HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Patrick O'Sullivan (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=122291)

Barnaby 01-06-2005 01:57 AM

Patrick O'Sullivan

I know he's not a Ranger pick unfortunately, but he's an American born player so good enough ;) I just thought this was a really interesting interview that some of you might like to read. I'd definately like to see the Rangers get some colorful and talented players like this guy. In fact I say we deal for him now. How many other hockey players can be given credit for bringing the word 'assclown' to a league such as the OHL?

http://www.rinkratmag.com/sully.html

NYR2 01-06-2005 02:53 AM

That was pretty funny lol. I like O'Sullivan a lot.

JR#9* 01-06-2005 07:24 AM

This was one of the picks they definetely missed the boat on.

We take Baranka at #50 in the 2nd round allowing the Wild to take Patrick at #56.Sure there were questions about him mostly due to his maniac father who he has a restraining order against but what wasn't in question was the kids talent level.

To me you take a risk on a kid who was a sure fire 1st rounder at a draft slot like #50 if he falls that far.

His upside even with the questions would've warrented him being picked over Baranka.

Choice 01-06-2005 06:52 PM

His idol is Mannie Fresh! And we took Baranka over this guy!? He's a franchise cornerstone! :handclap: The Wild are going to have some great warmup mixes in a few years...

Fletch 01-06-2005 07:32 PM

We took Baranka...

and then the 51st, 52nd, 53rd, 54th and 55th pick go by, and still no O'Sullivan...

Barnaby 01-06-2005 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
and then the 51st, 52nd, 53rd, 54th and 55th pick go by, and still no O'Sullivan...

then #56 - the jackpot

Kovy274Hart 01-07-2005 01:00 AM

That was a very funny interview.

LMAO at the bum thing and the Jennifer Love Hewitt stuff. Good ****!

Edge 01-07-2005 09:51 PM

if they kid becomes an NHL player it's worth discussing. You just simply can't do this discussion now.

I also love that people complained about the people we've had in this locker room but so long as their under 21 it doesn't matter what mysterious surround them.

Drafting for NY isn't always just about talent, it's about finding the right personality for the environment as well. Unfortunatly the Rangers have seemed to often fail at both.

NYR469 01-07-2005 10:14 PM

he is an awesome talent and i've been pulling for him after reading about the way his dad treated him growing up...but playing in minnesota vs nyc is probably is better for him cause i gotta think that he has permanent emotional problems after everything he went thru...

i don't really compare his situation to theo fleury cause they are completely different, but fleury's emotional problems were there before he came to ny but no one really knew about them. did he just hide it better in other calgary & colorado?? or did the pressure of nyc push a guy on the brink over the edge??

from a hockey standpoint, i'd love to have o'sullivan on the rangers...but i really get the feeling that playing in minnesota is almost the perfect situation for him. i'm not so sure that nyc would have been good for him.

NYR469 01-07-2005 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
Drafting for NY isn't always just about talent, it's about finding the right personality for the environment as well. Unfortunatly the Rangers have seemed to often fail at both.

:lol

NYR469 01-07-2005 10:29 PM

Quote:

Favourite IceDogs trade?

The Jason Spezza deal, the trade heard world wide. The guys they got in return for Jason were first-class athletes themselves and great guys off the ice. That was quite the trade.
in case anyone didn't get that joke, o'sullivan was refering to himself when talking about that 'first class athlete/great guy'...ice dogs got the top pick in the ohl draft for spezza and drafted o'sullivan with the pick 1st overall.

Broadway Brett 01-08-2005 08:34 AM

Before the 2003 draft I heard people saying that we would draft him with our first pick! :amazed: When we passed him up in the second, I was pissed. I knew that he would be a steal if he got picked after the first round. Now, I'm looking like the genius that I am. :D

DarthSather99 01-08-2005 10:48 AM

He is a nice talent and the interview was a bit funny but he sounds like a punk to me. I'm glad the Rangers didn't draft him. Baranka is a solid defenseman and I'm glad we have him.