 51990167)
Holy crap what's with all the Bobby Ryan love ? I really like the idea of getting Ryan (assuming he has no baggage) but man I just don't want to give up McNabb. He is at the very least going to be a very hard hitting defensive defense-man that will keep opposing forwards honest and if he meets his potential he will have some serious upside and will be far more valuable than a Bobby Ryan will be. And for all we know if we give Adam some time to develop on the wing he could end up being pretty similar to Ryan, maybe not quite as physical but he could end up being a big scoring winger that has a nose for the net. And we want to add in Armia or a 1rst (presumably from the 2013 draft ?). Eeesh...

What do you propose would be a fair return for Anaheim for Ryan?

Selanne00008 07-02-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowOni (Post 51990167)

Well, I honeslty don't know where Adam fits in, especially with Grigs and co. just drafted. He had a solid first step into the NHL this year and could be at a "sell high" point in a sense. You have to give to get, and other centers ANA is apparently asking for are simply not available (Ennis).

I do agree McNabb would hurt most in the trade. But, we are trying to win now. DO we have years to let these guys possibly develop and work out?

Chainshot 07-02-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar (Post 51989481)
I think Foligno is gonna be something special. Like Callahan levels of team importance. I don't part with him for anything but truly elite talent. I like Ryan, but he isn't that.

It's irrational, I know.

Not irrational. Foligno has that sort of do-anything-for-his teammates attitude, the size, physicality.... he just got here they need him going forward. As for Jokinen... no thanks. If he's going to the Jets, fine. Just not here.

Rhett4 07-02-2012 08:26 PM

Ding dong, Joki's gone!

struckbyaparkedcar 07-02-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainshot (Post 51990893)
Not irrational. Foligno has that sort of do-anything-for-his teammates attitude, the size, physicality.... he just got here they need him going forward. As for Jokinen... no thanks. If he's going to the Jets, fine. Just not here.

Word. I still can't get the Komisarek play out of my head. Komi had been having a decent game up until that point, too and nobody had really stepped up to his **** after the whistle and around the net. And then Foligno just took him out of the play on the GTG. And in the faceoff circle, Marcus called. His. Shot. Against a grizzled vet whose game at this point is reduced to trading barbs with the new kids. After setting the tone early by knocking Gunnarsson out for the year...

Zip15 07-02-2012 08:29 PM

/thread

joshjull 07-02-2012 08:40 PM

moot at this point